The AFC Beast

TPS

I think we have some Fiz revisionist history going on here

Fitz had a REALLY hard time performing when the pressure is up........we have all seen that......he does well until he actually needs to make a play to win the game.

Despite that number 6 defense that team was flat out horrible.....and their defensive coach just went to....wait for it....wait for it.....the BILLS

We are going to OWN the jets this year

No revision, I understand his limitations. he is good enough to keep them in games now that they've fixed their CB situation. A top 5 defense without a bona Fide QB. Sounds familiar... Edited by TPS

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defending Super Bowl champs.

Bills, Jets, and Dolphins all making moves to close the gap.

This year is going to be the most competitive in recent memory.

Personally, I think the Jets have made the biggest jump so far, though they were also the farthest back.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Great post, could not agree more.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Great post, could not agree more.

I don't buy that the Jets are going to go from 4-12 to playoff contender with a slight upgrade at QB and an all-pro cornerback. There are 20 other players on the field.

If Vick played all 16 games last year, I think they go 6-10, 7-9 max. Is Fitz that much better?

being a homer

Bills have done the most to improve but still need a TE to really improve the most 11-5 at best

Miami 2nd best with replacement of Cameron TE and Sue IF he can not get suspended for stomping on Brady 9-7 at best

NYEST upgrade over Gino and Vic and backfield. anything else? 7-9

Putrids .... lost talent regained some .... they manage to pull this magic trick yearly 10-6

Are you kidding?

Who were their corners last year? Yet, they were the #6 defense in yards allowed.

Fitzpatrick over geno any day. Look out! They are going to compete.

Agreed - last I knew, Fitzy beat Buffalo last season, and Revis is a shut down corner.

Not sure the Jets made the biggest leap though ... I would argue the Bills (Cassell, Harvin, McCoy) or Dolphins (N Suh) made biggest. Suh will be a b*tch to contend with. Can't wait to see him go after Brady and Fitz though.

Agreed - last I knew, Fitzy beat Buffalo last season, and Revis is a shut down corner.

Not sure the Jets made the biggest leap though ... I would argue the Bills (Cassell, Harvin, McCoy) or Dolphins (N Suh) made biggest. Suh will be a b*tch to contend with. Can't wait to see him go after Brady and Fitz though.

may I correct that please .. I believe this to be more to the truth

JJ Watt beat Buffalo last season as he sealed a victory for Houston in 4 other games

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Love what we have done.

Hate the Jets got Bowles....I'd feel much better if they had Marrone.

Bowles is their biggest improvement over last year. Moreso than Revis even. They are still a QB away from un-seating Brady and company though.

The addition of Suh to Miami's line is no joke. That defense just got some serious firepower. Miami put up some serious offense last year against some tough defenses. Their problem was that teams just needed to put an extra blocker on Wake and they could pretty much move to ball at will. They had one good pass rusher on D but Suh makes them worrisome to any offense. Last year there was a lot of talk about who was the best DLine in football. Buffalo's was in the conversation and so was Detriot's. There is no doubt in my mind now that Wake and Suh on the same line is not to be taken lightly.

Miami will be some competition. If Buffalo can pull off the Clay signing, perhaps they can make Miami take a small step backwards on offense while improving ours. This very much is one of Buffalo's biggest moves in FA for a number of reasons. Clay is very good at getting separation in short yardage situations and he is also an upgrade in blocking over Chandler. But the biggest advantage is his ability to fool defenses with presnap movement. Where Chandler would was known to be a threat as a pass catcher, Clay is a threat as both a pass catcher and a blocker. This gives the offense a greater element of surprise. Clay will be used to spring McCoy/Jackson or he can slip out for a quick dump off. This has Roman written all over it.

my definition of biggest leap means they will have the biggest change in the W column. If they go 8-8, that's a 4-game change.

I think the Pats will go 11-5 (-1 W)

Bills will win 10-11 games (+1-2 W)

Fins at best win 9, ( +1 or no change at 8Ws)

Jets 7-8 wins (+3-4)

Actually Fitz gave the Bills a chance to win last year. Also Fitz has NEVER beat Rex. I also think the Jets HC is going to crash and burn, especially with Chan as OC. Edited by Beef Jerky

Neither Revis nor Cromartie's play of late is giving a whiff of aging at this point. Sure they are getting older, but they are still playing at an extremely high level and are worth worrying about. Especially when they have Richardson and Wilkerson wrecking havoc on the DLine.

Can't intercept passes when we are running it down their throats

The best D's are Buffalo, NYJ, MIA, NE - in that order. Best offense is obviously New England. After that, Miami has the edge at QB while we have the edge in the running game and have the best receivers, while the Jets are still likely to struggle to score points.

Overall:

Bills: 1D/2O

Pats: 1O/4D

Fish: 3D/3O

Jets: 2D/4O

Bottom line: It's all about the QB. If we get passing comparable to what the Fish had last year with Tanny we'll be Super Bowl contenders. If we get more of the same lackluster play we've seen over the past couple years we're still playoff contenders, much like Arizona without Carson Palmer, but no threat to the top tier.

Defending Super Bowl champs.

Bills, Jets, and Dolphins all making moves to close the gap.

This year is going to be the most competitive in recent memory.

Personally, I think the Jets have made the biggest jump so far, though they were also the farthest back.

Someone agrees with you. They have the Bills as the 5th most improved after the first week. Miami 4th, and the Jets as the most improved. They have the Pats at 2nd worst.

It should be an interesting season in the AFC East. Go Bills

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/5-teams-that-got-worse-during-the-first-week-of-nfl-free-agency/ss-AA9QRaz

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/5-most-improved-teams-after-first-week-of-nfl-free-agency/ss-AA9QYVy#image=1

Edited by OldNMBillsFan

Someone agrees with you. They have the Bills as the 5th most improved after the first week. Miami 4th, and the Jets as the most improved. They have the Pats at 2nd worst.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/5-teams-that-got-worse-during-the-first-week-of-nfl-free-agency/ss-AA9QRaz

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/5-most-improved-teams-after-first-week-of-nfl-free-agency/ss-AA9QYVy#image=1

Cool, just like PPP...

can they list the Saints in both ???