Potential monday night football game

Looking at our opponents next year, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills vs. Falcons was on MNF from the Ralph...Vick against the top ranked Bills D

http://www.wgr550.com/bills/schedule.php

233762[/snapback]

Unfortunately, if we're going to be on a MNF game, it will likely be a divisional game with some meat to it. You know...like Bills vs. Patriots.

Hey, think of it this way,

wasn't it the monday night game against the raiders that put the bills on everyone's radar during the first super bowl season? All it takes is one game to give everyone hope. I'm lookin for the first thursday game bills vs. pats, in foxboro. JP leads a COMEBACK victory. Losman to evans in the corner of the endzone, AND HE IS IN FOR THE TOUCHDOWN! DO YOU BELIEVE IT MURPH? UNBELIEVABLE. UNBELIEVABLE! JP LOSMAN HAS SILENCED THE CROWD! UNBILLIEVABLE!

I do not understand the fascination with being on MNF, unless you are on the West Coast...then I can understand it for time reasons.

233778[/snapback]

Actually, I really, really like watching the Bills play at 10 a.m. for a couple of reasons. First, watching the Bills play and drinking is a bad combo for me. Beer flows like water and adrenaline, which always runs high during any Bills game, is like a booze amplifier. I'm much less apt to drink during the game when it starts at 10 a.m. (though I've done it, and it does not make for a pretty day).

Second, I've learned to HATE waiting for the game to start if it wasn't on early. If I could, I would stay asleep until kickoff.

Finally, having the game over by 1 p.m. lets me get other things done that day while the late games are on in the background.

Actually, I really, really like watching the Bills play at 10 a.m. for a couple of reasons. First, watching the Bills play and drinking is a bad combo for me. Beer flows like water and adrenaline, which always runs high during any Bills game, is like a booze amplifier. I'm much less apt to drink during the game when it starts at 10 a.m. (though I've done it, and it does not make for a pretty day).

Second, I've learned to HATE waiting for the game to start if it wasn't on early. If I could, I would stay asleep until kickoff.

Finally, having the game over by 1 p.m. lets me get other things done that day while the late games are on in the background.

233818[/snapback]

Why is it that no matter how I feel, no matter what time it starts, when watching football, I can drink beer like water? I went out with some friends Saturday, and was dragging ass all day Sunday, but I got to the Pub, and sat down to watch the SB. Placed some bets. I was there for 6 hours total, and when my tab came, I had 19 beers on it. Now, That's only a tiny bith more than 3 an hour, but jesus, I thought I had like 8 or 9, ... tops.

Man, I love football.

233818[/snapback]

Interesting...my wife wants to move to SoCal too..something we may do in the next couple of years...and you give good reasons that the game is at 10 am...and believe me, one of my thoughts about moving to SoCal is "will I enjoy watching the Bills games at 10am"...Yep, my priorities are in order!! <_<<_<

Couldnt agree more.  I do not understand the fascination with being on MNF, unless you are on the West Coast...then I can understand it for time reasons.

233778[/snapback]

Yeah, but even on the left coast they would have to listen to Madden through the whole game.

Interesting...my wife wants to move to SoCal too..something we may do in the next couple of years...and you give good reasons that the game is at 10 am...and believe me, one of my thoughts about moving to SoCal is "will I enjoy watching the Bills games at 10am"...Yep, my priorities are in order!!  :lol:  :lol:

233832[/snapback]

That's a great idea. In fact, in two years, they'll be known as The Los Angeles Bills of Buffalo, so you'll get to see them live anyway!

No way they put the Bills and Pats on a MNF game, the only possibility is if it's in Buffalo, but even then...there's nothing to suggest we can put up a good fight against them yet, and ABC isn't going to want another game like last year's Sunday nighter.

I do think the Bills and Jets makes a good matchup, though. We split the series last year, and almost pulled it out on the road. If we have a MNF game next year, my guess is this one.

Oh great - so we can look bad again on a nationally televised game. I wish we could just stick to 1pm.  Seems to be our best game time.

233770[/snapback]

I've said this before, and I'll say it again....NO nationally televised game for the Bills, unless that game is being played at the Ralph. It has been a long time and the NFL schedule makers know it. Give us a home game on national TV!!! By the way, when exactly was the last Monday night game in Buffalo?