Retirement savings?

mead107

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah...but it's still over a 700% return on the original investment...

Yep. That means living within your means for those years. This doesn't mean "cheap" either. I would take the slow and steady route any day then try the get rich quick scheme, bank on inflation, etc.. etc... I guess, if you can get in quick, get out quick before the others realize you can... Than most certainly go the Chef Jim route. BUT, what does that build? "Pottervilles" like we have now. Isn't that also where we are suffering, @ the community level. Look @ Cali, I guess it will be fine. The game is big, but doesn't mean better. What happens if this drought drags on for more years. What I am saying, what happens if there is a mass migration as was the case into the state years ago? I prefer not to hedge those risks. I am perfectly fine with my father's 115k equity as he is too. I made the comment about Ralph and the Bills. Just imagine if The League were all Snyders, Krafts, and Jones? I am not saying they don't have their place either.

Slow and steady wins the race more times for MORE people. Like education and sports, should children going into the game of life thinking they will be NFL, NBA, etc... Stars? How many washout and how many actually attain the goal of being Michael Jordon. Or, are you going to get that sure fire degree in something that is useful?

Too many people and choices trying to grab that money floating around. The game being bigger doesn't always mean it is better.

I know I am boring and this sh*t isn't sexy in 2015.

High risk, high reward I suppose. Today's crazy notion of what retirement should be is insane!

Yes at an average rate of return of 4.25% per year.

What's the rate of inflation if everybody accepted those terms?

AND it is in BFLO/WNY!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Yep!

Translation = Better quality of life.

Better quality of life is based solely on housing costs? People sure had a great quality of life there this past winter. Never heard so many consecutive months of people bitching about living in WNY in my life.

quality of life is what I make it. I can't afford a 400,000 house, but we made do with a $12000 house for 40 years or so. Taxes are a killer though.

i thought my writing here would transfer over to my other posts about the Bills. don't they

Everything is sort of mixed up on my page and there is no bills talk above here. My grandson is coming over tonight so he can help me get the subjects fixed.

Better quality of life is based solely on housing costs? People sure had a great quality of life there this past winter. Never heard so many consecutive months of people bitching about living in WNY in my life.

They are babies, wouldn't know quality of life if it bit them on the azz. The weather is a lot harsher, but it is a better quality of life back in WNY. Winter weather is even better here in the MidWest, but still not the quality of life back in WNY.

Oh... BTW, how's little deal called the 4 year Cali drought doing? Don't worry, they will be out of the woods by August. Worrying about water is a huge quality of life issue. More snow actually helps the quality of life. For the life of me I can't understand why people complain about it. Maybe just b*tch for the sake of b*tching I guess? They could have sure used that snow in the Sierra Nevada.

;-P ;-P

quality of life is what I make it. I can't afford a 400,000 house, but we made do with a $12000 house for 40 years or so. Taxes are a killer though.

i thought my writing here would transfer over to my other posts about the Bills. don't they

Everything is sort of mixed up on my page and there is no bills talk above here. My grandson is coming over tonight so he can help me get the subjects fixed.

Here taxes are huge too... Old Rust Belt area too... Old infrastructure, etc... BUT, I just got my tax bill yesterday... Low and and behold... My taxes went down 1200 bucks a year. From 6k to 4,800. Sure my home value probably went down... But who cares, I am here for the haul, not to flip it on somebody else's dreams... Edited by ExiledInIllinois

They are babies, wouldn't know quality of life if it bit them on the azz. The weather is a lot harsher, but it is a better quality of life back in WNY. Winter weather is even better here in the MidWest, but still not the quality of life back in WNY.

Oh... BTW, how's little deal called the 4 year Cali drought doing? Don't worry, they will be out of the woods by August. Worrying about water is a huge quality of life issue. More snow actually helps the quality of life. For the life of me I can't understand why people complain about it. Maybe just b*tch for the sake of b*tching I guess? They could have sure used that snow in the Sierra Nevada.

So I save the water that runs from the shower while it heats up and uses it to water my garden. I planted my front yard with drought resistant plants. I find myself not running the tap as long. Killing my quality of life now that you mention it.

So I save the water that runs from the shower while it heats up and uses it to water my garden. I planted my front yard with drought resistant plants. I find myself not running the tap as long. Killing my quality of life now that you mention it.

Totally kills the quality of life IMO. Most places simply would have never been settled if there wasn't a supply of water that you really didn't have to manage so OCD. Yet, now that many are living the drought (and given the way our culture is today)... There are ways to make do. IMO, those ways are cumbersome. I wouldn't want to be bothered by the strict conservation.

These conservation methods would totally break the back of my 17 year old son... LoL... If I told him to take a "Navy Shower" and then save it.

HA!

Anyway, good luck, it's incredible how long the drought has been going on... Amazing seeing the lakes and rez so low... Many are simply set to run out in the near future if rains don't come!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois