Common Sense Optimism Re: Cassell

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if there is already a secret #1 guy that rex isn't telling anyone about yet, I think it Taylor. Rex raves about him and he personally wanted them to get him because he has said he tried to get him before.

Rex likes Tyrod and wanted him before etc. But it's not necessarily to be the starting QB IMHO. Every Rex team has 2 things, 1. A great Defense and 2. a slash QB. Tyrod was acquired to carry on the tradition of Brad Smith, Tim Tebow, and Michael Vick.

If he wins the starting job, cool. But he's got the slash spot locked up.

What I hope and what I think are two very different things.

What I hope is that EJ takes a huge step forward, wins the job, and plays at least as well as the average starting NFL QB.

What I think is that Cassel probably wins the job, and doesn't stink it up entirely but is clearly less-than-average for a starter. We go to the playoffs nonetheless due to our strength at other positions.

But there will be disappointments in our QB play this year. It's been a few years since Cassel played well and his overall career performance screams backup.

Poor Rex. Entering his 7th season as a HC and has never had the joy of working with a upper tier QB.