Why would you NOT want Flutie back?

Frez

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like RJ or Flutie because they both suck and had the wrong attitudes. One was a selfish ego-maniac, the other was a weak-minded sissy.

However, I will say the decision to start RJ over Flutie in the Tennessee game was a GOOD move. By that point in the season, defenses had Flutie figured out. As good as Tennesse was on defense, we would have had NO CHANCE in winning on the Titans' home field with Flutie under center. As it was, RJ got the job done and we should have won that game. Let's not forget that. RJ helped us get in position to win that game. If it wasn't for that BS kickoff return, we probably go to the Super Bowl. It wasn't RJ's fault that the kickoff team didn't stay in their lanes, and it wasn't RJ's fault that the officiating crew consisted of a bunch of cowards afraid to reverse the call.

We will never know...but if Flutie starts...no need for the last kickoff....maybe we win big...maybe we lose lose big...I feel the win big.

Dude..Chill out...Ok what has Rj ever done for this team? Not a goddamn thing. I bet you Wade Phillips loses sleep every night starting RJ over Flutie vs Tennessee.  I know Rob played a great game but Flutie had started most of the year and done well....1 meaningless start against Indy (which I was at) and he picks RJ.  I hypothyzize if Flutie started...we woulda went to the Super Bowl. FLAME AWAY

17994[/snapback]

Are you really this stupid?! :wacko:

When RJ left the field that day for the final time, what was the score?

Did RJ play on teams and did he magically put on jersey #22 and leave his lane?

Grow up! If you want to argue, use facts, not your flightful fantasies!!! :lol:

Rob did his job and gave the team the victory, only you midget homers just can't swallow that fact!

P.S., that defense would've taken us to the Super Bowl and not his arm or his elusiveness in the pocket!

I don't want him back because having to listen to his fanatical following explain how he cures lepers and walks on water makes following the season an outright chore. That has nothing to do with what he does and does not bring to the team...it's simply why I don't want him back, as per the question asked.

-----------------------------------

Tom, I was adding to the conversation not trying to end it like you are by trying to be right.

That's all....nothing else.

17789[/snapback]

I'm not at all trying to be right. I'm just saying "This is my opinion, as I was asked for." There's no right or wrong about it...it's a subjective opinion.

Now, if you want to talk about it strictly in football terms, ignoring the "what I want" portion of the question...he could probably do some good for the team. He's got a peculiar set of skills that would probably make him effective in this offense given the current state of the line. He's also 41, with all the risks that entails. Were they to sign him to a 1-year, vet minimum contract as a backup, it would probably be a smart move.

But I wouldn't !@#$ing like it one bit.

How about: because his cult of personality detracts from my enjoyment of the season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps a lot of you don't realize that Flutie put a wind in to a lot of Bills fans sails. He was a very, very good poster boy. He had character and a lot of people felt they could relate to him.

Was he a great QB??? No. Was he an average QB on a team with a decent D? Yes. Was he a leader? Yes.....hmmmmmm....isn't that the same recipe the Pats used to win the SB in two of the last three years?

17756[/snapback]

# of playoff victories we were led to under Flutie: 0

He had his chance. He's a douchebag. If this team were run according to the fans' whims we would be in a deeper stevestojan hole than the Chargers.

You can't compare this situation to that of the Pats'. They are shrewdly managed, their QB has better size and youth on his side, and they have a more solid O-line.

Guest Guest_Guffawing Crow_*

And the #1 reason why you wouldn't want Flutie back is because of ME!

MWAH HA HA HA HA HA!!!

And if anyone wants to yammer about the 1999 season, bring it on, bay-bee.

Honestly... if defenses figured Flutie out, why is it that he had a QB Rating of 86 in the second half of the 1999 season?

Factoid that you may not know... the Bills went 10-1 that year when Flutie started and the defense held the opposition to less than 320 yards.

Against the Titans, our defense held them to under 200 yards AND WE STILL LOST! RJ... passed for less than 100 net yards, six sacks, 2 fumbles, 1 safety...

NICE CALL RALPH WILSON!

Flutie would have won that game. And Guff has cursed the Buffalo franchise for 77 years.

And THAT is why you don't want Flutie back.

Heck, I wouldn't want to be back either listening to guys like Peter saying how Buffalo would look "provinicial" if they cut Rob Johnson after 2002.

And Rob is doing what? Exactly.

Cheers everyone!

And the #1 reason why you wouldn't want Flutie back is because of ME!

MWAH HA HA HA HA HA!!!

And if anyone wants to yammer about the 1999 season, bring it on, bay-bee.

Honestly... if defenses figured Flutie out, why is it that he had a QB Rating of 86 in the second half of the 1999 season?

Factoid that you may not know... the Bills went 10-1 that year when Flutie started and the defense held the opposition to less than 320 yards.

Against the Titans, our defense held them to under 200 yards AND WE STILL LOST!  RJ... passed for less than 100 net yards, six sacks, 2 fumbles, 1 safety...

NICE CALL RALPH WILSON!

Flutie would have won that game.  And Guff has cursed the Buffalo franchise for 77 years.

And THAT is why you don't want Flutie back.

Heck, I wouldn't want to be back either listening to guys like Peter saying how Buffalo would look "provinicial" if they cut Rob Johnson after 2002.

And Rob is doing what?  Exactly.

Cheers everyone!

18639[/snapback]

***SPLAT***

18639[/snapback]

Wow, I never knew the skin Flutie played defense. That is the most assinine statement I have heard.

Another little snippet, your hero Flutie has ZERO playoff wins YOU MORON!!! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Wow, I never knew the skin Flutie played defense.  That is the most assinine statement I have heard. 

Another little snippet, your hero Flutie has ZERO playoff wins YOU MORON!!!  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: 

18675[/snapback]

Maybe you should worry about a QB who can at least guide this sorry franchise to the playoffs.