Is preseason best for kids first game?

judman

I was going to take my son to the Ralph this fall for his first game. I'm thinking that the preseason game with PIT might be the better option. The boy is 12.

Tix from Bills homepage are like $45. I thought that was steep. But I wouldn't know, the only preseaon game I've been to was part of a season tix package I used to have.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Pitt game is the "kids day" game and it has always been a great game to bring kids to. The Bills do nice things for the kids that day, fireworks after the game, and the drunks tend to respect that it is kids day and either stay home or keep themselves under control.

They are expensive for a preseason game because it is the Steelers and the Steeler fans will overpay. I think 2 years ago kids day was the steelers as well and tickets were the most I ever paid for that reason. Get tickets off of stubhub or wherever, not from the Bills directly.

Enjoy!

Edited by CodeMonkey

$20 on stub hub.

the kids game would be great for a first game (not as loud and MUCH more kid friendly).

usually $1 hot dogs, fireworks display after game, kid activities in field house, etc....

I'll be sure to check that. Thanks!

$20 on stub hub.

the kids game would be great for a first game (not as loud and MUCH more kid friendly).

usually $1 hot dogs, fireworks display after game, kid activities in field house, etc....

I agree with all of this! pre season is a good first game.

Does he really like the game? Is he anxious to watch a live game on TV? If he is, go for the real game. I know it's expensive but it could turn out to be one of those special memories for him. If you're really not sure, then give pre-season a try. A 12 year old boy can be a hard read sometimes.