The dangers of our new normal...

Sure it will.

So according to you three, the government will watch everyone's every movement, control the internet, control twitter, read all emails and even bake a cake in its spare time. Whatever!

What does absolute power do again?

1) No it makes no sense because the scenerio you described could have happened at any point in history and didn't need this technology to succeed. This "unimaginable all powerful super duper force" that can't be stopped OMG, still has to be used by someone and not opposed by someone else. Our whole system is based upon checks to power. Call me when one person, organization of faction is ready to take over.

2) I already told you I don't give a crap that a large corporation knows I buy pumpkin pie a lot. Your tired, stupid argument keeps falling up the argument that only you understand the danger. Whatever

1. Explain to me how this scenario (which you still don't grasp or understand, yet are determined to argue against regardless -- which is hilarious) could have possibly happened "at any point in history and didn't need technology to succeed" when the scenario requires technology to even be possible. A sentence like that just shows you're way out of your element, Donny. The point at issue here is privacy and the government's complete invasion of it. Previous regimes in history never had the ability to strip privacy in the manner the US government is doing today. When has there ever been a point in history where the populace is as interconnected and dependent upon technology to survive in the modern world as it is today? The answer is never, which is why this first point of yours is so utterly stupid.

Try again. It helps if you take the time to educate yourself on the topic before lashing out against it.

2. I'm not the only one who understands the danger, you're the only one in the entire thread who doesn't see the danger. Thinking like you're demonstrating in this thread is the reason why government has been able to run roughshod over its people, you're too busy living in denial to be bothered to learn the truth about what's actually happening in the world.

Sure it will.

So according to you three, the government will watch everyone's every movement, control the internet, control twitter, read all emails and even bake a cake in its spare time. Whatever!

Not "will", the government is already watching every movement you make. Not just online, but in your day to day life. That cellphone you carry around with you has a microphone and GPS tracker in it, both of which can be accessed and turned on without your knowledge at any given moment. Ditto with your car if it has bluetooth capability.

But again, it's statements like the one you're making that demonstrate how ignorant you are about this topic. It's sad really.

1. Explain to me how this scenario (which you still don't grasp or understand, yet are determined to argue against regardless -- which is hilarious) could have possibly happened "at any point in history and didn't need technology to succeed" when the scenario requires technology to even be possible. A sentence like that just shows you're way out of your element, Donny.

Oh! I'm way out of my element! Lol, ok. Didn't realize I was chatting with such a smart chap. Funny.

You basically laid out a one party take over. Ok, that's happened before without the technology you speak of Mr. Wonderful.

Gees, why is it always the weak minded that act so arrogant? Seriously, don't see how you can get so full of yourself.

Oh! I'm way out of my element! Lol, ok. Didn't realize I was chatting with such a smart chap. Funny.

You basically laid out a one party take over. Ok, that's happened before without the technology you speak of Mr. Wonderful.

Gees, why is it always the weak minded that act so arrogant? Seriously, don't see how you can get so full of yourself.

That is not what I laid out. That's not what this topic is even about. So, before you ask why the weak minded act so arrogant, look in the mirror. Again, you don't understand the topic you're trying to debate -- which is why you're failing so hard.

And I've been trying to help you see the bigger picture, but if you just want to throw out insults we can do that instead. You'll be just as bad at that as you are at basic comprehension.

So, explain to me please, how this invasion of privacy was possible throughout history before. I'll wait.

Previous regimes in history never had the ability to strip privacy in the manner the US government is doing today. When has there ever been a point in history where the populace is as interconnected and dependent upon technology to survive in the modern world as it is today? The answer is never, which is why this first point of yours is so utterly stupid.

Yes, and previous regimes have have exercised way more power with less information technology available. Maybe, smart guy, that's because the internet, tv, cable, and other forms of communication have actually decentralized power. But that can't be right--all the proof aside--because you disagree with it and you are really, really smart, lol.

Yes, and previous regimes have have exercised way more power with less information technology available. Maybe, smart guy, that's because the internet, tv, cable, and other forms of communication have actually decentralized power. But that can't be right--all the proof aside--because you disagree with it and you are really, really smart, lol.

Again, you're only demonstrating you don't understand the topic being discussed: PRIVACY.

2. I'm not the only one who understands the danger, you're the only one in the entire thread who doesn't see the danger. Thinking like you're demonstrating in this thread is the reason why government has been able to run roughshod over its people, you're too busy living in denial to be bothered to learn the truth about what's actually happening in the world.

I'm not part of your "we" remember? You are part of the group think telling me to wake up? Ok!

Funny how I don't see this government running roughshod over us angle....Ummmm....what??? Guess I'm just too in denial here, here. Or not as smart as you to see it.

Again, you're only demonstrating you don't understand the topic being discussed: PRIVACY.

If this was happening under a republican administration, he'd be agreeing with you. He still wouldn't understand the issue, but he'd agree with you.

Oh, how the government--or is it Exxon???--knowing I buy too much pumpkin pie?

You are an idiot

If this was happening under a republican administration, he'd be agreeing with you. He still wouldn't understand the issue, but he'd agree with you.

That's not true. The Patriot Act was never a big deal to me. They started screaming that they would know what library books we took out. Ya, so what?

Ordnung uber alles.

I'm not part of your "we" remember? You are part of the group think telling me to wake up? Ok!

Funny how I don't see this government running roughshod over us angle....Ummmm....what??? Guess I'm just too in denial here, here. Or not as smart as you to see it.

Of course you don't see it, you don't understand the issue and how much privacy you've lost over the last fifteen years.

Which is the point, you're in absolute denial. Ignorance isn't a fashion accessory, it's something you should work on changing.

Oh, how the government--or is it Exxon???--knowing I buy too much pumpkin pie?

You are an idiot

There is an idiot in this thread, but for once it's not me.

That is not what I laid out. That's not what this topic is even about. So, before you ask why the weak minded act so arrogant, look in the mirror. Again, you don't understand the topic you're trying to debate -- which is why you're failing so hard.

And I've been trying to help you see the bigger picture, but if you just want to throw out insults we can do that instead. You'll be just as bad at that as you are at basic comprehension.

So, explain to me please, how this invasion of privacy was possible throughout history before. I'll wait.

Oh, I'm throwing out insults?? Wow! You are a piece of work dude

"Communication" doesn't decentralize power, dumbass.