Possible reason for McNabb's lack of intensity

zow2

Actually, it's "Koy", not coy. But even though I suspect you were being facetious, I agree with that statement. In fact, I feel that if Koy doesn't get himself into some sort of position to win a starting spot somewhere, he's going to be a wasted talent. When I lived in Philly I saw this kid play a lot. I'm not saying he's Peyton Manning, but he's at least a Billy Volek.

232465[/snapback]

And he's a frightening-looking creature to boot. Perhaps his gruesome look could have scared away the Pats defense.

ok that explains the 4th quarter, what about the other 3? when he was in syracuse, puking never stopped him, he would just hurl right on the field and get on with it!

I was listening to a Philly beat writer on the radio earlier.  According to some of his O-linemen, McNabb was really really sick in the 4th Qtr.  They think he had something prior to the game (flu or cold?) and it took it's toll.  He was dry heaving in the huddle and could not physically run the hurry-up offense. He couldn't even call some plays much less move quickly....Freddie Mitchell had to make the call on a few.  Anyway, if this is true it explains alot...and also explains why Andy Reid gave such stupid & evasive answers to reporters questions.

232432[/snapback]

ok that explains the 4th quarter, what about the other 3?  when he was in syracuse, puking never stopped him, he would just hurl right on the field and get on with it!

232555[/snapback]

I remember that. Wasn't there one game where he puked in the huddle, on TV, and they simply moved the huddle 10 feet and kept playing?

Before folks get the panties too up in a wad, McNabb did not have an adequate game as he lost. However, he did QB a drive for a TD which ended at 3:52 left in the game. This was part of a fame in which he did the bad thing of throwing 3 INTs, but 31/52 for 350+ yards is not ahject failure in terms of production.

Folks complaining about McNabb's play or saying this is why they would never draft him merely sound as stupid as Rush Limbaugh.

There was reportedly a flu bug going around the Philly locker room in the week leading up to the SB.

232511[/snapback]

Kind of reminds me of some of the excuse making going on when we were losing four straight. Philly flat out got beat and should deal with it. No ones gonna care 10 years from now when they see the chokers the Eagles have become that Donovan was hungover in the SB.