Jim Kelly and JP Losman

TSNBDSC

... if Jim Kelly were to say that JP Losman "doesn't have it in him" to be even a good Quaterback, how would that effect you ? ... would it change your mind regarding JP ? ...

234571[/snapback]

I'm guess you're about to drop a "bombshell" quote on us?

And I love Jimbo (in a non-gay football fan way), but even if he did say it, he's a great QB, not a scout. I'll wait and see.

JP would probably say, "This is from a man that lost four staight Superbowls, so I don't take all that much stock in his comments."  ;)

234612[/snapback]

LOL, i think that statment would almost demand JP being traded to the cardinals.

On one hand, yes - it's Jim Kelly - and he's seen a few QBs up close and should have some sense of a QBs potential.

On the other hand, it's the bread and butter of the pro personnel staff to determine if a player has what it takes. They're the ones that test him, interview him, give him the full looksee at the combine, and have reviewed hours of game tape. JPL must've had a good scouting report. They made the decision in concert with the coaches and Donahoe to get into the 1st round to get this guy.

Bottom line:

If I had to take Kelly's word or the Bills' staff on a player, I'd have to go with the staff. If ex-players where THAT incredibly astute at picking players, they'd be getting offered big bucks to help select draft choices and FAs.

That said - an unproven player/draft choice is still a crapshoot. How they'll pick up on NFL speed, terminology, and overall maturity is an inexact science.

Whatever Kelly has to say would obviously have more merit than the average joe, but still...take it with a grain of salt.

LOL, i think that statment would almost demand JP being traded to the cardinals.

234622[/snapback]

Why????

I would think that it would show he wouldn't back down to anybody. Even a HOF Bills QB like Kelly. If Kelly did say those things than I would WANT Losman to attack Kelly's record. It's only fair if he were to disparage this kid before he even plays.

What is the relevance of this post??? Did JK actually make these comments or was that a purely hypothetical situation???? If you want to make this kind of post a topic of discussion please clarify whether this was fact or just something you were making up. If this is an actual quote please give a link to your source.

What is the relevance of this post??? Did JK actually make these comments or was that a purely hypothetical situation???? If you want to make this kind of post a topic of discussion please clarify whether this was fact or just something you were making up. If this is an actual quote please give a link to your

word

... if Jim Kelly were to say that JP Losman "doesn't have it in him" to be even a good Quaterback, how would that effect you ? ... would it change your mind regarding JP ? ...

234571[/snapback]

Are you kidding me?

What is your next hypothetical going to be, "If we get 2 number 1 picks for Travis Henry, do you think we made a mistake trading him instead of Willis?"

-or-

"If tsnbd posts another thread like this would you start using your ignore feature?"

Are you kidding me?

What is your next hypothetical going to be, "If we get 2 number 1 picks for Travis Henry, do you think we made a mistake trading him instead of Willis?"

-or-

"If tsnbd posts another thread like this would you start using your ignore feature?"

234958[/snapback]

... why the venom ? ...

... why the venom ? ...

235043[/snapback]

First of all just the assumption that I might change my opinion about someone by one person’s comments; insults me.

I think you confused venom with my sense of sarcasm. I never mean ill will toward a fellow Waller. To be fair I did preface my comments with, "Are you kidding me?" I was hoping you were. I don't know how someone can even come up with a scenario like that?

That being said, I do respect your opinion, just don't be surprised if someone calls it a foolish opinion.

First of all just the assumption that I might change my opinion about someone by one person’s comments; insults me.

I think you confused venom with my sense of sarcasm. I never mean ill will toward a fellow Waller. To be fair I did preface my comments with, "Are you kidding me?" I was hoping you were. I don't know how someone can even come up with a scenario like that?

That being said, I do respect your opinion, just don't be surprised if someone calls it a foolish opinion.

235080[/snapback]

... my apologies ... tough day today ... i appreciate the time you took to explain ... tom

So what was the deal with the thread, tom?  Did you hear Kelly say that, or was it a hypothetical?

235125[/snapback]

... something i heard from a reliable source ( deep throat ! ) from JK ... i was taken aback by it and wanted to hear some opinions on it ... true JK is not an nfl scout, but his word does carry some weight ... i should have been more clearer in my post ...

... something i heard from a reliable source ( deep throat ! ) from JK ... i was taken aback by it and wanted to hear some opinions on it ... true JK is not an nfl scout, but his word does carry some weight ... i should have been more clearer in my post ...

235139[/snapback]

Well then I'm not being sarcastic when I say, "OK you know more than me." <_<

To this point Kelly seems to lean toward thinking JP should start. Obviously, he is not going to suddenly change his mind and state that Losman does not have it in him to be even a good QB without seeing him play next season. If JP's play is such that it would inspire Kelly to change his mind about Losman, I imagine that JP supporters would already have changed theirs. Fans seem to be more fickle than those who've been inside the business.