One Man's Take On Cops And Brutality

Dante

Michael Brown comes to mind. Stole some cigarillos, pushed the clerk out of the way, and walked down the middle of the street. It could be a height and weight thing, to police, more than it's a race thing. I doubt that a big-ass skinhead gets favorable treatment if he behaves in the exact same manner as Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. I like this video. I don't know if I like the dude making it. He's not Nelson Mandela, but neither is Michael Brown.

psych 101 question:

Do see yourself as a prisoner or a guard?

or (updated version)

When you see a car going 85mph on the highway, do you match their speed, or cut them off?

I stay right where I am and let him pass me on the right.

The good old - "Why don't people getting arrested have manners?" chestnut....

The reason they are getting arrested is because they have - done something that society doesn't approve of - or apparently are driving a car while being black.

The assumption and worse- expectation - that those being arrested are going to be well behaved is completely off base - and what I would say leads to police being unprepared for that eventuality - leading to a poor result.

But - hey - this guy is very self assured - has walked a mile in others shoes - and therefore can bowl down complex issues to simple facts.

He should try telling us what is country and what is not.

The good old - "Why don't people getting arrested have manners?" chestnut....

The reason they are getting arrested is because they have - done something that society doesn't approve of - or apparently are driving a car while being black.

The assumption and worse- expectation - that those being arrested are going to be well behaved is completely off base - and what I would say leads to police being unprepared for that eventuality - leading to a poor result.

But - hey - this guy is very self assured - has walked a mile in others shoes - and therefore can bowl down complex issues to simple facts.

He should try telling us what is country and what is not.

So then in your mind, cops should expect asshattery and just go straight for the billy club. Got it.