Texans already moving to Mallett as starter

YoloinOhio

I actually think things like that are important. If a player shows up to camp and knows the ins and outs of the organization, it shows that he has interest in the greater good of the team, not just playing for a contract anywhere he happened to get drafted. Maybe the "CFO" is a little overboard but it's more of a way to set an example.

I guess. I'd be way more worried about whether the player shows up on time and whether he knows his assignments before I gave a crap if he know the company execs.

He also was quizzing them on who other players were. That's understandable, but some exec who he may never see, who cares.

And WE were hand wringing over our QBs?

If ANY of our QBs were not on our roster right now they would get scooped up so quick.

one of them wasnt on the roster just a week ago and didnt get scooped....

You knew this was coming. I think he just wanted to give the vet his fair shot in regular season game action before he made the call to go with Mallett.

this is incredibly quick.

and after mallett no-showed practice the day after the decision, I thought he would have to work pretty hard for awhile to get back in the good graces.

B b b b b b b b but....Rex Ryan and the Bills were the only of 31 teams to not have a starter this preseason, and we have the worst QB in the NFL! I know I read that somewhere(s)

Someone's gonna wish they offered a better contract to Cassel. Or they're gonna be asking the Bills what EJ would cost them

No doubt. Cassel > Mallett.