could Buffalo become a Head Coach prime destination?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ever admit that you're wrong? Or do you just keep changing your argument every time it's proven wrong to keep arguing?

EXAMPLE:

http://www.businessinsider.com/jack-bogle-mutual-fund-wealth-2012-8

But go ahead and explain how John Bogle didn't really give away most of his money to charities throughout his life and how he's "probably hiding hundreds of millions of dollars" because "that's what rich people do." You seem so keyed in to billionaires' financial inner-workings.

Cool man, if you want to believe that the President / CEO of a $3Trillion mutual fund is worth less than 0.0033% of his company then that is your prerogative. Me, I live in the real world.

Right. because the entire financial world is conspiring to hide the truth about John Bolge's wealth. Business Insider, Forbes, they're all in on it.

Real world my ass.

He's a crafty one for sure. He even went so far as to write a whole book explaining why his philosophy on life capped his personal wealth!

http://www.amazon.com/Enough-True-Measures-Money-Business/dp/0470524235

By an owner who felt backed into a corner, and decided blowing the whole thing up was better than fixing the front office piecemeal. Yes, he was technically fired. No, it wasn't your typical "coach who failed" situation.

Woody was "backed into a corner"? "Technically fired"? Rex was not a "coach who failed"?

There was talk of "playoffs or bust" for the Jets before the season started. When they went 1-6, there was speculation that he might get fired mid-season. He was in charge when Sanchez went from decent AFCC-bound game manager to Tim Tebow's backup. Not only did Rex bring in Tebow, he followed that with Vick and then drafted Geno. During this stretch he hired 3 different OC's.

Rex earned his firing, no one was backed into a corner.

As for "technically fired", I guess that would describe every HC who was let go by his team this off-season, right?

Edited by Mr. WEO

Our practice facility and stadium are brand new. No way yours is any nicer. Rex is all about showing his enthusiasm, so you could have had **** hole locker room and he was going to tap dance

The stadium for sure. The Bills practice facility has been considered the best in the league since it opened. At best there are now facilities in its league (like the one in Tampa). You'd be hard pressed to find one nicer (which is a huge reason that the Bills have recruited well in FA).

This tweet by Jay Skurski says:

Rex Ryan, briefly introducing his coordinators, jokes "I'm lucky my owner has deep pockets."

---

When coaches decide on taking a job, wouldn't the wealth (compared to other owners) be a very major factor?

I would think that the wealth of the owner is probably more important for front office/coaches types rather than for players (unless it's a contract in the upper tiers perhaps).

Just another +1 for Pegula...

IMO yes, wisely spending money on coaches, facilities, etc can attract player talent at lower salary amounts. Also, winning.

I'm happy to see lots of splashes this year and last as previously we could count on about one big splash per season. Hope to see more during FA.

Your stadium in New Jersey?

I live in NJ so I have no issue with the stadium not being in NYC

The stadium for sure. The Bills practice facility has been considered the best in the league since it opened. At best there are now facilities in its league (like the one in Tampa). You'd be hard pressed to find one nicer (which is a huge reason that the Bills have recruited well in FA).

You get like 100 feet of snow a year up there. You really think FA's care about the practice facility???

Any FA's priority list:

#1 Money!

#2 Winning culture

#3 Location (weather, near family, ect)

#4 Good opportunity to start and play as much as possible

#382 Practice facility condition

SMH

You get like 100 feet of snow a year up there. You really think FA's care about the practice facility???

Any FA's priority list:

#1 Money!

#2 Winning culture

SMH

Sorry, man obviously you don't know much about the FA process. The money is fairly comparable everywhere and ultimately wins out. The tiebreakers come to quality of life. Is this somewhere where they want to work? Do they like the coaches? Scheme? Facility? Is this a good place for their family?

Sorry, man obviously you don't know much about the FA process. The money is fairly comparable everywhere and ultimately wins out. The tiebreakers come to quality of life. Is this somewhere where they want to work? Do they like the coaches? Scheme? Facility? Is this a good place for their family?

Winning is important to FAs. I agree facilities are important. Who wants to work in a dump? Mostly, it's about respect which is reinforced by various factors already mentioned.

Edited by Nihilist25

Winning is important to FAs. I agree facilities are important. Who wants to work in a dump? Mostly, it's about respect which is reinforced by various factors already mentioned.

It's something that teams have put a HUGE emphasis on over the last decade. They believe that quality of life will win tiebreakers so they are focusing on it.

The tiebreakers come to quality of life. Is this somewhere where they want to work? Do they like the coaches? Scheme? Facility? Is this a good place for their family?

That's why winning culture and location were number 2 and 3 on the list. Coaches, scheme, good place for their family... All falls under that.

Practice facility and a nice locker room has ZERO influence. And if it did, your 100 feet of snow cancels it out about 100 times over.

It's something that teams have put a HUGE emphasis on over the last decade. They believe that quality of life will win tiebreakers so they are focusing on it.

What teams have the worst practice facilities in 2015? I remember like 10 years back certain teams had bad facilities, but I'm pretty sure almost every team has upgraded, I mean most teams have new stadiums in the last decade..... Ummmmm except y'all. LOL

The fact that your stadium situation is so up in the air is an issue. FA's won't know exactly where they should buy a home, which I'm sure makes their wives pissed.

That's why winning culture and location were number 2 and 3 on the list. Coaches, scheme, good place for their family... All falls under that.

Practice facility and a nice locker room has ZERO influence. And if it did, your 100 feet of snow cancels it out about 100 times over.

What teams have the worst practice facilities in 2015? I remember like 10 years back certain teams had bad facilities, but I'm pretty sure almost every team has upgraded, I mean most teams have new stadiums in the last decade..... Ummmmm except y'all. LOL

The fact that your stadium situation is so up in the air is an issue. FA's won't know exactly where they should buy a home, which I'm sure makes their wives pissed.

Stadium situation isn't up in the air. The new ownership wants a downtown stadium and it will be coming in 5 years or whatever the lease says. They have it down to 4 locations.

You can believe it or not but if you speak with people in the industry they will tell you otherwise. You just referenced how all of these teams have upgraded their facilities and then proceeded to say that it didn't matter. They just did it because they wanted to invest millions? The salary cap era makes things like that even more important. You can make the same money to play in Buffalo, Cleveland, Houston, Oakland, Miami, Nee Orleans, etc... What is ultimately going to make that decision? Money comes first (almost always). Fit comes 2nd and there are many arms and legs to fit (as I alluded to earlier). It depends on what it is that is important to a particular FA. The appeal of the Bills is the work environment (both people and facilities). In addition, it is a great place for family oriented players (like a Fred Jackson). They understand who they are and appeal to those types of players. It's never going to be an ideal destination for a Johnny Manziel type.

If you want to come here and talk football you need to be informed. This is a really sharp group and you can't just slide BS through. If you want to be uninformed about the league I suggest joining a Pats board (those people know nothing).

1) Cute, but that's never happened. Be cool if it did...

2) You're a second class tenant in your own stadium. Something to be proud of...

3) I doubt it. Do you really think the significant other says "geez honey, I don't know about Buffalo. You don't know if they'll play in the city or in Orchard Park."

Just because the Jets suck doesn't mean you have to get your panties in a bunch.

Any FA's priority list:

#1 Money!

#2 Winning culture

SMH

your team is in Jersey and you are calling out Buffalo for its weather? Most of the players don't live in Buffalo (or GB, Pittsburgh, etc) year-round. They might experience snow late in the season (as do many teams) but they get gorgeous weather Aug-Oct. I am sure you are aware that the level of snowstorm in the southern Bflo suburbs this past year was somewhat of an anomaly? Most players go south or to the west coast in the offseason. I don't think annual snowfall plays a big role in where FAs sign. Edited by YoloinOhio

Stadium situation isn't up in the air. The new ownership wants a downtown stadium and it will be coming in 5 years or whatever the lease says. They have it down to 4 locations.

You can believe it or not but if you speak with people in the industry they will tell you otherwise. You just referenced how all of these teams have upgraded their facilities and then proceeded to say that it didn't matter. They just did it because they wanted to invest millions? The salary cap era makes things like that even more important. You can make the same money to play in Buffalo, Cleveland, Houston, Oakland, Miami, Nee Orleans, etc... What is ultimately going to make that decision? Money comes first (almost always). Fit comes 2nd and there are many arms and legs to fit (as I alluded to earlier). It depends on what it is that is important to a particular FA. The appeal of the Bills is the work environment (both people and facilities). In addition, it is a great place for family oriented players (like a Fred Jackson). They understand who they are and appeal to those types of players. It's never going to be an ideal destination for a Johnny Manziel type.

If you want to come here and talk football you need to be informed. This is a really sharp group and you can't just slide BS through. If you want to be uninformed about the league I suggest joining a Pats board (those people know nothing).

Hold on I need to wipe my tears.

1) Cute, but that's never happened. Be cool if it did...

2) You're a second class tenant in your own stadium. Something to be proud of...

3) I doubt it. Do you really think the significant other says "geez honey, I don't know about Buffalo. You don't know if they'll play in the city or in Orchard Park."

Just because the Jets suck doesn't mean you have to get your panties in a bunch.

1) it's an expression... I know you don't literally get 100 feet.

2) how are we a second class tenant? We co-own the stadium 50/50. I'm not happy about it, but I think you are caught up in the old Giants stadium. I've been told I need to get my facts straight to be allowed to participate here becuae of the sophistication and such... I reccomend you do the same.

I wouldn't say "_______ team sucks" when you have the longest active playoff drought in the league. It sounds foolish.

Stadium situation isn't up in the air. The new ownership wants a downtown stadium and it will be coming in 5 years or whatever the lease says. They have it down to 4 locations..

Quote of the day! It's not up in the air, we will have it done in 5 years and it could be any of 4 locations. LMAO. I love you bills fans =)

I'm loving this board!

Hold on I need to wipe my tears.

1) it's an expression... I know you don't literally get 100 feet.

2) how are we a second class tenant? We co-own the stadium 50/50. I'm not happy about it, but I think you are caught up in the old Giants stadium. I've been told I need to get my facts straight to be allowed to participate here becuae of the sophistication and such... I reccomend you do the same.

I wouldn't say "_______ team sucks" when you have the longest active playoff drought in the league. It sounds foolish.

Quote of the day! It's not up in the air, we will have it done in 5 years and it could be any of 4 locations. LMAO. I love you bills fans =)

I'm loving this board!

it isn't up in the air. The locations are all in the same area. He meant the specific location downtown. I'm sorry, but It does not deter FAs to not know the exact address when the zip code is the same regardless

You are probably just being snarky with some of your comments but when you are on another team's fan forum it just comes across as bitter IMO. I'm sure it would be a hit over on Gang Green though.

I'm loving this board!

You really are clueless. They are in year 2 of what I believe is a 7 year lease. There are 3 downtown sites and a retrofit of the current stadium currently on the table. The majority (if not all) will be privately funded. This isn't some big political battle that you are accustomed to. If you'd like to read up on it you can google it or search this board. It's just a matter of which spot they choose and what they choose the stadium to look like. The future isn't up in the air at all. The owner currently owns pretty much the entire area downtown where the new stadium will be constructed.

As I said earlier if you want to fit in here you need to be a lot more informed. As of right now you are pretty much a troll that might as well be blocked. There are a lot of fans of other teams that come here and contribute quite a bit. So far, you bring nothing.