NCAA Finals

Holy misinterpretation Batman! In the post you quoted, I said nothing about the validity of his comments on officiating. I responded to a poster who said I should email Bo to get clarification on the rent a player comments. He would be lying if he tried to say he was talking about 5th year guys, because he wasn't.

Since you bring up the validity of his comments on officiating though, I do think it's just sour grapes. Wisconsin got the calls all year, as do a lot of marquee programs. Were you this upset when Wisconsin got more calls than UK? The officiating in that game was much more egregious and played a larger role in the result. UK was better in most of the statistical measures. Duke and Wisconsin were statistically pretty even.

Edit: For all the crap Calipari gets, he handled their loss extremely well.

The officiating sucked all tourney. It was capricious and crap. Just because Wisconsin got a call or two the game before doesn't make it right.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The officiating sucked all tourney. It was capricious and crap. Just because Wisconsin got a call or two the game before doesn't make it right.

:lol: Officiating has always been crap. Conference to conference it differs for some odd reason. The old Big East sometimes seemed like it was being officiated by the Cable Guy using prison rules.

I don't think anyone is saying that at all. What happened in the first half when Wisconsin was whistled for 2 fouls? Was that accurate? No. Does the disparity by half magnify the issue? Yes.

But...whining about the officials after a loss is just that, whining.

Saying something else that can be considered disingenuous at best is the crux of the conversation. (IMO)

:lol: Officiating has always been crap. Conference to conference it differs for some odd reason. The old Big East sometimes seemed like it was being officiated by the Cable Guy using prison rules.

I guess my point is that if Calipari had complained about that egregious shot clock call, I would've understood it.

I don't think anyone is saying that at all. What happened in the first half when Wisconsin was whistled for 2 fouls? Was that accurate? No. Does the disparity by half magnify the issue? Yes.

But...whining about the officials after a loss is just that, whining.

Saying something else that can be considered disingenuous at best is the crux of the conversation. (IMO)

Bo Ryan's comment about one and done's was a clear shot at Duke, and total sour grapes, and he recognized that within two seconds of saying it. It happens.

I guess my point is that if Calipari had complained about that egregious shot clock call, I would've understood it.

I understand why Ryan complained. He just shouldn't have. Imagine that you were up for a promotion against one other person, and it all came down to who could come up with a better proposal for a project. You decide to put the whole thing together by yourself and your competitor decided to get some help. If it didn't go your way, would you go to your boss afterwards and tell him that the other person didn't deserve it because they received help? No. You wouldn't. If you did, your boss would probably lose a little respect for you. In this scenario, your frustration would be easy to understand, but nothing good would come of complaining.

I understand and forgive Ryan (as if he needs a random message boarders forgiveness). I still respect him as a coach.

I understand why Ryan complained. He just shouldn't have. Imagine that you were up for a promotion against one other person, and it all came down to who could come up with a better proposal for a project. You decide to put the whole thing together by yourself and your competitor decided to get some help. If it didn't go your way, would you go to your boss afterwards and tell him that the other person didn't deserve it because they received help? No. You wouldn't. If you did, your boss would probably lose a little respect for you. In this scenario, your frustration would be easy to understand, but nothing good would come of complaining.

I understand and forgive Ryan (as if he needs a random message boarders forgiveness). I still respect him as a coach.

I really think that's a poor analogy but I think we agree.