Would You Have Your Son Circumcised, and Why?

Rob's House

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say clip (pun intended Clipper) away. We faced the same choice in 1998 w/our son. The nature approach was starting to gain traction back then. BEST choice we made was to do it! Had a gr8 old-school, old-timer doctor that was a real pro, precise, quick... Wham bam and done... No messing around, no mistakes. But, I mentioned that already.

Most men like to pee standing up, unless one is Tom Brady. Peeing standing up is easier circumcised. In a public washroom, it will look like one is playing w/it if they are uncut.

Seriously, I did mention that my father is NOT cut. He'd always prefer sitting down and this was his excuse. FWIW

#EndOfDiscussion

Thanks for the ignorance.

A few tidbits I've come across that I'll share for the benefit of others:

- The hygeine benefits are miniscule and can be remedied by applying soap and water at shower time.

- The medical benefits are virtually non-existent in the first world.

- The foreskin adds sensation for both parties.

- I know of a few uncut guys who have had plenty of experience with women.

A few tidbits I've come across that I'll share for the benefit of others:

- The hygeine benefits are miniscule and can be remedied by applying soap and water at shower time.

- The medical benefits are virtually non-existent in the first world.

- The foreskin adds sensation for both parties.

- I know of a few uncut guys who have had plenty of experience with women.

Soap and water it a novel idea... Hygiene isn't really an issue for most of the model world after the age of 12, but from 5/6-12 is kind if important, there is no denying that there is more room for uncleanliness with te extra skin...

What? It's only done because everyone does it. We don't need our earlobes, but no one cuts those off when we're born.

Ear lobes actually help funnel sound to the ears....

It's either you do it young or don't do it at all. Simple as that. You make the choice for him, period. Of course he can make the choice later, but I wouldn't suggest that.

Don't over-think this.

Again, what I would do? Is do it.

That's not necessarily true. I know a guy who had it done at 16. He said it wasn't pleasant, but it worked. I'm sure with some lidocain it would be just fine.

Just looks better cleaned up in the long run.

Ladies talk... Lol. Dont know if he is or not of course, but if Brad Pitt (universally known as "attractive guy") was not circumsided, you think he would have a hard time getting laid?

Realistically, the biggest penis worry should be if its deformed in some way. Example: Banana d*ck. Now that's a problem!

Nope. Just your regular sexaholic. Big difference.

Im actually trying to not be explicit, which is the funny part.

So his son will be Brad Pitt? Having a good looking unit boosts confidence... Unless you are a Brad Pitt and have a good looking everything else. Edited by Beef Jerky

Yikes! I said I wouldn't suggest it.

I am just saying lead with the choice you make. Don't hestitate... Move forward w/what ever you decide. Be decisive!

I decided before I posted the thread. Just after hearing the unexpected outpouring of concern from those around me I was curious what others thought about the matter.

Yikes! I said I wouldn't suggest it.

I am just saying lead with the choice you make. Don't hestitate... Move forward w/what ever you decide. Be decisive!

I hate to agree with you but did post wimar sentiment earlier to avoid choosing based on what he can correct later. Even if you leave it, I'm not sure that's a great reason.

I hate to agree with you but did post wimar sentiment earlier to avoid choosing based on what he can correct later. Even if you leave it, I'm not sure that's a great reason.

:lol::lol: It just pains people to agree with me SOMEtimes! :lol::lol:

I decided before I posted the thread. Just after hearing the unexpected outpouring of concern from those around me I was curious what others thought about the matter.

I missed your choice. Leave it???

Yes

Fine. That's cool!

I can only tell you from my experience. Unfortunately, that experience was slammed above as being ignorant. It was never an issue w/my brother and I being different than my father... Yet he (father) was recluctant to go standing up. Now, I don't know how it would be in reverse. I am assuming you are cut?

IMO. Giving him the choice later should never be an option. Of course he can do what ever he wants as an adult. Again, don't over-think it or you will be makinig your first mistake as a parent. You have to be happy with the choice YOU (I am assuming your wife or significant other) make and he will be happy with himself.

I can't sway you either way... I just know what we would do and done. Again... Decisive and move on. Good luck and congrats!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Soap and water it a novel idea... Hygiene isn't really an issue for most of the model world after the age of 12, but from 5/6-12 is kind if important, there is no denying that there is more room for uncleanliness with te extra skin...

Ear lobes actually help funnel sound to the ears....

I've never heard that. Do you have a link?