Do you think Hughes is worth a big new deal or move on

Sign Hughes to a deal  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign Hughes to a new Contract

The Bills have enough talent on defense to not overpay anyone except perhaps Dareus. Dareus is defensive bedrock. Hughes is perhaps the 4th to 6th best player out of 11 starters. Over 9 million a year can be spent elsewhere and the defense could still improve. FA and the draft will yield some capable pass rushers to play opposite Mario that may not rush as well as Hughes, but may play the run better or drop into zones better. The addition of a stout 2-gapper will take pressure off of Hughes position as it is. Who will be the next Branch?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have enough talent on defense to not overpay anyone except perhaps Dareus. Dareus is defensive bedrock. Hughes is perhaps the 4th to 6th best player out of 11 starters. Over 9 million a year can be spent elsewhere and the defense could still improve. FA and the draft will yield some capable pass rushers to play opposite Mario that may not rush as well as Hughes, but may play the run better or drop into zones better. The addition of a stout 2-gapper will take pressure off of Hughes position as it is. Who will be the next Branch?

you mean alan branch in theory. not the one we put on the field as a Bill , right ? the fat lazy late to camp one. right ?

if thats true i agree.

Those that say its too black and white, and they want him, but don't want to overpay......how much is overpaying? I really want him back. I don't want to lay him 14 mill, but I'm ok with up to 12. And if it happens to be 13+ so be it. I know what we're getting with Hughes. He's a fiery competitor and is effective getting to the QB. Dominating joe Thomas the way he did really shows how good he can be. His penalties suck, but I'm hoping he cleans that up some. He's improved vs the run and is only 26. Really hope he comes back for less than 10 a year, lots of guaranteed money.

Watch manny lawson get.the.same.production this year. you can plug a lot of guys in his situation and they'll do well.

Plus manny runs better.and at 6'5 can handle TE's in coverage and will get batted balls.

does anybody really think Jerry wasn't trying when he was playing for Indianapolis?

Watch manny lawson get.the.same.production this year. you can plug a lot of guys in his situation and they'll do well.

Plus manny runs better.and at 6'5 can handle TE's in coverage and will get batted balls.

does anybody really think Jerry wasn't trying when he was playing for Indianapolis?

Most of this doesn't make much sense but I don't think you care why

the colts are actually rumored to have expressed interest. Not sure what to make of that.

After watching where Suh went, and seeing some of the teams with the highest cap space still didn't get anything done, I think it is time to break the bank for Hughes. I think it will be extremely hard to grab defensive players once the 10th officially happens.