could Buffalo become a Head Coach prime destination?

I'm still waiting for you to explain how I was "100% wrong" that all of Ralph's wealth was tied into the team. I provided you two links that show it was. What have you provided?

Dude, Ralph had a huge art collection with Monets in it. That alone would be 99.99999% of society's golden egg. Then factor in the huge operating profit he pocketed every year. Then factoring in his previous business holdings. These combined aren't pennies like you've suggested.

Then factor in his biggest asset. His Taurus.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You referring to sports websites on owners values? LOL

Oh by the way Forbes guesses at net worth (and are often wrong). There are several people that are not on that list because their holdings are not public at all. Remember Forbes undervalued the last 3 NFL team sales... there were not even close.

Most extremely wealthy people hide their wealth... for several reasons (some legal/tax reasons, some are just very private people) Knowing Ralph like we did... it seems to me he might have been like that a little bit.

I read somewhere that the Mars candy fortune people are almost hermits that way there are secret about their wealth. They never talk to the press, their donations to charity are done in secret. Some say they are the wealthiest people in the world but no one knows for sure. Hiding your wealth is smarter than flunting it.

Please. Suggesting that Ralph Wilson somehow hid all this wealth he had from Forbes is ridiculous. You think he was just sitting on an extra billion dollars where exactly? Secret offshore accounts? lmao. Get out of here with that BS.

You referring to sports websites on owners values? LOL

Oh by the way Forbes guesses at net worth (and are often wrong). There are several people that are not on that list because their holdings are not public at all. Remember Forbes undervalued the last 3 NFL team sales... there were not even close.

Most extremely wealthy people hide their wealth... for several reasons (some legal/tax reasons, some are just very private people) Knowing Ralph like we did... it seems to me he might have been like that a little bit.

I read somewhere that the Mars candy fortune people are almost hermits that way there are secret about their wealth. They never talk to the press, their donations to charity are done in secret. Some say they are the wealthiest people in the world but no one knows for sure. Hiding your wealth is smarter than flunting it.

this is especially true of the Mega-rich who didn't make their money through public corporations where they are required to report salaries, bonuses, etc. I believe Mars is a private company so they have no obligation at all to publicly report their earnings.

Dude, Ralph had a huge art collection with Monets in it. That alone would be 99.99999% of society's golden egg. Then factor in the huge operating profit he pocketed every year. Then factoring in his previous business holdings. These combined aren't pennies like you've suggested.

Then factor in his biggest asset. His Taurus.

See now that's a valid argument. His art collection was valued at $10-$20 million. Still a drop in the bucket compared to his overal net worth of just under a billion, but at least it's something.

Like I said, His overall net worth was just under a billion dollars and the team was valued at just over $900 million. That leaves roughly $20-60 million dollars in other stuff, like art, race horses, his house, etc.

Anyone who takes exception to the statement "All his money was tied up in the team" just because less than 1/10th of his net worth wasn't tied into the team must never use phrases like "Man everyone thinks Kate Upton is gorgeous" or "Everyone knows politicians are liars." It's always that one dick at a party who butts in to say "Well technically not EVERYONE thinks Kate Upton is how because that would imply every person on the planet does and that's just not true!"

People like that should be kicked in the teeth.

Please. Suggesting that Ralph Wilson somehow hid all this wealth he had from Forbes is ridiculous. You think he was just sitting on an extra billion dollars where exactly? Secret offshore accounts? lmao. Get out of here with that BS.

Just curious, how do you think Forbes makes up their list? Do you think they send out a survey to everyone they believe could possibly be on the list asking them how much they are worth? Unless the people are CEOs or huge shareholders in public companies, they are just guessing. There is no "hiding" money from Forbes, they just don't have access to that kind of information on many of the people on the list and very few people want others to know what they are worth. Accordingly, the list is known to be quite inaccurate and missing a lot of very, very rich people who are rich on the down low.

Edited by Mark80

Just curious, how do you think Forbes makes up their list? Do you think they send out a survey to everyone they believe could possibly be on the list asking them how much they are worth? Unless the people are CEOs or huge shareholders in public companies, they are just guessing. There is no "hiding" money from Forbes, they just don't have access to that kind of information on many of the people on the list. Accordingly, the list is known to be quite inaccurate and missing a lot of very, very rich people who are rich on the down low.

Do you have a link to back that up? Anyone noteworthy you can point out that they miss?

See now that's a valid argument. His art collection was valued at $10-$20 million. Still a drop in the bucket compared to his overal net worth of just under a billion, but at least it's something.

Like I said, His overall net worth was just under a billion dollars and the team was valued at just over $900 million. That leaves roughly $20-60 million dollars in other stuff, like art, race horses, his house, etc.

Anyone who takes exception to the statement "All his money was tied up in the team" just because less than 1/10th of his net worth wasn't tied into the team must never use phrases like "Man everyone thinks Kate Upton is gorgeous" or "Everyone knows politicians are liars." It's always that one dick at a party who butts in to say "Well technically not EVERYONE thinks Kate Upton is how because that would imply every person on the planet does and that's just not true!"

People like that should be kicked in the teeth.

Well, his four paintings that sold went for close to 32 mil.

Maybe you should read this article from the NY Times Mr. Link happy.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/03/12/the-billionaire-list-wars/?_r=0

Seems fine to me. Unless you're suggesting that Ralph Wilson had some kind of secret stake in with Columbian Drug lords or had any reason whatsoever to hide a bunch of money that people a lot more rich than him don't bother to do. Maybe he was secretly in the CIA?

Quantifying extreme wealth is a notoriously tricky business, since many billionaires have large and complex investments, some of which are public and some of which aren’t. Both Bloomberg and Forbes have released explanations of their methodology. Bloomberg says that its list relies on a mixture of public and private data, with the valuations of private companies being calculated relative to public competitors, and with a “liquidity discount” of 5 percent applied to companies whose “assets may be hard to sell.” Forbessays it relies on interviews with accountants, advisers and lawyers to compile its list, and takes into account “stakes in public and private companies, real estate, yachts, art and cash” while accounting for debt. Bloomberg says it makes no assumptions about personal debt.

Obviously you stopped reading there, because the rest of the article destroys the list. Last paragraph sums it up for you perfectly.

"the reasons to make lists of billionaires may have less to do with quantifying wealth than giving outsiders an organized, ranked way to gawk at it – which, even in the Occupy era, seems to be a treasured and profitable pastime."

Edited by Mark80

So do you ever admit when you wrong or do you just argue and argue and argue until the person just gives up and ignores you?

Look up John Bogle and tell me where he is on your precious list. Guy runs a 3 trillion dollar mutual fund and they estimate his worth at less than $100M. Give me a break.

Edited by Mark80

We are hoping that Rex is here for 10-15 years, but it's good to know that we have owners that are willing to do whatever it takes to get the best of the best. I like Rex, I think he will keep things interesting for years to come. They didn't want to get rid of him in NY even after years of terrible teams. I think we know what we are getting with him. We will have a good defense and a lot of fun press conferences and the players are going to get someone who is hard nosed at times but fun and knows how to motivate. The offensive stuff is on Roman and the personnel is on Whaley. All of these guys have to work together to make the perfect team. So I don't want Rex to be on the hot seat in 3 years when our offense is still terrible. It's not his fault if they can't get a QB in here in the near future. He's going to do his part and it's up to everyone else to do theirs

He was fired "in NY"....

So do you ever admit when you wrong or do you just argue and argue and argue until the person just gives up and ignores you?

Look up John Bogle and tell me where he is on your precious list. Guy runs a 3 trillion dollar mutual fund and they estimate his worth at less than $100M. Give me a break.

Do you ever admit that you're wrong? Or do you just keep changing your argument every time it's proven wrong to keep arguing?

EXAMPLE:

http://www.businessinsider.com/jack-bogle-mutual-fund-wealth-2012-8

But go ahead and explain how John Bogle didn't really give away most of his money to charities throughout his life and how he's "probably hiding hundreds of millions of dollars" because "that's what rich people do." You seem so keyed in to billionaires' financial inner-workings.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

He was fired "in NY"....

By an owner who felt backed into a corner, and decided blowing the whole thing up was better than fixing the front office piecemeal. Yes, he was technically fired. No, it wasn't your typical "coach who failed" situation.