Letter to Iran

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So an Islamic theocracy that refers to us as 'the great Satan', who vows to wipe Israel from the map, and happens to be an oil-rich country in addition to holding the 3rd largest oil reserves on Earth is developing nuclear technology for infrastructure and not for nuclear weapons?

And you believe them?

You can label their form.of government whatever you like, but the fact is US ...always held up as a shining example of global democracy ....invaded Iraq under completely false pretense and hundreds of thousands were killed. Israel is held up as "the only democracy in the region" and has a decades long and ongoing brutal occupation and ethnic cleansing of an indigeous peoples. So is it democracies we should be concerned with? We've already discusssd at length the basis for the rhetoric, why don't we try treating them better and see how that changes? They'd be one of a number of oil producing nations with existing or planned civilian nuclear energy program, Brazil and Saudi arabia some other examples ....nothing new there either. Nuclear is cleaner burning and less expensive to meet electricity needs, and countries also like alternative energy sources. They have this right under the NPT which they are signatory to Edited by JTSP

You can label their form.of government whatever you like, but the fact is US ...always held up as a shining example of global democracy ....invaded Iraq under completely false pretense and hundreds of thousands were killed. Israel is held up as "the only democracy in the region" and has a decades long and ongoing brutal occupation and ethnic cleansing of an indigeous peoples. So is it democracies we should be concerned with? We've already discusssd at length the basis for the rhetoric, why don't we try treating them better and see how that changes? They'd be one of a number of oil producing nations with existing or planned civilian nuclear energy program, Brazil and Saudi arabia some other examples ....nothing new there either. Nuclear is cleaner burning and less expensive to meet electricity needs, and countries also like alternative energy sources. They have this right under the NPT which they are signatory to

America is bad....so give Iran nuclear programs?

Not understanding the logic there, either. You wanna call the US hypocritical, go for it. You wanna say we have blood on our hands, that's fine. But this is still America, America's ally is still Israel and the government has an obligation to protect ourselves and ours from foreign powers. And that means not giving enemies nuclear capabilities. Even if it's hypocritical. I don't care.

Edited by FireChan

America is bad....so give Iran nuclear programs?

Not understanding the logic there, either. You wanna call the US hypocritical, go for it. You wanna say we have blood on our hands, that's fine. But this is still America, America's ally is still Israel and the government has an obligation to protect ourselves and ours from foreign powers. And that means not giving enemies nuclear capabilities. Even if it's hypocritical. I don't care.

you dont follow the logic because you're stupid. no one ever said "because US is this, Iran deserves that". i put forth examples where democracies have or are acting in a hostile manner to undermine the argument that iran's form of government somehow makes them more dangerous.

you dont follow the logic because you're stupid. no one ever said "because US is this, Iran deserves that". i put forth examples where democracies have or are acting in a hostile manner to undermine the argument that iran's form of government somehow makes them more dangerous.

What about "that refers to us as 'the great Satan', who vows to wipe Israel from the map?" I thought that had a little more importance in Azalin's post.

The logic that the Iranian theocracy isn't something to worry about, because there are some bad democracies is interesting. It's stupid, but interesting.

Edited by FireChan

What about "that refers to us as 'the great Satan', who vows to wipe Israel from the map?" I thought that had a little more importance in Azalin's post.

The logic that the Iranian theocracy isn't something to worry about, because there are some bad democracies is interesting. It's stupid, but interesting.

been covered multiple times. the iranian politician who that quote is attributed to is no longer power. it was made in another language, and different interpretations have been offered he was referring to their government and their racist, ethnic cleansing practices, and not to the jewish people as a whole. During last year's Gaza invasion the current regime made clear their comments refer to a democractic solution in israel wherein everyone under israel control -- including occupied territories -- have a right to vote, as a means to bringing down the government officials that support the racist policies. again, not to the jewish people. But of course groups looking to bait us into a war with them need sound bites, if not that theyd find something else to distort -- you know, stuff for weak minds like yours

And btw there exists an ancient and longstading jewish community in Iran ("Persian Jews"). If Iran was so intent on eliminating jews explain why this community exists within Iran:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_Jews

Edited by JTSP

been covered multiple times. the iranian politician who that quote is attributed to is no longer power. it was made in another language, and different interpretations have been offered he was referring to their government and their racist, ethnic cleansing practices, and not to the jewish people as a whole. During last year's Gaza invasion the current regime made clear their comments refer to a democractic solution in israel wherein everyone under israel control -- including occupied territories -- have a right to vote, as a means to bringing down the government officials that support the racist policies. again, not to the jewish people. But of course groups looking to bait us into a war with them need sound bites, if not that theyd find something else to distort -- you know, stuff for weak minds like yours

And btw there exists an ancient and longstading jewish community in Iran ("Persian Jews"). If Iran was so intent on eliminating jews explain why this community exists within Iran:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_Jews

A group of 8 thousand Jews in a population of 77 million? Okay.

They are intent on destroying Israel. I never said they wished to eliminate all Jews.

They are intent on destroying Israel. I never said they wished to eliminate all Jews.

The quote isn't Israel will be wiped off the map the quote is the Zionist regime will fade from the pages of history- The public Iranian stance is that the State of Israel is an illegitimate colonel occupation and will not last long term - long term to Persians might mean 5000 years - here's a joke do you know what the difference between America and yogurt is? If you leave yogurt alone for 200 years it'll grow a culture.

Ever stop to think that if Iran unleashed a boat load of nukes capable of "destroying" Israel they would also be "destroying" the 6 million or so arabs that live in Israel and the occupied territories? Before spouting your hysterical nonsense that can lead to more americans dying for unjustified causes, why dont you consider such things? I think the nearly 5,000 dead and tens of thousands of americans wounded in Iraq deserve better than for us to buy hook, line and sinker the propaganda of a con artist like this:

Edited by JTSP

Ever stop to think that if Iran unleashed a boat load of nukes capable of "destroying" Israel they would also be "destroying" the 6 million or so arabs that live in Israel and the occupied territories? Before spouting your hysterical nonsense that can lead to more americans dying for unjustified causes, why dont you consider such things? I think the nearly 5,000 dead and tens of thousands of americans wounded in Iraq deserve better than for us to buy hook, line and sinker the propaganda of a con artist like this:

You claim the Iranians are rational. I don't believe they are.

Americans will die if we don't grant Iran a nuclear program? Why?

The quote isn't Israel will be wiped off the map the quote is the Zionist regime will fade from the pages of history- The public Iranian stance is that the State of Israel is an illegitimate colonel occupation and will not last long term - long term to Persians might mean 5000 years - here's a joke do you know what the difference between America and yogurt is? If you leave yogurt alone for 200 years it'll grow a culture.

Is the joke relevant? Edited by FireChan

Ever stop to think that if Iran unleashed a boat load of nukes capable of "destroying" Israel they would also be "destroying" the 6 million or so arabs that live in Israel and the occupied territories?

Since when do Persians care about Arabs? I guess they all look the same to you?

You claim the Iranians are rational. I don't believe they are.

Americans will die if we don't grant Iran a nuclear program? Why?

Is the joke relevant?

the all encompassing crap contention when all else fails and you can no longer respond to specific points. how about this then: explain how an "irrational" people bent on "martyrdom" have survived for several millennium?

You can label their form.of government whatever you like, but the fact is US ...always held up as a shining example of global democracy ....invaded Iraq under completely false pretense and hundreds of thousands were killed. Israel is held up as "the only democracy in the region" and has a decades long and ongoing brutal occupation and ethnic cleansing of an indigeous peoples. So is it democracies we should be concerned with? We've already discusssd at length the basis for the rhetoric, why don't we try treating them better and see how that changes? They'd be one of a number of oil producing nations with existing or planned civilian nuclear energy program, Brazil and Saudi arabia some other examples ....nothing new there either. Nuclear is cleaner burning and less expensive to meet electricity needs, and countries also like alternative energy sources. They have this right under the NPT which they are signatory to

I'm labeling their government exactly as it is, and telling you exactly why I think it's a mistake to allow them even a possibility of developing nuclear arms. You on the other hand are doing verbal back flips about Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Brazil, ethnic cleansing, and whatever else you can toss into the equation, and saying that we've discussed the rhetoric at length. There is no rhetoric in what I'm saying, and my point can't possibly be any more plain - I believe it would be a huge mistake to allow Iran to attain any form of nuclear arms.

Further, it is completely beyond my ability to comprehend why any American would think that Iran + nuclear weapons is not a very bad idea.

I'm labeling their government exactly as it is, and telling you exactly why I think it's a mistake to allow them even a possibility of developing nuclear arms. You on the other hand are doing verbal back flips about Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Brazil, ethnic cleansing, and whatever else you can toss into the equation, and saying that we've discussed the rhetoric at length. There is no rhetoric in what I'm saying, and my point can't possibly be any more plain - I believe it would be a huge mistake to allow Iran to attain any form of nuclear arms.

Further, it is completely beyond my ability to comprehend why any American would think that Iran + nuclear weapons is not a very bad idea.

Because he's an idiot...

Since when do Persians care about Arabs? I guess they all look the same to you?

yeah I know, their staunch support of Palestineans (Arabs) is due to them being an irrational, suicidal peoples ... there, i just saved you the trouble of typing an idiotic typical response

whats the value of a label if youre not attaching associations with it?

said many times, a tightly monitored civilian program is better than an unregulated one ... thats the choice. please use search for now on, the redundancy is tiring

Edited by JTSP

yeah I know, their staunch support of Palestineans (Arabs) is due to them being an irrational, suicidal peoples ... there, i just saved you the trouble of an typing an idiotic typical response

Staunch support? What have they done besides provide arms to Hamas?

Have you noticed that all the staunch supporters don't actually do anything for the Palestinian refugees such as in Lebanon and Jordan?

yeah I know, their staunch support of Palestineans (Arabs) is due to them being an irrational, suicidal peoples ... there, i just saved you the trouble of typing an idiotic typical response

whats the value of a label if youre not attaching associations with it?

said many times, a tightly monitored civilian program is better than an unregulated one ... thats the choice. please use search for now on, the redundancy is tiring

Good lord, now you're talking nuclear energy? You're having a conversation that I am not.

Staunch support? What have they done besides provide arms to Hamas?

Have you noticed that all the staunch supporters don't actually do anything for the Palestinian refugees such as in Lebanon and Jordan?

ill let you google it to see what their relations have been ... but clearly theyve been supporters of palestineans (who are arabs) and vocal critics of the israeli occupation. Seems to me most of all the Middle East countries ... you want to get hung up on the word "staunch" because your claim they dont care about arabs was so utterly and easily refuted. so be it, I dont care

Good lord, now you're talking nuclear energy? You're having a conversation that I am not.

uh yeah, you think a deal explicitly provides them with weapons? lol, good grief no wonder youre all worked up