Grade Whaley's Job Performance So Far  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Whaley's Job Performance So Far

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

GM, for better or worse, will get credit/blame for personnel. But lets not act like the Assistant GM/Director of Pro Personnel has absolutely no say in the process. Nix did a lot of good things while here, but Whaley was right there with him, and has continued the trend since Nix left.

If anything, Whaley should at least get credit for:

- EJ (some say blame)

- Woods

- Kiko*

- Hughes

- P. Brown

- Robey

- Graham

- Watkins

- McCoy*

- Harvin

- Clay

To me that furthers the trend of finding and improving the talent on this team.

Edited by Dorkington

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C. Which is just about the best grade possible when his two first round picks aren't panning out so far; ej is riding the pine, and we gave up too much for Watkins

How, in the world, can you say that Watkins isn't working out?

That's absolutely ridiculous. The guy had over 900 yards as a rookie with lousy QB play and inept offensive coaching.

I was 99% certain that you were just trolling about Sammy before--now I'm 100% that you don't mean a word that you say.

No rational person could believe what you just typed.

"Common limitation I see in people"

I see you don't understand most of those players are Nix guys.

"if at first you don't succeed, maybe failure is your style"

As I'd expect from "nothing is wrong with a c" guy.

But The fact is Nix never put together a roster with a winning season as bills GM. Whaley did in his second year.

So you can choose not to give him any credit but he's the one the finished the job and assembled a winner. Not buddy. So while I have no problem saying nix may have helped with the foundation, whaley has been excellent, and the results support this.

How, in the world, can you say that Watkins isn't working out?

That's absolutely ridiculous. The guy had over 900 yards as a rookie with lousy QB play and inept offensive coaching.

I was 99% certain that you were just trolling about Sammy before--now I'm 100% that you don't mean a word that you say.

No rational person could believe what you just typed.

Because as stated we gave up too much for him.

But The fact is Nix never put together a roster with a winning season as bills GM. Whaley did in his second year.

So you can choose not to give him any credit but he's the one the finished the job and assembled a winner. Not buddy. So while I have no problem saying nix may have helped with the foundation, whaley has been excellent, and the results support this.

He is getting credit... You are just trolling me now. Read my OP...

Nix and that other hillbilly gailey were terrible. They're in F/D- territory. You can outperform them and very much be a "C"

So you think the Vikings GM who traded all those pics and players to dallas for Herschel Walker did a good job because walker had some good years in Minnesota?

Depends on who/what the pics were of.

I voted a C mainly because we have yet to reach the playoffs under Whaley and while these moves look great on paper... not a single down has been played yet.

At the very least we've gone from 7-9/6-10 to 9-7 last year, being 9-7 AND seemingly improving the team on paper gives me hope :)