Bills to pick up 5th year option on Gilmore- update: Done!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly, I wasn't as active in that thread as others, but I do seem to remember a fair amount of Gilmore-love going on in there.

If you have game rewind, I'd recommend re-watching the Denver and Green Bay games for a sample. Best back-to-back games I've seen by a Bills' corner in my life. Still chafes me that he got called for that DPI penalty against Denver (hitting E. Sanders) when the rules are so darn specific that contact within 1 yard of the LOS is NOT pass interference. Ugh.

great observation Bandit .... :thumbsup:

Delighted to read this option.

one of my complaints about Stephon was how he danced around when the run play was coming at him and really did not pursue much if the ball went to the "other" side of the field. By the end of last season i became a fan of his. he started to trust the system and get after the ball. He began to play the run very hard.

Because he is a big boy thats to his advantage to get shoulder in.

then he started the ball hawking. I feel he is just coming into his own.

Quietly, really turned it up last half of last season.

i think we have something special in this Kid. pay the Man

GoBills

Well this gives us a little cushion for extension talks.

It gives them a big cushion, which is nice. I expect the long term deal to get signed next offseason. Looking at the Bills cap situation, 2016 is where they're going to need relief so lowering Gilmore's cap hit for that season makes the most sense. Hopefully both sides agree on the parameters of his new contract leading up to then.