Why isn't there more talk about resigning Brandon Spikes?

Vinaccia

Brown was far better than Spikes.

Overall, yes, against the run Spikes is the superior player, not only on our team but league wise. I would like to keep him, much will depend on what he thinks his value is.

He's a two down player, but I think Ryan can minimize his flaws a bit like he did with David Harris, who is not far more athletic than Spikes.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing, I think that is underestimated, he meshes well in the locker room, and is a great emotional leader. You wanna have guys like that to keep the pressure on throughout a game. Get'er dun, Doug!

One issue though is he only played like 500 snaps, while a guy like bradham was over 800 despite a suspension and Preston brown was over 1000 despite being a mid round rookie on where to spend dollars on the defense, it can get hard to justify someone so situational

Edited by NoSaint

One issue though is he only played like 500 snaps, while a guy like bradham was over 800 despite a suspension and Preston brown was over 1000 despite being a mid round rookie on where to spend dollars on the defense, it can get hard to justify someone so situational

Hmmm..... Let me introduce you to Lee Smith.

Why should we want him to resign? :unsure:

I'd rather we keep him and not let him resign. He probably wouldn't cost much.

He'd probably really dig being coached by the Rex.

He can't resign. His contract was a one year deal and expires once free agency starts. You can only quit if you are on a deal right?

I personally feel like he was a big asset in the run d, but rexy likes his linebackers flexible and we know spikes isn't a coverage phenom.