Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

Perfect Pairs: Ideal top two draft picks for AFC East clubs

Bills

Jeremiah's perfect draft pair: Mississippi State DT Chris Jones (Round 1, pick 19); Boise State OLB Kamalei Correa (Round 2, pick 49)

Jeremiah's take: Jones just keeps moving up the more you watch him. He can get upfield and be ultra-disruptive. I think you can say of all the defensive tackles in this draft, his ceiling is right there at the top of the class. Correa is one of my favorite players in the draft. He's very disruptive. This defense has to be better under Rex Ryan, as it was very disappointing last season. They would help themselves with these two picks.

I like it a lot!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@PSchrags

Buffalo Bills brass dined w/ 6 different OSU Buckeye prospects Thursday: Cardale Jones, Lee, Apple, Washington, Decker, and Bell. @NFLonFOX

@PSchrags

Bills brass hosted the six Buckeye prospects at Italian restaurant Giancarlo's. Same spot they wined and dined Tyrod Taylor last year.

@JoeBuscaglia

Joe Buscaglia Retweeted Peter Schrager

Which means, all 6 are pre-draft visits. Already knew about Jones, Lee, and Apple. Washington, Decker, Bell are new.

That draft would be nice. Chris Jones, Kamalei, and Robert Blanton would replace Mario, Bradham, and Brooks(not necessarily exact positions). We could start thinking about adding to offense after those two picks. Bills would be improved IMO

@JoeBuscaglia
Joe Buscaglia Retweeted Peter Schrager

Which means, all 6 are pre-draft visits. Already knew about Jones, Lee, and Apple. Washington, Decker, Bell are new.

I remember after drafing Winfield, Clements, etc- someone in front office stated "Ohio State is the Bills farm club" or something to that effect.

That draft would be nice. Chris Jones, Kamalei, and Robert Blanton would replace Mario, Bradham, and Brooks(not necessarily exact positions). We could start thinking about adding to offense after those two picks. Bills would be improved IMO

Jones has all of the tools you'd like to see, but more production and consistency out of his physical gifts would be huge. Could be a better pro than college player with the right coaching.

@MatthewFairburn

Ce-0xMUWsAMNRVS.jpg

With those six pre-draft visits, the Bills' total is now at 13 out of the 30 the league allows. Here's the updated list:

Cardale Jones, QB, Ohio State
Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State (NFL.com)
Taylor Decker, OL, Ohio State
Vernon Butler, DL, Louisiana Tech
Sheldon Rankins, DL, Louisville (Draftinsider.net)
Adolphus Washington, DL, Ohio State
Su'a Cravens, LB, USC (Houston Chronicle)
Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State
Antonio Morrison, LB, Florida (ABC Buffalo)
Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama (NFL.com)
Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State
Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama (Houston Chronicle)
Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State

Jones has all of the tools you'd like to see, but more production and consistency out of his physical gifts would be huge. Could be a better pro than college player with the right coaching.

If motivated, Jones could be top DT in draft. Still - Posted 34 quarterback pressures and 11.5 run stuffs

If motivated, Jones could be top DT in draft. Still - Posted 34 quarterback pressures and 11.5 run stuffs

If there's one thing you can say about Rex, his guys play for him.

I know certain players didn't like the system last year, but there's no questioning the effort (well, except for Mario)

@NFL_CFB

DE solidifies status as potential first-rounder at @BroncoSportsFB pro day (via @Gil_Brandt) http://on.nfl.com/1PLwswd

Ce_aB5pW4AA55gw.jpg

Safety Darian Thompson: Thompson (6-2, 213) was suffering from an illness at the combine and came back to have a good pro day. He ran a 4.6-second 40 (4.69 at the combine) and had 13 lifts. I was told he tracked and caught the ball well in position drills.

@MatthewFairburn

Ce-0xMUWsAMNRVS.jpg

With those six pre-draft visits, the Bills' total is now at 13 out of the 30 the league allows. Here's the updated list:

Cardale Jones, QB, Ohio State

Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State (NFL.com)

Taylor Decker, OL, Ohio State

Vernon Butler, DL, Louisiana Tech

Sheldon Rankins, DL, Louisville (Draftinsider.net)

Adolphus Washington, DL, Ohio State

Su'a Cravens, LB, USC (Houston Chronicle)

Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State

Antonio Morrison, LB, Florida (ABC Buffalo)

Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama (NFL.com)

Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State

Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama (Houston Chronicle)

Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State

I like Cravens in the 2nd and Cyrus Jones would be better than Robey.. if we could get in the 5th or 6th. The rest .. not so much esp. Morrison

NFL Network Analysts Charles Davis and Daniel Jeremiah 2016 NFL Draft Conference Call -- Transcript and Audio

​​Transcript: icpdf.pngCharles Davis and Daniel Jeremiah Conference Call_3_31_16.pdf

Audio File: icgen.gifCharles Davis and Daniel Jeremiah Conference Call_3_31_16.mp3

Charley Casserly provided three ways that he used mock drafts as the Redskins and Texans GM.

Perfect Pairs: Ideal top two draft picks for AFC East clubs

Bills

Jeremiah's perfect draft pair: Mississippi State DT Chris Jones (Round 1, pick 19); Boise State OLB Kamalei Correa (Round 2, pick 49)

Jeremiah's take: Jones just keeps moving up the more you watch him. He can get upfield and be ultra-disruptive. I think you can say of all the defensive tackles in this draft, his ceiling is right there at the top of the class. Correa is one of my favorite players in the draft. He's very disruptive. This defense has to be better under Rex Ryan, as it was very disappointing last season. They would help themselves with these two picks.

I like this sort of pair up at #19 and #49...And I think Jones will be there at #19...I doubt Correa will be around at #49 though...

At #19 I would be thrilled with Sheldon Rankins, A'Shawn Robinson, or Shaq Lawson...But I expect them all to be gone...I'm definitely OK with Andrew Billings, Ogbah, Vernon Butler, or Jones...And I think the pick will be one of those four...I'm not as high on Jarran Reed as some, I think his ceiling is a bit limited...But I think if you want a base-down run stopper you're not going to do much better...I'd rather not touch Nkemdiche...How can he be that kind of athlete with that little production? No thanks...And I think the "sleeper" pick at #19 is Kevin Dodd...

Another note about the Bills in the 1st Round...With this much D-Line talent likely available at #19, assuming there is not a crazy run, you have to believe Whaley is going to be VERY open to trading down a few spots...The Bills have been all but locked out of Free Agency due to the cap...They have depth holes all over the roster...Extra picks, especially this year, are never a bad thing...

At #49 I'm really hoping for Kyler Fackrell...But if a player like Noah Spence, or Correa, slides down...then great!!!

No matter what I'd like the Bills to come out of the first two rounds with a DT/3-4DE, and a DE/3-4 OLB...I know some folks want a true LB...But I think you can get decent players to fill that roll later in the Draft...The Bills already have Dareus, KW, and Hughes in their D-Front...Adding two more talented rookies should shore up Rex's D...And that makes the Bills far more dangerous this year...

Did I say how much I love the Draft?... B-)

By Dane Brugler | NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst

With a number of teams searching for safety help, a talent like Neal might not make it until day two of the 2016 NFL Draft.

BUF.png19. Buffalo Bills

Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi: Tyrod Taylor is the quarterback in Buffalo at the moment and he'll need all the help he can get. Treadwell would be an ideal complement toSammy Watkins on the outside.

@JaySkurski

In today's @TBNSports, my second mock draft has the #Bills rolling the dice on a talented but troubled pass rusher

19. Buffalo Bills. Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky. The Bills’ willingness to give players a second chance has been well documented. Spence is in need of that after having been booted out of the Big Ten for failed drug tests. He seems to have gotten his life together during one season at Eastern Kentucky, during which he racked up 22.5 tackles for loss and 11.5 sacks, earning All-American honors. The Bills need to add some more punch to their pass rush opposite Jerry Hughes, and Spence can really bring the heat off the edge. He’s also not a pushover in the run game. The NFL is all about rushing the opposing passer, and Spence is one of the best playmakers in the draft in that regard.

BUF.png19. Buffalo Bills

Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi: Tyrod Taylor is the quarterback in Buffalo at the moment and he'll need all the help he can get. Treadwell would be an ideal complement toSammy Watkins on the outside.

I just don't see it...I know it's a need...it's debatable how big a need it is...But in the 1st? The way this Defense struggled at times, then lost Mario and Bradham...Kyle Williams is not getting any younger...Have to say I would not be happy with a WR at #19...That's an understatement...In fact...If the Bills go Offense...I'm really only OK with Paxton Lynch...Assuming the other 2 QB's are gone of course... B-)

@JaySkurski

In today's @TBNSports, my second mock draft has the #Bills rolling the dice on a talented but troubled pass rusher

19. Buffalo Bills. Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky. The Bills’ willingness to give players a second chance has been well documented. Spence is in need of that after having been booted out of the Big Ten for failed drug tests. He seems to have gotten his life together during one season at Eastern Kentucky, during which he racked up 22.5 tackles for loss and 11.5 sacks, earning All-American honors. The Bills need to add some more punch to their pass rush opposite Jerry Hughes, and Spence can really bring the heat off the edge. He’s also not a pushover in the run game. The NFL is all about rushing the opposing passer, and Spence is one of the best playmakers in the draft in that regard.

I could be wrong of course...But I think Spence is going to slide a bit...It's not really even about the trouble he had (which seems to be behind him), or the 40 time...There are just SO many solid D-Linemen in this Draft...If he was running steady in the 4.6 range then maybe...But I just have a feeling he's going to get squeezed into the 2nd round...I'd LOVE to get him at #49 though! That would be awesome... B-)

@PFWeekly

New! @greggabe grades for more than 200 prospects (grade key at the bottom): http://shawurl.com/2ib4

CfOKSZ8WIAEAK_r.jpg

I just don't see it...I know it's a need...it's debatable how big a need it is...But in the 1st? The way this Defense struggled at times, then lost Mario and Bradham...Kyle Williams is not getting any younger...Have to say I would not be happy with a WR at #19...That's an understatement...In fact...If the Bills go Offense...I'm really only OK with Paxton Lynch...Assuming the other 2 QB's are gone of course... B-)

I could be wrong of course...But I think Spence is going to slide a bit...It's not really even about the trouble he had (which seems to be behind him), or the 40 time...There are just SO many solid D-Linemen in this Draft...If he was running steady in the 4.6 range then maybe...But I just have a feeling he's going to get squeezed into the 2nd round...I'd LOVE to get him at #49 though! That would be awesome... B-)

I wouldn't go with Treadwell in the 1st either. Regarding Spence, it would depend entirely on how the 1st round goes before the Bills' selection at #19.

@PFF_College

PFF scouting report for @seniorbowl standout Noah Spence—best fit is at 3-4 OLB, but could rush as a 4-3 DE. https://t.co/kTXGDQ6ERq