For all you old-time Buffalo sports fans out there

A shout out to Nolan Johannes and Johnny and Jimmy! What's the count and the amount, Nolan? 8 from the bottom, Dave!

Good times indeed!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Every morning!

I have not seen anyone mention Rocket ship 7 and The Commander Tom show. I use what these shows before and after school.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

thank you! i grew up with all of them.. i especially remember chuck healy on the bowling show "beat the champ".. on sat eves..

Chuck Healy and Wrestling, remember when Hanz Schmidt hit with a forearm, pretty good acting for the time period.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your not old; you still remember the good stuff. I sometimes delivered the Buffalo Evening News to Bill Mazur, another great one. I'm trying to remember who broadcast the Bison baseball games from Offerman Stadium.

i think it could have been frank dill.. later phil soisson.. and of course bill mazur did everything back then.(pre bills) "whiteowl wallop"..i was fortunate to see luke easter play at offerman , but i was really young, very vague.. but remember how gorgeous offerman was.. a fenway park type place..

Edited by dwight in philly

Wow. Thanks GoBillsinDallas for posting. My brother & I would watch Chuck Healy with "Beat the Champ" and be all psyched up about bowling, that we would set up in our cellar a "bowing alley". We would use 3 empty cardboard quart sized milk cartons as pins, and at the other end of the cellar, roll a basketball at the pins. While one of us was taking our turn, the other would be "pin spotting", talking like Healy. Funny thing, if you kicked out the back right pin too much to the right, the "pin" would go into the sewer drain!!! We grew up in a house that was built in the 20's. Great memories. Go Bills.