Watkins vs Tuttle  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better pick?

• Sammy Watkins
    • Perry Tuttle
    • Can't decide
    • Appreciate my sarcasm
    • Do not appreciate my sarcasm

Because it makes so much sense comparing Watkins with a superstar like Beckham in a serious way, I figured I'd make a new thread with a comparison that makes equally as much sense.

The Bills selected Perry Tuttle from Clemson with the 19th pick in the 1982 draft, and he completely busted. After the Bills let him go in after the 1983 season, he bounced between Atlanta and Tampa Bay in 1984 before ending up in the CFL where he had a solid career in Winnipeg.

In my humble opinion, Watkins is a far better player than Tuttle, and Whaley made a much better draft decision than Stew Barber back in 1982.

that's not a good comparison because the Bills didn't trade the next year's #1 and #4 to move up to get him. and if they would have stayed in that pick then they would have drafted Jerry Rice for instance.

bad idea to trade up

really bad idea to trade up for a WR

really REALLY bad idea to trade up for a WR when the best WR in the draft is available to you at your original spot :)

that's not a good comparison because the Bills didn't trade the next year's #1 and #4 to move up to get him. and if they would have stayed in that pick then they would have drafted Jerry Rice for instance.

bad idea to trade up

really bad idea to trade up for a WR

really REALLY bad idea to trade up for a WR when the best WR in the draft is available to you at your original spot :)

One season does not a career make. Switch players and see how much the stats differ with a change in QBs. Watkins suffered from a poor QB under center.