Now THAT'S a halftime show.

_BiB_

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His latest album (KLSTRPHNKY) is really good.  He still tears it up.

Gotta love "Great White Buffalo".

231360[/snapback]

That happens to be my favorite song off the album. I haven't kept pace with Ted for many years. The last couple of studio albums he put out after the live album all began to sound the same to me. I saw him in concert at least 5 times, and I agree he is an extremely talented guitar player. Not only does he have chops but the sounds he coaxes out of his guitar are awesome. It's good to see that he still "shreds" it up.

Bottom line is that music is a young person’s game and watching ageing stars, like Paul McCartney was not only boring but painful.

231240[/snapback]

Speak for yourself! The Beatles are the greatest band of all time! I listen to everything-alternative, jazz, classical, rap, techno, classic rock, blues. Its all good! So you like The Killers, Maroon 5, and Green Day? They are all pretty solid but very trendy. They are all in the top 30 right now and have not been around awhile(that is besides Green Day). The Beatles have over 200 songs and almost everyone is a classic. The Beatles solo careers were all great. Try and open your horizons. If all you listen to is stuff on the Billboard top 30 you are limiting yourself. Ashley Simpson sold over a million too. Would you rather have her perform at the Superbowl? For most knowledable music fans it was a treat to see Mcartney

For most knowledable music fans it was a treat to see Mcartney

231785[/snapback]

That's as close-minded of a statement as the post you were replying to.

You're right - mainstream music today is full of flash-in-the-pan "rock" or "punk" groups. But to say this poster is not knowledgable because he doesn't enjoy the Beatles or Mcartney is being as close minded as he is. I loved his performance last night, and some of my favortie bands are those that are not "popular" (Jets to Brazil, for example), but I can't stand the Beatles either. I think their music is boring, moody, and to melancholy.

For most knowledable music fans it was a treat to see Mcartney

That's as close-minded of a statement as the post you were replying to.

You're right - mainstream music today is full of flash-in-the-pan "rock" or "punk" groups. But to say this poster is not knowledgable because he doesn't enjoy the Beatles or Mcartney is being as close minded as he is. I loved his performance last night, and some of my favortie bands are those that are not "popular" (Jets to Brazil, for example), but I can't stand the Beatles either. I think their music is boring, moody, and to melancholy.

231803[/snapback]

Reading comprehension 101- "most" does not mean 100%. Most means the majority. That is not to say that many knowedable music fans were not impressed with the performance, but "most" were. If you need any other help with English please let me know- I will try and help you out when I have the time

BTW please point out were I accused this poster of not being knowedgable

Reading comprehension 101-  "most" does not mean 100%.  Most means the majority.  That is not to say that many knowedable music fans were not impressed with the performance, but "most" were.  If you need any other help with English please let me know- I will try and help you out when I have the time

231810[/snapback]

oh settle the f-ck down, pete. Don't get all high and mighty because I suggested that not everyone has to want to deep throat the Beatles to be able to appreciate good music.

I'm available Tueday after 6:00pm if you have room for an English lesson...

Man, talk about over reacting...

oh settle the f-ck down, pete. Don't get all high and mighty because I suggested that not everyone has to want to deep throat the Beatles to be able to appreciate god music.

I'm available Tueday after 6:00pm if you have room for an English lesson...

Man, talk about over reacting...

231811[/snapback]

I am laughing dude. Lighten up. I could care less if people like the Beatles or not. Music is subjective. BTW I leave for Europe next Tuesday. My flight leaves at 6:30 in NYC so I cant help you with English for awhile. Maybe when I get back

I am laughing dude.  Lighten up.  I could care less if people like the Beatles or not.  Music is subjective.  BTW I leave for Europe next Tuesday.  My flight leaves at 6:30 in NYC so I cant help you with English for awhile.  Maybe when I get back

231813[/snapback]

Learn to spell "can't", the use of "a while", and to throw a period at the end of a sentence and I'll book my lesson.

The songs he sang, were the lyrics altered by the NFL? I heard something like the NFL had enbedded lyrics. Is this true?

Was it the Doors that agreed to change it's lyrics for Ed Sullivan, than when live, they did the original words "Girl, we couldn't get much higher (Light My Fire)?" Or was it a 'Stones song? I thought they "towed the line?"

If this is true, I can't believe PMc actually agreed to it?

Of course, I didn't watch the show. I turn it off at halftime. :w00t:

???

The NFL said that if everyone keeps bitchin and moaning about who's going to do the halftime shows, they'll be forced to reunite "Up with People".

231825[/snapback]

:w00t::w00t:

What they should do his just throw a marching band on the field and throw everyone into a tizzy!

It is really sad what the SB has become, such an elitist endeavour. Did anyone catch Jeff Gordon, right before half ordering his dinner?

I was impressed!

:w00t:

:w00t:  :w00t:

What they should do his just throw a marching band on the field and throw everyone into a tizzy!

It is really sad what the SB has become, such an elitist endeavour.  Did anyone catch Jeff Gordon, right before half ordering his dinner?

I was impressed!

:w00t:

231830[/snapback]

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Bruce Springstein at a Superbowl halftime. But I'm sure the youngsters wouldn't be cool with that.

And you're correcting why?

Anything wrong with this first sentence?

"oh settle the f-ck down, pete."

231861[/snapback]

Are you dumb, or just inattentive? HE was the one offering English lessons, not me. Oh, and the question arises, why the hell do you feel you need to get involved?

Are you dumb, or just inattentive? HE was the one offering English lessons, not me. Oh, and the question arises, why the hell do you feel you need to get involved?

231865[/snapback]

Its a message board putz, anyone can chime in when they want. Just like you do all the time.

Relax grasshopper :w00t: