Dinosaur BBQ now official BBQ of the Bills!

To me , ain't a pulled pig sammie UNLESS there is slaw on top. LOL

Then you would like the one at Good Smoke :)

I have not been to Good smoke yet. what do you recommend? I really should give them a try. and people going to camp should be aware its about two minutes away from Fisher. so small though it must be take out mostly?

I haven't had anything bad there yet. We generally get a few pulled pork sammiches and a rack or two of their ribs. It is small, but they have 4 or 6 tables in there to eat at if you like.

I prefer Dino, but to each their own

Yup, generally a matter of how you like it. But to me, McDonalds is to a hamburger what Dino is to BBQ.

Been by there before---I thought it was abandoned!

Like I said, dive :) But they have a few tables and good food. More tables to eat there than Good Smoke has actually.

Edited by CodeMonkey

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But there are way better places I could recommend before Duffs.

I'm trying to figure out what home game to hit this year and I'm wide open to suggestions around Williamsville or downtown.

I am 52 and went to anchor first time about 10 years ago, and only went as the gents from out of town coming to Bills game insisted on going. Must say I enjoyed the place way more than I thought I woud, and we return every Pats game.

I also enjoyed the Anchor Bar thoroughly and was surpised to find the beef on weck was at least as good as the wings. We had a great time and I'd do it again if nearby. I like to stay in Williamsville which was home for me, so it's a bit of a trek. Something closer would be nice. I never took the kids to Duffs because, I guess in my ming at least, it was the home of pitchers of beer more than wings. That tells you a bit about my childhood. :)

Then you would like the one at Good Smoke :)

I haven't had anything bad there yet. We generally get a few pulled pork sammiches and a rack or two of their ribs. It is small, but they have 4 or 6 tables in there to eat at if you like.

Yup, generally a matter of how you like it. But to me, McDonalds is to a hamburger what Dino is to BBQ.

Like I said, dive :) But they have a few tables and good food. More tables to eat there than Good Smoke has actually.

Just went to Good Smoke> you know you have something when you have to wait fifteen minutes for a pulled pork sandwich. Tonight we went there before a show.

wow. this is the real deal. from the corn bread to the cheesy tater tots>

i had the pulled pork sandwich. WITH red/green cabbaged cole slaw.

These people know their craft. we did not add any after sauces to our meals.

Damn that place is good. call ahead though. seem most orders are take out.

going back for sure and the family said more than once how good it was. not to criticise the Dino.

But those going to Fisher should make a point to find this little joint !

Thanks for the suggestion!!

Just went to Good Smoke> you know you have something when you have to wait fifteen minutes for a pulled pork sandwich. Tonight we went there before a show.

wow. this is the real deal. from the corn bread to the cheesy tater tots>

i had the pulled pork sandwich. WITH red/green cabbaged cole slaw.

These people know their craft. we did not add any after sauces to our meals.

Damn that place is good. call ahead though. seem most orders are take out.

going back for sure and the family said more than once how good it was. not to criticise the Dino.

But those going to Fisher should make a point to find this little joint !

Thanks for the suggestion!!

You are very welcome! And try the ribs sometime. But call ahead or get there early, when they are gone they are gone until the next day! :)

I think anchor bar as legend has it did start wings. IMO anchor bar, duffs, and La Nova are for touristos now. We were in town in July and finally got to Bar- Bill in East Aurora IMO there wings are great ,really good! and their beef on weck even better. many of the old bars in Buffalo beat the tourist havens easily in the wing dept.

i think your basic wing recipe is darn close too anchor bar minus maybe the wings are rolled in flour or something. Bar-Bill opens very early and on game weekends it is probably useless to even attempt getting in unless you have time past 11AM. Anyday for that matter.

Agree 110%.

I've actually started grilling wings at home. Don't like the mess and smell of deep frying, and if you're patient and let the wings sit on the grill long enough you can get great char/crispness so they hold up to the sauce.

You are very welcome! And try the ribs sometime. But call ahead or get there early, when they are gone they are gone until the next day! :)

:thumbsup:

Agree 110%.

I've actually started grilling wings at home. Don't like the mess and smell of deep frying, and if you're patient and let the wings sit on the grill long enough you can get great char/crispness so they hold up to the sauce.

I have gotten away from deep frying also.

Grilling can be pretty flexible i am learning. just controlling the heat is the trick i think.

and yes they will fall off the bone.

geez im hungry again

If you are expecting the best bbq you have ever had; forget it. If you are expecting the best bbq you ever had at a football stadium? Maybe.

What you get at the Ralph will probably be similar to what you get at the New York State Great Fair (or the catering business.) The best bbq you ever had? No. Pretty decent bbq for a big event. You bet'ya.