T-Mobile service WNY/Rochester

707BillsFan

Stupid topic but looking for some help. I live in California, but my daughter goes to college in Rochester (Fisher). We're getting tired of paying Verizon's crazy monthly amount for 4 lines. T-Mobile has stepped up their game in a difficult coverage NorCal region (leasing towers from other carriers). Since we'll carry her thru college, I'm looking for input regarding T-Mobile in the area. I planned on having her try the 7-Day free trial T-Mobile offers, but there is a 2 mos wait to get a phone. I've only seen a few recent comments doing a net search...and it seems sketchy (but I read those same responses here in NorCal until I did the free trial and found out it was no better/worse than Verizon). Don't want her to be w/o decent phone coverage so far from home. Any help would a appreciated...

Thanks

Verizon is going to an ultra simple no contract plans with only four choices, small, medium large and extra large. Everyone gets unlimited talk and text, but small is I think 4 gb of data, and XL is 12 gb. Prices are $40-80 dollars. But you have to buy your own phone, or lease one from them. It's pretty clear cut and probably gonna be the best deal you can get. And coverage will be way better than t-mobile

Thanks. I'll have to check this out. Usually when Vzw comes out w/ some new plan, it still ends up being more. We'll see if this one is any better.

Verizon is going to an ultra simple no contract plans with only four choices, small, medium large and extra large. Everyone gets unlimited talk and text, but small is I think 4 gb of data, and XL is 12 gb. Prices are $40-80 dollars. But you have to buy your own phone, or lease one from them. It's pretty clear cut and probably gonna be the best deal you can get. And coverage will be way better than t-mobile

This. I got the email from them last week with the offer to switch. I picked the plan closest to what I currently have and it would only save me $2/month. The biggest difference is the minutes would go from 450/month to unlimited. But I'm not even using 200 minutes/month currently.

I like the appeal of keeping what I have (Verizon). Like i said, T-Mobile has stepped up their game here in Northern Calif, but apparently in WNY they still pretty much suck...which is a major disappointment, because we would have saved quite a bit switching to them. I'll have to sit down and crunch the #'s to see what will work best. I see there are T-Mobile stores littered throughout WNY...someone has to be using their service. I guess the silence speaks volumes. My beloved NY'er might put a kink into my plans of moving us all over. Oh well. Thanks!

I like the appeal of keeping what I have (Verizon). Like i said, T-Mobile has stepped up their game here in Northern Calif, but apparently in WNY they still pretty much suck...which is a major disappointment, because we would have saved quite a bit switching to them. I'll have to sit down and crunch the #'s to see what will work best. I see there are T-Mobile stores littered throughout WNY...someone has to be using their service. I guess the silence speaks volumes. My beloved NY'er might put a kink into my plans of moving us all over. Oh well. Thanks!

T mobile is great as long as you stay in the metro area, but if you go anywhere at all outside a major region you've lost them.

Update...Verizon pi$$ed me off. When we updated to the new plan..we were told we'd be able to upgrade 3 of our 4 phones. Go to the Verizon store today, nope...only mine is able to be upgraded. It was a mistake on their part they told us we'd be able to upgrade the other phones. After we go round n round w/ Verizon, I am now w/ T-Mobile (which is fine here in my area) and I hijacked one of my daughters to go w/ me. Rochester daughter will have to wait...we're visiting this week and I'll see how the service is in that area. If poor, she'll stay on Verizon.No big deal for her. ** SIGH **