What We Want In A Conservative President

3rdnlng

says the loser of losers

If what I'm doing is "losing", and what you're doing is "winning", then not only do I never want to "win", but I also wouldn't ever wish "winning" on anyone I know.

I hope you manage to dry out one of these days, and stop "winning" so hard early in the day on Tuesdays.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If what I'm doing is "losing", and what you're doing is "winning", then not only do I never want to "win", but I also wouldn't ever wish "winning" on anyone I know.

I hope you manage to dry out one of these days, and stop "winning" so hard early in the day on Tuesdays.

Hey, you're spending your time engaging a drunk and I'm spending my time engaging an Ahole, my excuse is I'm drunk what's your excuse?

It's a good thing you glossed yourself "The smartest man in the room" because that was weak, if I'm a weekday drunk you're a weakday punk.

Any time that you, gatroman, and myself are in the same room; A) I immediately begin to question why I'm in that room, and B) I'm the smartest man there. The mop in closet is the second smartest.

And again, if what you're doing right now is "winning", then if I were you I'd worry about the long term effects of "winning" on my liver.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Any time that you, gatroman, and myself are in the same room; A) I immediately begin to question why I'm in that room, and B) I'm the smartest man there. The mop in closet is the second smartest.

And again, if what you're doing right now is "winning", then if I were you I'd worry about the long term effects of "winning" on my liver.

You are? Wow, here I was going to say you were barely more intelligent that Greggy, but I thought that was way too insulting, but whatever.

Typical government employee: does ****ty, lazy work, and then blames everyone else for the problem he created.

Yes, I'm lazy because I want someone to clean up the mess they created rather than cleaning it up for them.

Moron.

Dude, put your big boy pants and do a little work... It won't kill to go the extra mile for somebody else. It is so unbecoming preaching self-reliance and then you need somebody else to organize for you.

You either engage or you don't. If it is too hard, don't engage.

Look @ me, look @ me... TYTT can't engage unless somebody cleans things up!... LMAO

Go preach your self-reliance somewhere else. A little hard work and you whine like a spoiled baby. Typical.

What a jerk... He thinks he has maids and minions here!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

So weak, what a pathetic attempt, it is such a loser move to gloss yourself "smartest man in the room" don't you have a friend to validate you? maybe your wife? I see why you are a libertarian knucklehead, no one ever loved you.

Dude, put your big boy pants and do a little work... It won't kill to go the extra mile for somebody else. It is so unbecoming preaching self-reliance and then you need somebody else to organize for you.

You either engage or you don't. If it is too hard, don't engage.

Look @ me, look @ me... TYTT can't engage unless somebody cleans things up!... LMAO

Go preach your self-reliance somewhere else. A little hard work and you whine like a spoiled baby. Typical.

What a jerk... He thinks he has maids and minions here!

Actually, it's far more like they way you properly raise children to clean up their own mess.

When my daughter was younger she started to grow into the habit of leaving a mess behind her in her wake. She'd leave the cereal box out in the morning after pouring herself a bowl. She'd leave her clothes on the bathroom floor after taking a shower. She'd leave the lights or television on after leaving the room, etc. She did this because her mother would clean up behind her, and there weren't any consequences. Later in the day, I'd get home from the office, and I'd listen to my wife, completely exasperated, and reasonably so, explain the trouble she was having, and how my daughter continually ignored her or talked back, resisting cleaning up her mess. She went so far as to call my wife lazy for not cleaning up after her.

Finally, after a few months of this, I put a solution into place. My wife was no longer to address the situation at all and was to leave everything in place until I got home from a business trip. When I got home a week later, the house was a pigsty. I didn't get angry, and I went through my normal routine of basically being happy to be home and see my family. Then my wife and I brought my daughter, who was 16, into the living room for a conversation, and explained to her exactly what was going to happen as she pleaded with me tearfully.

I explained to her that all of these possessions which she believed to be hers, actually belonged to her mother and I, and that since we purchased those things for her to care for, and she had shown an inability or unwillingness to do so, we were taking them back. And since we had no use for half her wardrobe, her various electronics, her television, etc. I had decided to burn them all in the fire pit in the back yard. I also informed her that she had a choice: either she could gather the things and put them into the fire pit herself, or, since no one works for free, she was going to pay her mother and I to do it for her. So, after some hemming and hawing, lots of tears and pleading, she reluctantly carried all of the possessions in question out to the fire pit where I burned them.

My daughter, 5 years older now, loves telling that story, and says that it was the most teachable moment of her life. She's an adult that understands that if you are a serious person who wants to be treated like an adult, you don't create a mess and then insist someone else clean it up, and even less would you dare chastise them for them not doing your work for you.

You, EII, are acting like a 16 year old girl.

So weak, what a pathetic attempt, it is such a loser move to gloss yourself "smartest man in the room" don't you have a friend to validate you? maybe your wife? I see why you are a libertarian knucklehead, no one ever loved you.

I live my life in a way that requires no external validation. That's one of the major benefits of personal responsibility, and one you apparently could benefit from.

And, because I care, I'd suggest trying to stay clear of the hard stuff when you're doing all this daytime "winning" of yours. It turns you ugly.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I explained to her that all of these possessions which she believed to be hers, actually belonged to her mother and I, and that since we purchased those things for her to care for, and she had shown an inability or unwillingness to do so, we were taking them back. And since we had no use for half her wardrobe, her various electronics, her television, etc. I had decided to burn them all in the fire pit in the back yard. I also informed her that she had a choice: either she could gather the things and put them into the fire pit herself, or, since no one works for free, she was going to pay her mother and I to do it for her. So, after some hemming and hawing, lots of tears and pleading, she reluctantly carried all of the possessions in question out to the fire pit where I burned them.

cool story bro - do you have any stories of your life that don't sound like right-wing pablum from a low-rent right-wing propaganda dispenser

I live my life in a way that requires no external validation. good because judging from the quality of your post you're not going to get any.

...lybob:

Please be courteous enough to edit you responses, as I have in my posts, to make them easy to respond to, instead of having to cut/paste everything out, and pre-edit your formatting in order to respond to you.

If you'll do that, I'll be more than happy to engage you.

In short form, however, I'll note that my values have led directly to my lifestyle; as sadly, your values seem to have led to yours as well. I'll say a prayer for you.

This! Yep... Too MUCH individualistic thinking. Individualism is breaking down the structure of society.

I'm not a conservative, nor a libertarian, but I do think individualism is what makes our country great. The protection of the individual from overreach by the state, or whichever popular "group think" exists at the moment. is one of the core principles this nation was founded upon. It's an ideal that we've fought and died to attain. Collectivism of any kind, by and large, is the antithesis of freedom and liberty. History overwhelmingly shows this to be true.

Is there a middle ground? Absolutely. But to say individualism is breaking down the structure of society is just not true. It's the backbone of our society.

I'm not a conservative, nor a libertarian, but I do think individualism is what makes our country great. The protection of the individual from overreach by the state, or whichever popular "group think" exists at the moment. is one of the core principles this nation was founded upon. It's an ideal that we've fought and died to attain. Collectivism of any kind, by and large, is the antithesis of freedom and liberty. History overwhelmingly shows this to be true.

Is there a middle ground? Absolutely. But to say individualism is breaking down the structure of society is just not true. It's the backbone of our society.

Well put sir.

That is why I included it in my needs for a conservative President

So, I start a thread that I think could lead to some serious and interesting discussion and lyrbob, baskin, gator and exhiled all do their best to derail it with their horseshit. You four could have stated that you were liberals but went on to list the qualities that you think are important for a president to have. That would have led to civil discourse here rather than this thread getting bogged down with your nonsense. This happens all the time here with you guys, but I guess it's the accepted modus operandi with you liberals everywhere. Has the left lost all of its morality, convictions and honor? Back shortly after the last presidential election Harry Reid was asked about his lies about Mitt Romney. He didn't deny anything or try to explain it away. He said "they worked, didn't they"? There wasn't much uproar over the dems senate leader saying something like that and I knew then that you liberals had become morally bankrupt to allow such a statement to go unchallenged.

You know, I've never complained to a mod about anyone here and doubt I ever will. If I was a mod though, I'd be all over you guys for your continual derailment of threads and lack of contribution. Why do you even bother coming here?