Most Reviled Coach of the Bills

Building off Beerballs most reviled player topic what coach got under your skin the most. In the 2000's we had Grego, Mularky, Chan, Marrone its like a smorgasbord! But I have to go with Crafty Dick Jauron myself!

3: Mularkey for being a turd.

2: Marrone for being a jackass

1: Jauron for just sucking

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the Jauron hate. He seemed like a really good guy, who the players also really liked.

Jaurons' overall record as HC is 60-82. He had 1 winning season out of 9.

He compiled that record across 2 different teams.

I am sure his friends and family are happy he is such a nice guy.

In hindsight, his teams' talent was crap. His boring, conservative philosophy was what squeezed 7 wins a year out of 2-win type teams.

Hypothetical situation: You are the HC of an NFL team. You are standing on the sideline watching the game,

and you notice the DB on the other team has been blitzing your QB consecutively play after play.

Question: How many times does that have to happen before you hunt down your OC, and ask him "WTF"?

Edited by Cynical

Hank Bullough, Harvey Johnson, Kay Stevenson... take your pick. You young whippersnappers don't know nothing about bad coaches. Jauron, Mullarky, Marrone, they ain't a scab on a bad coach's ass compared them jerks!

but Kay Stephenson was such a nice guy!

Malarkey and Greggo seemed to be so tied to Donahue that I think they were not really put in a winnable position, but I Malarkey was a better coach and more likable then Greggo.

I thinking Gailey and Jauron are different sides of the same coin. Great at their sides of the football but horrible on the opposite side. Also, the players loved them and they were both stand up guys.

I have to go with Marrone, He was just too petty. He had his dog house and he didn't care if it would help his team he would bench a player regardless. Plus, after all the articles that have been put out about how he treated people who he felt were "below" him I have to say he is the most reviled ... at least in the modern era.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

I wasn't following as closely in the Mularkey years, but I remember hearing he quit due to a combination of being pissed off with front office decisions and people giving his kids a hard time. If that's true I find that a lot easier to understand than Marrone's opportunistic attempt at a power/money grab.