Death, Taxes and Fred Jackson in the backfield

YoloinOhio

Yes!!! I know this thread is focusing on Fred, and yes I'm super excited at what he's done and continues to do in Buffalo.... I really want to mention how excited I am that this team didn't give up on Easley! It wasn't an easy start to a career that he had, and with all the trash picks we were making in that era (and coaching turnover), he could have easily (no pun intended) been sent home prematurely... While he hasn't ever shown to be the stud WR for this team- he's been a great teammate, blocker, and special teamer!!!

It can't be said enough, about all the talented RB's the front office has brung in, that through them all, Fred Jackson still survives. It's been one after another, highly touted RB's, yet the heart and soul, for so long , has been Freddy. He really is one of the all time great Buffalo Bills!

Edited by mastershake

The down field blocking was perfect on that play.

Yes, Easley's pancake on the safety allowed Fred access to the sideline -as well as Mulligan, Clay & even Goodwin sealing off the LB's on backside. But the gaping hole was compliments of Wood mashing 2 Steelers into Glenn while Incognito pulled to help seal the backside. Fred wasn't touched til he got tripped up at the 5.

A younger Fred scores on that run.

I think I was wrong about Freddy not making the team. I hope he holds up during the season. But I think McCoy and Williams are the two best backs now.

i will agree that either of those backs would have scored on the play. But Fred still showing some chops and until further notice he's the best blocker in pass protection.

Yes, Easley's pancake on the safety allowed Fred access to the sideline -as well as Mulligan, Clay & even Goodwin sealing off the LB's on backside. But the gaping hole was compliments of Wood mashing 2 Steelers into Glenn while Incognito pulled to help seal the backside. Fred wasn't touched til he got tripped up at the 5.

A younger Fred scores on that run.

Hmnn watch-out a younger back scores easily on the hole ?Shady, Bryce, Karlos. Good for Fred . One of his longest runs in years.

Hmnn watch-out a younger back scores easily on the hole ?Shady, Bryce, Karlos. Good for Fred . One of his longest runs in years.

'In years' huh? Do remember last seasons Opener?

Yes, if you can recall anything from Fred's career, you'd know he was faster than he is now. There are viewpoints other than yours that support this -including the Pegula's, who went public early this year in their support. But you'd have to remember that too..

The blocking on that play was superb...but, as always, so was Freddy's vision. I see a lot of people diminishing his effort because of the space he had to run through. Well, Fred is, and always has been a GD expert at FINDING that space on the run. CJ Spiller would have been bottled up for a 2-3 yards on that play.

The reason Fred had an off year last year was solely because he was running behind a soup kitchen for an offensive line.The man has the best vision of almost any back I can think of.Did you see Rex's expression after Fred scored that TD.....you can see him thinking how did I almost doubt this man.

Edited by bacarri and coke

I think I was wrong about Freddy not making the team. I hope he holds up during the season. But I think McCoy and Williams are the two best backs now.

Yes, but not yesterday!

Edit: Williams is yet to be a known. Time will tell. Lets use up that time before we crown him.

Edited by fansince88

'In years' huh? Do remember last seasons Opener?

Yes, if you can recall anything from Fred's career, you'd know he was faster than he is now. There are viewpoints other than yours that support this -including the Pegula's, who went public early this year in their support. But you'd have to remember that too..

TD machine. Had half his season total last night . Other than that run through a gapping hole I still saw the same OLD Fred.Good for him though.

TD machine. Had half his season total last night . Other than that run through a gapping hole I still saw the same OLD Fred.Good for him though.

I knew when he pulled off that big run you were cussing at the TV. That leaping TD must have really pissed you off too. Looks like he's making the team and you'll just have to deal with it. Sucks to be you.

I knew when he pulled off that big run you were cussing at the TV. That leaping TD must have really pissed you off too. Looks like he's making the team and you'll just have to deal with it. Sucks to be you.

:beer:

The blocking on that play was superb...but, as always, so was Freddy's vision. I see a lot of people diminishing his effort because of the space he had to run through. Well, Fred is, and always has been a GD expert at FINDING that space on the run. CJ Spiller would have been bottled up for a 2-3 yards on that play.

I was thinking the same thing BC. Fred had the vision to see the hole to his left, and it's 50/50 or better CJ would have missed it.