Guess the Bills Free Agent Signings

yes, that's where that big thread came from. some people with "inside info" have stated that the Bills looked into trading for him but felt like his current contract was too much to take on and that they felt that Davis would be cut since nobody was interested in paying him his current deal

:wub:

This makes me happy

I don't think there was. But would you really want Vernon? A 31 year old TE whos on the decline? I'd rather go with Cameron or Gresham.

Look at his stats minus last year and I think he still has what it takes

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/2/11/8009979/49ers-salary-cap-2015-vernon-davis-cap-casualty-candidate

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is saying Vernon Davis.

Do we all thing this is a real possibility?

But get my hopes up only to break my heart.

I've been hurt too many times :cry:

CBF

Kevin Massare follows

RUMOR; #49ers looking for cap space & 31 Yr old TE Vernon Davis with over $4 mill & last yr of contract could be a target for Tuesday #NFL

Doug Free, T

Mike Iupati, G

Brooks Reed (Jerry Hughes reclamation project 2.0)

Henry Hynoski/Cory Harkey (Top shelf run blockers)

(Assumes Jerry Hughes isn't resigned and that the Bills find TE additions via draft)

A lot of people saying Bulaga & Doug Free (I'd like to see Derek Newton) but a tackle AND a guard would surprise me.

Glenn, Henderson, Kouandjio

Icognito, Richardson, Urbik, Williams

Wood

I expect a guard to be added. Richie or Urbik will likely be the backup center. That would put us at 9 olinemen. One of Williams/Urbik/Icgonito might not make it out of camp, but I would be pretty surprised to see them add 2 starting linemen through FA. I think our RT will likely be whoever wins the job between Cyrus and Henderson.

Why does everbody think Rex runs the FA picks. That is what the GM does. Imput yes. Final say no. Same with the draft. Doug came from Pittsburg. He knows what he is doing. Rex is only a partner.

I don't think it's unreasonable to imagine we'll bring in at least one defensive player Rex is familiar with, regardless of Doug or Rex making the decision.

A lot of people saying Bulaga & Doug Free (I'd like to see Derek Newton) but a tackle AND a guard would surprise me.

Glenn, Henderson, Kouandjio

Icognito, Richardson, Urbik, Williams

Wood

I expect a guard to be added. Richie or Urbik will likely be the backup center. That would put us at 9 olinemen. One of Williams/Urbik/Icgonito might not make it out of camp, but I would be pretty surprised to see them add 2 starting linemen through FA. I think our RT will likely be whoever wins the job between Cyrus and Henderson.

Urbik and Williams are getting cut. Saves $5 mil.

• One more solid offensive lineman
  • A solid TE
  • Another QB, pick one, we need three for good competition (I am dismissing Tuel as not an ideal option.)
  • Another fast, multi-down, LB that blends speed with power and lots of tackles
  • Someone to replace Jerry when we lose him to free agency
  • Someone to replace Searcy because he is probably gone too (Duke works, but depth?)

These needs are pretty much the same ones everyone has posted. Probably because common sense says they are what they are... I believe in Whaley, getting used to the idea of Rex in general, beginning to think there is hope... Go Bills!!!

Aaron Rodgers - QB

J.J. Watt - DE

Marshall Yanda - OG

Luke Kuechly - MLB

Rob Gronkowski - TE

Anything short of that (although I could probably live with Luck instead of Rodgers), and Doug needs to go!

Super Bowl!!!!!!!