Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BobGlauber

19. Bills: Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama. Rex Ryan loves sure tacklers, and Ragland is as good as they get. We don’t dismiss Paxton Lynch as a possibility, but if it’s defense, then Ragland is a fine choice.

@JonahJavad

My final Bills Mock Draft. Let's check it out. #BillsMafia http://www.wgrz.com/sports/bills-mock-draft-70/156088286

With the 19th Pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Robert Nkemdiche - Defensive Lineman - Ole Miss

With the 49th Pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Keanu Neal - Safety - Florida

With the 80th Pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Kevin Hogan - Quarterback - Stanford

With the 117th Pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Keyarris Garrett - Wide Receiver - Tulsa

With the 139th Pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Scooby Wright - Linebacker - Arizona

With the 156th Pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Connor McGovern - Offensive Lineman - Missouri

With the 192nd Pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Maurice Canady - Cornerback - Virginia

With the 218th Pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

David Morgan - Tight End - UTSA

Pete Prisco

This isn't mock draft predicting who each team will pick on Thursday night. No, these are the players each of the 31 teams should pick. While many of the picks are the same, there are some differences, like the Denver Broncos taking Penn State quarterback Christian Hackenberg.

BUF.png19. Buffalo Bills

Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson: I don't love Lawson's game like a lot of guys do, but the Bills have a major need at end and he has talent. They have to amp up their pass rush, and he has the tools to do that. It just might take some time.

2016 NFL Draft: Final Top 300 Big Board

By: Jon Ledyard

Couple notes on my final big board of the 2016 NFL draft season . . .

*TE Tyler Higbee has been removed from my board thanks to an ongoing legal incident. He was my No. 1 tight end with a second round grade. EDGE Shawn Oakman is off my board as well, but that occurred before he was ever arrested for sexual assault.

**Missouri Western CB Mike Jordan was accidentally left off this list. He should be at No. 165.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Greg Cosell: "There's a major learning curve" (11:51)

Greg Cosell, Executive Producer for NFL Matchup and Sr. Producer at NFL Films joined The John Murphy Show to discuss the top QB, linebacker, and defensive linemen prospects in this year's draft and his take on why a majority of first round picks aren't 16-game starters in their rookie year.

In his annual Mock Draft, Mayock selects Robert Nkemdiche for the Bills at #19.

@NFL_CFB

#Mayockmock 1. #Rams: Goff 4. #Cowboys: Elliott 14. #Raiders: Jack FULL: http://on.nfl.com/26vDQYL

ChFqbQFWwAArITM.jpg
@nflnetwork

Rex Ryan gets a new addition to the Buffalo defensive front. Robert Nkemdiche. 19th overall. Bills.

ChFw4liUUAAX51y.jpg
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'm trying to talk myself into Jarran Reed at 19, but it just isn't happening.

When I watch him, I don't see a versatile player; I see a pure run-stuffer. Sure, he can line up anywhere along the line, but he's a 2-gap player, a space-eater. He's darn good at that, but I don't believe that's the best use of the 19th overall pick...not when there are guys available that can play that role and more along the DL. For example, I've beaten the drum for Chris Jones pretty heavily, and I think he's close to the same level of run defender as Reed, and can also line up anywhere. The difference is that he can play in a 1-gap scheme as well, and can collapse the pocket on passing plays. I don't see much of Reed doing that.

If I want a guy that can eat space and 2-gap, I can get him later. Kenny Clark can eat space and give you more versatility, and he's probably a round 2 pick. Ditto for Austin Johnson, who's a day 2 pick.

DJ Reader and Vincent Valentine are day 3 picks, and both are classic 0-tech players--less flexibility to move them around, but equally good at eating up blockers.

I'm not going to get too worked up until he's announced as the pick, but I'm not enthused about him at 19.

versatility would be the key at 19. not supreme ability as the nose.

The other thing that bothers me is that the Reed pick at 19 would be very out of character for a Rex-coached team. If you look at the high picks the Jets spent on DLmen when Rex was there, they weren't spent on 2-gap, run-stuffing types; they were spent on thick-bodied, long-limbed guys that were disruptive against the run and the pass, scheme-diverse, and able to play in a 1-gap or 2-gap, even or odd front. That's not Reed. That description matches guys like Jones, Vernon Butler, Robert Nkemdiche, and the 2 Clemson kids.

Jones is the match

By Jared Dubin | CBS Sports Staff Writer

The Dolphins have been heavily rumored to be interested in trading up for Elliott, and we know the Browns are willing to move down for more picks. Cleveland, in fact, trades down twice.

BUF.png19. Buffalo Bills

Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Mississippi: Nkemdiche is a destroyer on the defensive line. Buffalo needs another one of those with Mario Williams having left town. Put him next to Marcel Dareus and let him go to work.

By Frank Cooney | NFLDraftScout.com

The NFL Draft has come a long way in 50 years, from a 17-round, one-day marathon conducted over the phone, to a three-day made-for-TV extravaganza. The debate over the No. 1 QB? Now, that's an ageless topic.

@JoshNorris

ChEr3GDW0AABuy9.jpg

@NFL_CFB

.@MikeMayock's positional top-5 rankings 5.0 Movement at QB, RB, WR and more --> http://on.nfl.com/26u9J3R

ChDnQwLWwAABh2Y.jpg
Offensive tackle

1. Laremy Tunsil, Ole Miss
2. Ronnie Stanley, Notre Dame
3. Jack Conklin, Michigan State
4. Taylor Decker, Ohio State
5. Germain Ifedi, Texas A&M

Fall: Jason Spriggs, Indiana (T-5)

Interior defensive line

1. DeForest Buckner, Oregon
2. Sheldon Rankins, Louisville
3. A'Shawn Robinson, Alabama
4. Robert Nkemdiche, Ole Miss
5. Jarran Reed, Alabama

Rise: Robinson (4), Nkemdiche (NR)
Fall: Reed (3), Andrew Billings, Baylor (5)

Edge rusher

1. Joey Bosa, Ohio State
2. Leonard Floyd, Georgia
3. Shaq Lawson, Clemson
4. Emmanuel Ogbah, Oklahoma State
5. Kevin Dodd, Clemson

Linebacker 1. Myles Jack, UCLA
2. Reggie Ragland, Alabama
3. Darron Lee, Ohio State
4. Su'a Cravens, USC
5. Deion Jones, LSU

Rise: Jack (2), Ragland (4), Cravens (NR)
Fall: Jaylon Smith, Notre Dame (1), Jatavis Brown, Akron (T-5)

Safeties

1. Karl Joseph, West Virginia
2. Vonn Bell, Ohio State
3. Keanu Neal, Florida
4. KeiVarae Russell, Notre Dame
5. Sean Davis, Maryland

Rise: Neal (4), Davis (NR)
Fall: Russell (3), Justin Simmons, Boston College (5)

What we learned from Mayock's final rankings
Is Robert Nkemdiche making a late push up draft boards? See more on that and five other things we learned from Mike Mayock's final positional top-five rankings.

@AroundTheNFL

On the eve of the 2016 NFL Draft, @greggrosenthal breaks down the top storylines heading into Round 1: NFL Draft Primer Round 1

The wait is finally over. While the draft rumors continue to fly, they all have an expiration date in less than 24 hours. And all those rumors will be forgetten when the NFL Draft kicks off Thursday night at 8 pm ET.

This draft has been mocked, ranked, and analyzed to death over the last few months. With hours left to go, here are some of the big picture topics we're focused on heading into Thursday.

Bucky Brooks: Lawson "a no-brainer" if available (14:39)
NFL Media Analyst and former Bills WR Bucky Brooks joined The John Murphy Show from Chicago, the site of the 2016 NFL Draft to share his opinion on the ‘elite’ talent in this year’s draft, where the Bills should go at pick #19, and his draft experience being chosen by Buffalo 22-years ago.

Being the top pick isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Which prospect will have best NFL career?

As this year's draft prospects get set to join their new teams, we asked our panel of experts to weigh in on which player will go on to have the most success at the next level. Have a look at their answers.

@AP_NFL

Raiders will announce draft selections from Mexico City on Saturday

Is Northwestern's Dean Lowry a defensive gem hidden by a deep DE class?

Yes. Yes he is.

Absolutely weird body composition. 6'6", 290 with 31" arms but watch him against Nebraska for a taste of what his best can give you. 6 TFL's in that game alone. He has the potential to be a menace.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/dean-lowry-vs-nebraska-2015/

Least surprising news on the day before the draft. Laremy Tunsil's stepfather is suing him. Tunsil basically kicked **** out of him for beating his mother and the coward is grabbing for his signing bonus.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2016/04/27/former-ole-miss-tackle-laremy-tunsil-being-sued-stepfather/83589304/

:o:blink::wacko::angry:

Yes. Yes he is.

Absolutely weird body composition. 6'6", 290 with 31" arms but watch him against Nebraska for a taste of what his best can give you. 6 TFL's in that game alone. He has the potential to be a menace.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/dean-lowry-vs-nebraska-2015/

Love him as a rotational interior pass rusher. R5/6 is where I had him.

@StepnerWKBW

ICYMI: My chat with @MarkdominikESPN on the #Bills draft weekend. Why #Buffalo is in a "very hot spot" tonight: https://t.co/dgsetfKjSg

@greggabe

Gabriel’s Mock Draft 4.0 for the 2016 NFL Draft https://shar.es/1egdBw

via @footballpost

Buffalo Bills – Kevin Dodd – DE – Clemson – With Mario Williams gone, the Bills have a strong need for an edge rusher. Dodd gives them an excellent replacement.

@mikerodak

LB Darron Lee drops to the Bills at No. 19 in @McShay13's final mock draft: https://t.co/X7GNdjJTOS