My Predictions For The Bills In 05

1) Drew takes a pay cut and stays (sorry haters).

2) The starting qb position will be decided by who is healthy.

3) Somebody will slap JP on the back after a good play, and he will be hospitalized once again....nod to Drew due to injury.

4) TD signs the LG equivalent of CV.

5) JJ is gone.

6) PW is gone.

7) Tucker moves to OC.

8) Teague moves to LT.

9) Tucker and Teague both play well at their new positions under McNally.

10) TD signs Ron Edwards to a long term deal.

11) The Bills trade Henry and a 5th round pick for Surtain.

12) Josh Stamer sees lots of time at OLB.

13) The Bills draft a cb, ol and wr with their first 3 picks.

14) The Bills finish 11-5.

I may be wrong at every turn, but there it is. At least I have the ba!!s to put forth my expectations, and I welcome comments.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why does everyone think that JP will get injured, and that he is injury prone. For the love, wasn't it Troy Vincient who broke his leg? That's no joke of a player to do that. Was he injury prone in college? Why does everyone think that he will get injured? Just wondering...

I think that one of the two (JJ or PW) will stay. Both won't be able to, unless both are unselfish. Not likely. Bledsoe I see as inconsistent (why there are so many haters) but anything BUT selfish. I see him staying here if the Bills allow him to stay without a paycut.

I think Bledsoe could be a good mentor for JP personally.

I agree with 4,5 and 7--14.  Drew has gotta go and big Pat will stay.

231425[/snapback]

Everything (imo) with PW depends on what other teams offer him. If the Bills signed him to a 4 year deal, deep down, dont you think he would be washed up well before the contract expires?

Edwards is young. Many expect Clements to be signed long term before he is a ufa. This would of course be great, but extremely costly, and I think that Edwards is a more likely candidate for an extention.

1) drews gone

2) jj is gone

3) P. Williams signs a cap firendly contract like adams did.

4) JP is starter at begining of the year.

5) JP personaly looses 3 games and we miss the playoffs by 1 game :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

6) we trade henry to cards for their OT and a later draft pick.

7) we stay with Smith at OG

8) we draft a kicker with our 2nd round pick. :blink:

9) we draft a CB with our 3rd round pick.

10) a backup LB will take Posey's spot around week 10.

I definitely don't expect both PW and JJ to be gone. In fact I think it would be more likely that they both stayed than both gone. Most likely scenario is one stays, one goes... Other than that, I could see most of what you say happening next year.

I definitely don't expect both PW and JJ to be gone. In fact I think it would be more likely that they both stayed than both gone. Most likely scenario is one stays, one goes... Other than that, I could see most of what you say happening next year.

231493[/snapback]

I was hoping that you would chime in. :blink:

I am FOR keeping PW, but against signing him long term and having to eat dead cap space down the road.

Truthfully, I under-rated PW coming into the season. Simon suggested that I pay more attention to him and I did. The guy is a player, BUT.....I sat in the first row vs. the cardinals. The man probably weighs almost 400 lbs. Imo, it is unreasonable to expect a man this big to last for 4, or perhaps even 3 years at his age. Make no mistake, Edwards is a huge monster as well, but he is young and imo more agile. He could probably be locked up for 12-15 million for a 4 year contract, no?

231411[/snapback]

This is one that interests me. I am not a big fan of Posey as I feel that he disappears for games at a time.

I didn't realize Stamer was Posey's backup(I had to check the depth chart). I thought he was a backup at MLB.

GO STAMER!!! :blink:

I was hoping that you would chime in.  :blink:

I am FOR keeping PW, but against signing him long term and having to eat dead cap space down the road.

Truthfully, I under-rated PW coming into the season. Simon suggested that I pay more attention to him and I did. The guy is a player, BUT.....I sat in the first row vs. the cardinals. The man probably weighs almost 400 lbs. Imo, it is unreasonable to expect a man this big to last for 4, or perhaps even 3 years at his age. Make no mistake, Edwards is a huge monster as well, but he is young and imo more agile. He could probably be locked up for 12-15 million for a 4 year contract, no?

231507[/snapback]

They way I've seen it, PW is the lighter one between he and Adams (my guess would be @ 340-350, but not entirely sure :P ) He's definitely smaller than Sam though, although that's not saying much. Pat still plays with good legs , a great motor, and a feel for the play that is about to unfold before him. He is i bit less spectacular than SA at this point, but very consistent....

Make no mistake, Edwards is a huge monster as well, but he is young and imo more agile. He could probably be locked up for 12-15 million for a 4 year contract, no?

231507[/snapback]

I like Edwards play the last couple of years and I think he could be had for less then 12-15 mil over 4 years. The only question is, how much drop off(if any) would there be between Edwards(or Anderson for that matter) and Williams. I'm guessing TD will have to weigh the difference in their play versus the amount of money it will take to bring back Williams.

I like Edwards play the last couple of years and I think he could be had for less then 12-15 mil over 4 years.  The only question is, how much drop off(if any) would there be between Edwards(or Anderson for that matter) and Williams.  I'm guessing TD will have to weigh the difference in their play versus the amount of money it will take to bring back Williams.

231570[/snapback]

Perhaps you are right about how much it would take to tie up Edwards to a long term deal. I dont know, but I fully agree with you that this IS the decision that TD faces.

TD does not seem to be one to sign players to outrageous contracts. Mr. Butler paid pro-bowl dollars to lesser players such as Fina, Rogers, Ostroski, a washed up Henry Jones, and others.

I can see TD leaning toward the younger player (Edwards), but that is jmo.

1) Drew does not accept paycut/demotion and is cut

2) Moulds restructures, freeing capspace

3) Extra cap space from EM restructing is used to resign Pat Williams

4) JJ gives TD his contract demands and says take it or i'm going ot atlanta. TD tells JJ "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn"

5) Henry to Miami for Surtain

6) Kordell Stewart signs

7) Keydrick Vincent signs

8) Marcus Price signs

9) Kevin Thomas signs RFA

10) John Dornbos signs EFA

11) Josh Stamer signs EFA

12) Bills use 2nd round pick on OLine, who will sit

13) Bills draft a 2nd day QB

14) JP starts opening day, with OLine of Teague, Stewart, Tucker, Villarel, Williams

15) Clements is extended

16) Bills have a dominant defense. Adams and Spikes starting Probowlers. Schobel, Fletcher, Clements, Milloy reserves

17) Bills have a stumbling offense with 1st year QB. McGahee reserve pro bowler

18) Bills ST rock again! McGee pro bowl returnman, Mooreman snubbed again

19) Learning curve costs us a game or 2

20) Rian Lindell costs us a game or 2

21) Bills finish 9-7, with wins vs Miami, Jets, Denver, Atlanta, Houston, at Miami, at Oakland, at New Orleans, and at Tampa

22) Bills miss playoffs

and a preview of the 2006 offseason...

23) Jerry Grey moves on to a college HC position

24) Sam Wyche moves on to an OC position

25) Bills name Jim Haslett defensive coordinator

3) Somebody will slap JP on the back after a good play, and he will be hospitalized once again....nod to Drew due to injury.

5) JJ is gone.

6) PW is gone.

7) Tucker moves to OC.

8) Teague moves to LT.

231411[/snapback]

1. Agree.

2. Disagree. The position will be determined by how fast of a learner JP is.

3. Disagree. I don't think JP will be the chronic injury type.

4. Agree. I bet it's Wahle from GB.

5. Disagree. I don't think JJ will attract more than $4.5 million a year elsewhere.

6. Disagree. The market for 32 yr old DT's is not that lucrative.

7. Disagree. Tucker is a career backup OL and nothing more.

8. Disagree. Teague would be an awful LT, and if JJ leaves, MW will be moved before Trey.

9. Disagree. See above comments.

10. Agree. He's good depth and won't likely make more elsewhere.

11. Disagree. If at all possible, TD will keep Henry out of the division - maybe to TB.

12. Disagree. I bet Stamer doesn't even make the 2005 roster once better LB depth arrives via the draft.

13. Agree.

14. Agree!

5) JJ is gone.

6) PW is gone.

7) Tucker moves to OC.

8) Teague moves to LT.

I may be wrong at every turn, but there it is. At least I have the ba!!s to put forth my expectations, and I welcome comments.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

231411[/snapback]

You are right on the money. I count the 2005 season as the best season the bills will have had in a long time. Yes, people Drew Bledsoe is the starting QB.

I do expect alot of changed attitudes around this board.

5) JJ is gone.

6) PW is gone.

7) Tucker moves to OC.

8) Teague moves to LT.

231411[/snapback]

My version

- I also think Drew takes a pay cut and stays

- I think that Losman IS our opening day starter....I think that Drew comes back to campe a year older and understanding that it is not in his best interests to be "the man" and accepts the role of tutoring young Losman....who can gain from Bledsoe's experience.....Drew then gives us a durable insurance policy

- I think that Losman shows that what happed to him with Vincent was a "freak accident" but still gets dinged up the point where he misses 3 games this year at the max.

- I agree that TD signs a Villeyman type player for left guard...who I think is a very good guard

- I agree that Jennings is history

- I think Pat Williams stays

- I think Tucker beats out Teague at Center....and Teague then moves to the utilityman role and gives us incredible depth at C, G, and T

- I also think that Henry goes to Miami for Surtain....which I think is a excellent tradeoff....that gives us TWO shutdown corners....and a awesome set of safeties

- I also think that Stamer gets a long look....and I think they were smart to give him more time last year.....to tell the truth I like him more then Posey as a linebacker......

- I see the bills at 10-6