Bills making a playoff run next year?

Joshua25

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible I just don't see it happening though. I hope I am wrong but with Brady in the division, I don't see the Bills taking the division. As far as taking the wild card, I think the Bills will go 10-6 and I just don't think 10-6 will be enough to cut it. Look it really all boils down to EJ Manuel. Matt Cassel isn't going to be doing wonders for this team. The third year is the real test, and NOBODY and I stress NOBODY knows exactly what Manuel will bring to the table. As far as from what his teammates say, he has improved a lot. I would love to see him on the offense calling the shots and scolding the other players when they don't perform correctly, but we don't know if he has this mastery of the offense yet. I don't think it was Manuel being buddy-buddy with the players, as CJ would say, as much as it was him not understanding the professional routes and defensive reads, as he was thrown into the starting position without ANY guidance from a veteran or QB coach when every scout out there for the 2013 draft stated he needed time to transition into the NFL. I am really hoping EJ Manuel has his breakout year.

You implied that they're not elite. Would you say Green Bay's offense is not elite because of how bad they did against that same "not elite" offense?

To be honest the last elite defense I saw was the superbowl era Bears.

It's possible I just don't see it happening though. I hope I am wrong but with Brady in the division, I don't see the Bills taking the division. As far as taking the wild card, I think the Bills will go 10-6 and I just don't think 10-6 will be enough to cut it. Look it really all boils down to EJ Manuel. Matt Cassel isn't going to be doing wonders for this team. The third year is the real test, and NOBODY and I stress NOBODY knows exactly what Manuel will bring to the table. As far as from what his teammates say, he has improved a lot. I would love to see him on the offense calling the shots and scolding the other players when they don't perform correctly, but we don't know if he has this mastery of the offense yet. I don't think it was Manuel being buddy-buddy with the players, as CJ would say, as much as it was him not understanding the professional routes and defensive reads, as he was thrown into the starting position without ANY guidance from a veteran or QB coach when every scout out there for the 2013 draft stated he needed time to transition into the NFL. I am really hoping EJ Manuel has his breakout year.

Nice post.This guy gets it.

They better, as they should be a substantially better overall team. But of course you never know. Every year there are 3-4 teams that were expected to be good that basically suck, and 3-4 who were expected to suck that turned out to be pretty good.

Not to mention several individual players always seem to underperform and several seem to over-perform.