Anesthesiologist Sued For Talking ****

Rob's House

I think it is different in the medical field, especially for surgery. I can see people thinking that they are entrusting their lives to their surgeons; it's scary to think that they may have someone who isn't on their side operating on them.

If this were some waitress talking crap about her so-called "favorite customer," I don't think the jury awards anything. That these were docs doing this during an operation where the patient is under is what makes this scary.

It's a considerable leap to think someone will let you die becaus they think you're stupid or fat.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a considerable leap to think someone will let you die becaus they think you're stupid or fat.

This. At the very least, the threat of a malpractice suit is enough to ensure that a doctor performs each case to the best of his/her ability, regardless of his/her feelings towards the patient.

And I can't help but feel that the patient planned to have the cell phone on him when he went into the endoscopy suite and thus purposely acted like an ass to get those reactions.

I think it is different in the medical field, especially for surgery. I can see people thinking that they are entrusting their lives to their surgeons; it's scary to think that they may have someone who isn't on their side operating on them.

If this were some waitress talking crap about her so-called "favorite customer," I don't think the jury awards anything. That these were docs doing this during an operation where the patient is under is what makes this scary.

And the waitress has a new 2.13 /hr job by dinner shift if they screw up lunch. The doctor has all the incentive in the world to be on your team. Edited by NoSaint

Unless she was stripped of her medical license, I don't think she's been punished too severely. This wasn't just someone walking down the street, this woman was responsible for his life at the time. I think we should expect some minimal standards of conduct and professionalism from doctors/medical professionals. It is well documented that careful adherence to procedure greatly reduces risk during medical procedures. She certainly wasn't giving her full attention to her job if she was busy thinking up clever insults and writing false information on his chart.

I don't know if it merits compensation to him but it certainly merits punishment to her. Much like idiots who ruin their own lives on social media, she did it to herself for no valid reason other than her own arrogance. So, !@#$ her and anyone else who would do the same.

If nothing else the situation merits punishment simply because she was stupid and unprofessional.