Whitey has surprsed us the last two years

stevestojan

Now, we all say we need O-line, a TE wouldn't be bad, and we could settle for a pick of Nugent.

That being said, Donahoe will therefore not pick and OL, TE, or kicker.

I mean, who wasn't floored with Willis, and then the trade to get JP after using the first of Evans.

So, what would shock you the most (see: piss you off), what would be a pleasant surprise, or do you think TD is going to stay right where we are and play is safe?

He'll take the best player available, like he always does.

234436[/snapback]

ahhh... another TD fan...

I think when all is said and done, he will be looked at as one of the best GMs ever. That's right - I said it. He has never gone with the popular choice, but things are starting to fall in place.

Who has had better choices for 1st picks in the last 2 years? Evans and McGahee... oh man, i can't wait for next year.

I think when all is said and done, he will be looked at as one of the best GMs ever. That's right - I said it. He has never gone with the popular choice, but things are starting to fall in place.

234437[/snapback]

You're writing checks that TD isn't going to be cashing, Steve.

Off the top of my head, TD isn't and won't be even one of the best in his own era. He'd have to do cartwheels in the years he has left and it would require his picks winning multiple Super Bowl MVP awards. It sure would be nice tho....

Polian, Ron Wolf, Bill Walsh, Scott Pioli <puke, but it's the truth>

It's difficult to say what TD will do come draft day since we first have to deal with free agency. Once free agency is in full swing we should have an idea of what we will do in the draft, maybe.

Of course with us picking in the 2nd round, it is hard to guess who we will take.

And let's not foget about Henry. What if we do trade him and get another 2nd rounder? Will TD want to trade 2 2nd round picks and move up into the 1st round?

It's going to be a fun offseason.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

I think TD has done a solid job. I'm sure he'll bolster the OL through FA and the draft this year, after that it will be about value players and depth.

TD has taken some gambles, but overall were a team heading in the right direction. It now comes down to the QB position IMO. DB never returned to form, and we don't know enough about JP besides the fact he doesn't know how to slide or run out of bounds.

You're writing checks that TD isn't going to be cashing, Steve.

Off the top of my head, TD isn't and won't be even one of the best in his own era. He'd have to do cartwheels in the years he has left and it would require his picks winning multiple Super Bowl MVP awards. It sure would be nice tho....

Polian, Ron Wolf, Bill Walsh, Scott Pioli <puke, but it's the truth>

234457[/snapback]

Wow, you managed to stay away a whole 2 weeks. Welcome back.

Now, we all say we need O-line, a TE wouldn't be bad, and we could settle for a pick of Nugent.

That being said, Donahoe will therefore not pick and OL, TE, or kicker.

I mean, who wasn't floored with Willis, and then the trade to get JP after using the first of Evans.

So, what would shock you the most (see: piss you off), what would be a pleasant surprise, or do you think TD is going to stay right where we are and play is safe?

234432[/snapback]

I guess if you follow TD logic then the Bills will either draft a running back, linebacker or a wide receiver with their first pick, which comes in the second round. ...... Not sure how you can sing the praises of TD just yet --- he's only had one winning season, JP remains a question mark and they have no trips to the playoffs under him. Granted the Bills were going to stink for a year or two while he cleaned up the cap mess, but TD also has the Gregg Williams hiring on his resume --- hiring the wrong coach the first time set them back at least a year.

ahhh... another TD fan...

Who has had better choices for 1st picks in the last 2 years? Evans and McGahee... oh man, i can't wait for next year.

234437[/snapback]

4 straight years out of the playoffs.......he has a LONG way to go.......