Souts Inc FA Grades

plenzmd1

Scouts inc on ESPN has phat Pat ranked as the 12th highest rated FA avaialble, with JJ # 20.

In terms of Offensive tackles, they have JJ # 3 behind Pace and Jones, but with a significant drop off in their grade . Pace they have rated a 95, Pace Jones a 92 and JJ a 76.

Phat pat is ranked 2nd in Defensive Tackle, behind only Corey Simon. Grades very similiar.

When they rank these guys do they just put them in order...or do they give a description of that player pointing out strengths and weaknesses?

( Im in the process of trying to decide if I want to get ESPN Insider)

234989[/snapback]

They give you a description. Here's PW:

Williams shows outstanding lower body strength and he is capable of splitting double teams. He has the upper body strength, he uses his hands well and blockers have a difficult time locking onto his frame. Williams possesses great recognition skills, he rarely takes false steps and he generally locates the ball carrier quickly. Williams plays under control in space and he is capable of making plays in the open field. He takes good angles to the ball, he plays with a good motor and he has the range to make plays in pursuit. Williams had problems keeping his weight down earlier in his career, he appears sluggish when he's too heavy and staying in good playing condition will always be critical to his success. He lacks ideal endurance and needs to be spelled at times. Williams turns 33 this year and he is on the downside of his career.

( Im in the process of trying to decide if I want to get ESPN Insider)

234989[/snapback]

It pisses me off that espn packages the "insider" subscription with a subscription to espn the magazine. That magazine is the biggest piece of crap out there. Last year I was able to get a 3 month trial for "insider" access. Looks like they cut it back to 3 days this year. <_<