The dangers of our new normal...

Google "Big Data". It's far from useless. Why would they bother gathering and indexing it and keeping it if it were "useless"?

OK somewhat tangential anecdote: Today I decided to check my Facebook page. On the "people you may know" list, there was a person (the redhead in San Diego) that Facebook shouldn't have known that I know. How the actual !@#$ they figured that out is beyond me. But creepy.

I wonder if there's intentional irony about Greenwald decrying the ignorance of American populace, while using an entertainment show to get broader exposure for his traitorous crusade?

But you're the (*^*&%^$^#that compared invasion of privacy in the US to Gestapo tactics to begin with. Greg asked when in history was it possible to abridge freedoms as can be done now, and you specifically said "The Gestapo did it physically."

You actually dismissed concerns about the abridgement of rights with a "No big deal, Nazi's did it too" argument (which any sane person would consider an argument FOR concern, not against). Then you dismiss your own backwards reducto ad absurdum fallacious argument with a straw man fallacy that invasion of privacy is not the same as Nacht und Nebel.

You've managed to create an entirely new kind of logical fallacy. Literally. What you have done - contradicting one's own ridiculous logic with an equally ridiculous straw man, both based on a complete confusion of two distinct topics - has never before been formally identified in the two and a half millenia of the existence of logic itself.

The Gatorman Fallacy. Something entirely new and different in the field of logic. I could publish a paper on this.

Please stop drinking and posting, it makes your obfuscating even worse. Your Greg boy appreciates it though, he might even like you as much as that Glen Greenwald creep.

Greg brought up absolute power, and I pointed how how stupid his argument is that we didn't need the internet et all to have it, but you and the Greenwald crowd can scream all you want about our loss of freedom from whatever

You are all a bunch of idiots

Please stop drinking and posting, it makes your obfuscating even worse. Your Greg boy appreciates it though, he might even like you as much as that Glen Greenwald creep.

Greg brought up absolute power, and I pointed how how stupid his argument is that we didn't need the internet et all to have it, but you and the Greenwald crowd can scream all you want about our loss of freedom from whatever

"Obfuscation by detail and specific examples" wasn't enough? Now I'm obfuscating by quoting you? :lol:

And anyway, it was a compliment. Not many people make contributions to philosophy as significant as The Gatorman Fallacy.

:doh:

You didn't point out how stupid my argument was, you couldn't have because you've yet to comprehend the subject. This is proven by the fact you think I'm "arguing" anything at all in the first place. I'm not. All this time you waste pissing and moaning about imagined debates and topics could be used so much more efficiently if you took the time to learn about a subject before posting about it.

You didn't point out how stupid my argument was, you couldn't have because you've yet to comprehend the subject. This is proven by the fact you think I'm "arguing" anything at all in the first place. I'm not. All this time you waste pissing and moaning about imagined debates and topics could be used so much more efficiently if you took the time to learn about a subject before posting about it.

Just think, if he took all the time he spent ignorantly bitching and crying about things he didn't understand, and instead spent that time trying to understand those things, he still wouldn't understand them, because he's a !@#$ing idiot. But at least we'd have some peace around here.

That's it, I just don't get you! You are too complicated! :lol:

Just think, if he took all the time he spent ignorantly bitching and crying about things he didn't understand, and instead spent that time trying to understand those things, he still wouldn't understand them, because he's a !@#$ing idiot. But at least we'd have some peace around here.

I disagree. If we didn't have people like gatorman around here, I would never have even considered someone could be so stupid that they actually believe the federal government is responsible for providing love and dignity to each and every American.

You can't buy that kind of stupidity.

I actually read part of his book on the Bush presidency. Pretty savage Bush hater, even a little heavy for me to enjoy. "A Tragic Legacy."

Shocking! You read part of something and then consider that to be enough to understand it fully. The gatorman method of learning. :doh:

That's it, I just don't get you! You are too complicated! :lol:

You clearly do not get it, and haven't gotten it this whole thread.

It's a shame because this is a topic you should be interested in as it directly impacts your day to day life.

I disagree. If we didn't have people like gatorman around here, I would never have even considered someone could be so stupid that they actually believe the federal government is responsible for providing love and dignity to each and every American.

You can't buy that kind of stupidity.

As stupid as that was, "We shouldn't worry about government surveillance because the Nazis did it too. But don't compare it to what the Nazis did, because that's different" is really taking the cake for me.

It's a shame because this is a topic you should be interested in as it directly impacts your day to day life.

Did you ever consider the possibility that he's a spook, operating under the very surveillance aegis we're discussing? And that his ignorance is nothing more than a false front to hide the fact that he's here to report our sedition back to the government?

As stupid as that was, "We shouldn't worry about government surveillance because the Nazis did it too. But don't compare it to what the Nazis did, because that's different" is really taking the cake for me.

Did you ever consider the possibility that he's a spook, operating under the very surveillance aegis we're discussing? And that his ignorance is nothing more than a false front to hide the fact that he's here to report our sedition back to the government?

:lol: Anything's possible. I definitely would like to believe he's trolling... just because it's scary to believe a real person could be operating at this level of willful ignorance in their daily life. So, spook or troll, either one would be preferable.

:lol: Anything's possible. I definitely would like to believe he's trolling... just because it's scary to believe a real person could be operating at this level of willful ignorance in their daily life. So, spook or troll, either one would be preferable.

I know. On the one hand, you want to believe he's trolling, because natural selection, even in our over-protective day and age, would weed out anyone this thoroughly dense.

On the other hand, the investment of time and effort it would take to intentionally be such a rabid honey badger of stupid is mind-boggling.

Shocking! You read part of something and then consider that to be enough to understand it fully. The gatorman method of learning. :doh:

I know, my whole life is a wreck because of...oh, its something I can't fathom!

Anyway, that link you posted is pathetic! Glenn Bozo whining that no one votes and its all the media fault? Even more stupid, he shows how little most people know about the government and then complains they don't vote??? Who wants people that know nothing about the function of government voting anyway.

Pretty lame link dude, but the more of your posts I read the more I see why you'd fall under the spell of such a person

Anyway, that link you posted is pathetic! Glenn Bozo whining that no one votes and its all the media fault? Even more stupid, he shows how little most people know about the government and then complains they don't vote??? Who wants people that know nothing about the function of government voting anyway.

Pretty lame link dude, but the more of your posts I read the more I see why you'd fall under the spell of such a person

At least the article I posted was relevant to the discussion, unlike the one you posted about cop-cams. The best part is you read the article and (shockingly) didn't understand how it fits into the context of this discussion. If you had, you'd realize the low information Americans he's talking about, the ones who don't realize the government threat to their privacy because they simply do not care to be informed, is you.

It's easier to attack what you don't understand than it is to try to understand it. We get it. You've made your point that you don't know your history or what's actually going on in the world today, you can either choose to participate in this thread or not.

Edited by GreggyT

I think I have broken through and can translate what you are trying to say.

"Governments have had the power and ability for years to suspend personal liberties, like in Nazi Germany, so the loss of privacy and freedom in the name of security in 2015 America is irrelevant."

Is that it? Am I close?

Edited by FireChan

At least the article I posted was relevant to the discussion, unlike the one you posted about cop-cams. The best part is you read the article and (shockingly) didn't understand how it fits into the context of this discussion. If you had, you'd realize the low information Americans he's talking about, the ones who don't realize the government threat to their privacy because they simply do not care to be informed, is you.

It's easier to attack what you don't understand than it is to try to understand it. We get it. You've made your point that you don't know your history or what's actually going on in the world today, you can either choose to participate in this thread or not.

Yes Greg, it was too hard to understand, lol. You are pathetic! You sound like a teenage girl saying "you just don't understand me..." :rolleyes:

No I get it. You are nothing special even though you really think you are deep

Yes Greg, it was too hard to understand, lol. You are pathetic! You sound like a teenage girl saying "you just don't understand me..." :rolleyes:

No I get it. You are nothing special even though you really think you are deep

I don't even think there's a name for your personality disorder.