For those going to London - have you received your tickets?

Yes,

I received my tickets via tracked USPS mail from the Bills on Sept 12th. However, I originally received a notice to come pick it up at the post office as the Bills had sent it with insufficient postage. When i went to pick it up, I was told that they had sent a whole batch of stuff out without enough postage and at least my post office just decided to deliver them and charge the Bills back for the postage.

Your tix may have been sent and are lost in the insufficient postage zone. I would call.

Ticketmaster UK are distributing in batches based on the stadium zones I believe. A batch went out yesterday so you might be in that batch. As a UK resident who has been to Wembley games before if you have not received them and are worried it is getting close to your departure from the US ring Ticketmaster UK and the are happy to cancel those tickets and re-issue for collection at the stadium box office on the day.

No, I have not received my ticket yet. I just checked the Ticketmaster UK site and in my account, it states: "Your tickets have not yet been dispatched."

I am not sure about any events. I emailed my BB season ticket rep the other day, and he was not aware of anything. I was surprised. I would have thought that there would be something Bills related.

I have a vague recollection that the NFL itself does something, but I still have to look into this.

Ticketmaster UK are distributing in batches based on the stadium zones I believe. A batch went out yesterday so you might be in that batch. As a UK resident who has been to Wembley games before if you have not received them and are worried it is getting close to your departure from the US ring Ticketmaster UK and the are happy to cancel those tickets and re-issue for collection at the stadium box office on the day.

thank you - really appreciate the advice.

question - I know you're based in the UK but do you happen to have any advice on renting cars in Ireland? We are spending most of our time in Ireland - and plan to rent a car and explore the Island. We are hearing nightmares about fees and additional coverages and expenses associated with the car rental. Any advice?

Between the Arsenal game and the Bills game, it was a very tough weekend. I am still recovering. If there are two teams that I want my "football" teams to beat, they are Chelski and the Pats. Ugh.

thank you - really appreciate the advice.

question - I know you're based in the UK but do you happen to have any advice on renting cars in Ireland? We are spending most of our time in Ireland - and plan to rent a car and explore the Island. We are hearing nightmares about fees and additional coverages and expenses associated with the car rental. Any advice?

My experience renting cars in Ireland....you will run into something 100% of the time and do damage to that car!

What I always do is rent compact car as smaller the car the better, but I do want some protection around me in case of crash, so none of those Smart cars for me.

If you are comfortable with a stick, get a stick and save money over the automatic. I was nervous first time, but configuration is same and within first two gear shifts you are comfortable

Take money saved from not getting an automatic, and get the FULL coverage on the car. I don't care that your Credit Card covers, or that your car insurance covers, or you have AAA....NONE OF THAT MATTERS.......get the FULL COVERAGE! Just do it. Yes it's like 50 a day...you will thank me later! You will save 30 getting the stick...so net of 20 ....will be the best money you have ever spent.

Really is nice seeing everyone argue at dropoff about this ding or that broken mirror was there before....and you just hand back the keys and say CYA.

You will get used to the side of the road thing, but in some smaller towns and smaller streets, your passengers are going to constantly telling you are too close...tell them go to hell, if they want to drive they are more than welcome to( wife) .

Get used to hearing Roundabout 100 times and hour from your GPS

Quick edit...I think Mr. Info travels there quite a bit, hopefully he sees this and weighs in. And if he says something different than me, while he may not be as smart as me...I would go with what he says!

Edited by plenzmd1

Between the Arsenal game and the Bills game, it was a very tough weekend. I am still recovering. If there are two teams that I want my "football" teams to beat, they are Chelski and the Pats. Ugh.

I never expected Arsenal to win. We will eventually have a year where the ref doesn't screw us at Chelsea but I won't hold my breath.

I didn't expect the Bills to win either but I thought we might. Took me 24 hours to recover.