If I were an Eagles fan and read this quote

Like A Mofo

"When we got here, no one ever gave us a chance," McNabb said. "But I bet you everyone was on the edge of their seats when we went back out their with 50 seconds left. We possibly could have won the game."

So Donovan, are you saying that its ok that you beat the oddsmakers and had a shot to win? Its almost like he is ok with that, as long as everyone "was on the edge of their seats" its ok??? Or am I reading too much into it?

One other thing pissed me off about McNabb last night....He throws a terrible interception late in the 4th quarter in New England territory and then points to himself as in "my fault". No sh-- sherlock...the SB is on the line and you just threw a terrible fuggin' pass. Instead of being "Mr. Accountable", how about making a big play with the game on the line.

"When we got here, no one ever gave us a chance," McNabb said. "But I bet you everyone was on the edge of their seats when we went back out their with 50 seconds left. We possibly could have won the game."

So Donovan, are you saying that its ok that you beat the oddsmakers and had a shot to win?  Its almost like he is ok with that, as long as everyone "was on the edge of their seats" its ok??? Or am I reading too much into it?

231005[/snapback]

Is that a direct quote? I have a hard time believing a journalist would use "their" instead of "there".

One other thing pissed me off about McNabb last night....He throws a terrible interception late in the 4th quarter in New England territory and then points to himself as in "my fault".  No sh-- sherlock...the SB is on the line and you just threw a terrible fuggin' pass.  Instead of being "Mr. Accountable", how about making a big play with the game on the line.

231044[/snapback]

Yeah. He could have just ripped off his chin strap, dropped his head, and jogged slowly off the field mumbling to himself - ensuring his team NO CHANCE of winning the game.

The Patriots defense has a way of doing that to VERY good QBs. It'd be luck if it didn't happen so often. DM "spit the bit" a couple of times yesterday but without him the Iggles probably don't even make the playoffs.

My read on this quote is that McNabb never really thought the his team ever had a shot. In reality, they did and I would even say should have at the very least tied that game last night. They came out on that final drive acting as if they had no chance in hell. When a team thinks that way, they don't have a chance in hell.

Yeah.  He could have just ripped off his chin strap, dropped his head, and jogged slowly off the field mumbling to himself - ensuring his team NO CHANCE of winning the game. 

The Patriots defense has a way of doing that to VERY good QBs.  It'd be luck if it didn't happen so often.  DM "spit the bit" a couple of times yesterday but without him the Iggles probably don't even make the playoffs.

231176[/snapback]

It just seemed like a strange thing to do. That gesture seems more approriate if you do it in the first quarter when there is plenty of time to make amends for a mistake.

You are right about the fact that the Eagles would not be in the SB without him, but.....

he "spit the bit" quite a few more than a "couple of times". :lol:

PS Chin strap ripping & head dropping while doing a slow jog has been trademarked by Joe Ferguson and cannot be done without his permission. :doh:

So Donovan, are you saying that its ok that you beat the oddsmakers and had a shot to win?  Its almost like he is ok with that, as long as everyone "was on the edge of their seats" its ok??? Or am I reading too much into it?

231005[/snapback]

That does reek of "we're just happy to be here".

Athletes are always saying they don't read the papers; but then they base their hunger to win on other people's expectations? I do think that's kind of a loser's mentality.

I mean, it's entirely possible that he wanted to win the game as much as anybody; and was just putting a positive spin on a question that was asked of him. I just think that's a dumb thing for him to say.

After the Falcons win he said "a lot of people counted us out, etc". Who? Like you weren't favored to win that game? I like McNabb but he always does that "us against the world" crappy routine.

The Patriots beat the Rams because Brady and the rest of the team wanted to win for themselves; I don't they cared so much about proving John the Sportswriter wrong. That may be part of the reason they win as favorites AND underdogs. The pointspread doesn't matter to them, and it shouldn't.

231005[/snapback]

no, yur not reading too much into it at all. McNabb, like the poster before me said, was simply happy to be in the SB. It's really shocking he would say something like that, almost like, "well, hey at least we made it close, no one expected that..." What a bunch of BS. Hey McNabb, you don't get the win if you cover the spread buddy. Foolish comment, and if I was a Iggle fan, i'd be woried about where his head is at.

Is that a direct quote? I have a hard time believing a journalist would use "their" instead of "there".

231132[/snapback]

Actually brain, "their" is correct. A possessive their, the seats belong to the people. If you want to correct the post, get the info right.