What five teams do you think took a step backwards?

frogger

I'll give a twist since we are starting to get the usual and obvious options pretty well covered: are there any teams that are hot picks to take the next step that you think crumble (see bears, 2014 or maybe Atlanta after that year they won like 8 games in last second plays)-- kind of the most overrated squad instead of the obvious falls.

SF obviously lost a ton- but throwing some names out like Dallas, our own team, maybe Carolina with their franchise qb, does Indy stumble after beating up a soft schedule.... Arizona? Any playoff contenders you see picking in the top ten?

Arizona is a possibility, Carolina only won 7 games last year so if they dropped to 6 they are picking in the top 10. That is possible but I think that they are about 8-8 or 9-7. Dallas takes a step back for sure. Maybe they don't crumble but that defense played 7,000,000 miles over their head last year. That couple with the loss of Murray moves them closer to .500 than the Super Bowl. Indy could only fall off a cliff if Luck gets hurt.

A couple more to consider in that realm: Baltimore, Detroit and Minnesota. I am never sure why Baltimore is as good as they are when I look at their roster. Detroit was good last year but they feel like a team that could regress. They could look like Atlanta to me where they have a pretty good QB (Ryan is way better than Stafford), 2 really good WR (including 1 superstar) and a bunch of question marks. The Vikings seem to be "the Bills of the NFC". They seem to be the team that a lot of people think will take the next step. I just don't see it. I do not like their weapons (even though I like Bridgewater and Peterson).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I am never sure why Baltimore is as good as they are when I look at their roster.

The best GM and the second best Head Coach in the league. Quite genuinely if you offered me the choice of any coach from another NFL team to be head coach of the Bills I'd take Harbaugh... and not the fella who is now coaching in college.

The best GM and the second best Head Coach in the league. Quite genuinely if you offered me the choice of any coach from another NFL team to be head coach of the Bills I'd take Harbaugh... and not the fella who is now coaching in college.

Yep, he is a GREAT coach. They run a really good operation because when you look at that team on paper it isn't that impressive.