Bryce Petty and Garrett Grayson

After watching the combine. From what I saw in the throwing drills, Bryce threw EVERY pass as Good or Better than the top 2 boys. Can`t wait for Graysons pro-day. I think Petty and Grayson are every bit as good. Who is left at our pick in the 2nd I would grab him. Got to keep picking till we find one. These two are hard working and hate to lose.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Petty isn't that good, probably on EJs level.

Petty 3rd down conversion rate was 29%, the average for starting QBs in the NFL were over 39%+. The only two QBs starting in the NFL that were not at least 39%+ in college were Tannehill(33%) and Newton(29%).

EJ for example had a 3rd down conversion rate of 30%.

Grayson has the second highest 3rd down conversion rate of any QB coming out at 41%.

Winston (43%)

Mariotta (40%)

Edited by Beef Jerky

Grayson has pulled away from Petty as the #3 QB. Petty is a 1 read rock and throw QB. No one knows how he would do in a progression offense, same worries for Marriota. These guys had no anticipation throws. NFL is almost all anticipation throws.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Petty's footwork needs a lot of work. He relies solely on his arm. Also given that he came from a one read system, I don't know if he can adjust to a pro style offense.

Brett Hundley's footwork looked better, but he took an awful lot of sacks in college. Was it the line's fault or WR not getting open, was he too slow or confused by defenses, I don't know.

Grayson intrigued me from pure numbers standpoint. But I think he would need to prove himself also.

Grayson has pulled away from Petty as the #3 QB. Petty is a 1 read rock and throw QB. No one knows how he would do in a progression offense, same worries for Marriota. These guys had no anticipation throws. NFL is almost all anticipation throws.

Why do we have coaches ?

Petty's footwork needs a lot of work. He relies solely on his arm. Also given that he came from a one read system, I don't know if he can adjust to a pro style offense.

Brett Hundley's footwork looked better, but he took an awful lot of sacks in college. Was it the line's fault or WR not getting open, was he too slow or confused by defenses, I don't know.

Grayson intrigued me from pure numbers standpoint. But I think he would need to prove himself also.

Why do we have coaches ?

Petty isn't that good, probably on EJs level.

Petty 3rd down conversion rate was 29%, the average for starting QBs in the NFL were over 39%+. The only two QBs starting in the NFL that were not at least 39%+ in college were Tannehill(33%) and Newton(29%).

EJ for example had a 3rd down conversion rate of 30%.

Grayson has the second highest 3rd down conversion rate of any QB coming out at 41%.

Winston (43%)

Mariotta (40%)

I'm glad the verdict is already in on Bryce petty's pro career. Here I was thinking the whole draft thing was kind of a crapshoot. Fwiw petty is the guy I want. Shows what I know.

I think Grayson is who Grayson is. He's already playing at his highest potential, which isn't all that great. Petty has a higher ceiling but is also a bigger risk. Tough call, not sold on either of them but here we are in a position where we need a QB and there aren't any good free agents or guys in the draft (unless you are picking 1st)

he Quebec wonders with Fitzpatrick when he was here last time. Fitz didn't regress at all under his tutelage

They are teachers of mechanics, they don't improve talent. The Mannings loved working with Lee in off seasons. Off seasons is where the real work happens though. EJ for example has his own QB coach. It's actually hard because you got 1 guy teaching 1 thing and the teams QB coach will have to adapt. Edited by TheTruthHurts

They are teachers of mechanics, they don't improve talent. The Mannings loved working with Lee in off seasons. Off seasons is where the real work happens though. EJ for example has his own QB coach. It's actually hard because you got 1 guy teaching 1 thing and the teams QB coach will have to adapt.

from what I understand, many QBs have an offseason coach separate from the team's.

My prediction is that the Bills will draft Bryce Petty out of Baylor. if that happens I will

be a very happy man. I feel he is the best QB in this draft. Yes you heard me right.

He will have a better career then Winston and Mariotta. Many of the experts at the combine

said he threw the best ball and his arm is a rocket. One guy said it hurt to catch his balls.

I done some scouting on this guy. I have listen to his interviews and how he carries himself.

This guy is a leader and the way he comes across reminds me of a Russel Wilson.

This guy is 6 foot 3 inches tall and 230 pounds. Proto type QB he is the total package.

My prediction is the Bills will Draft him and they will never look back. I still feel the Bills

will sign a Vet QB my hope is it will be Matt Moore and he will start the year out as the opening day QB. But by years end Bryce Petty will lead us to the Playoffs. I encourage you all to go

on the Internet and watch some of his game play and listen to his interviews.

The guy is more then a 1 read QG. Watch how he throws the ball where only his

reciever can catch it. In the past before the Bills made there selections in drafts

I was one of those guys who wanted the Bills to draft Russel Wilson and then

Collin Kapernick. So here we are again at a new draft and if I'm the Bills GM

I would Draft Bryce Petty QB out of Baylor University. Bills can sign a lot

of free agents because Pegula is willing to spend the money. So what ever short

comings we have can be done in Free agency. But when it comes to the QB

the draft is where we will get are franchise QB. That Franchise QB is one

Bryce Petty. They should not wait to the 3rd

round because he will not be there. As a matter

of fact he could slip into the end of the first round.

So the bills might have to trade up or if he is there

at pick 50 which is there first pick in the 2nd round they should pull the trigger.

from what I understand, many QBs have an offseason coach separate from the team's.

Yeah. Tom Brady credits his personal throwing coach for his development. Manning also meticulous in the offseason working with QB coaches.

Honestly the best thing I think a team can do is leave their QB alone just install the offense and surround him with talent. Don't fool with his game too much.

You know what is great, the throwing coach Brady credits with his development also worked with Jamarcus Russell. I mean it really is all about the player and not the coaches.