Bills fire pro personnel director

FluffHead

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fd1e69/printable/lack-of-homegrown-talent-spurs-bills-to-overhaul-front-office

More likey, that track record falls on Tom (I don't live in Buffalo) Modrak, Since Gibbons re-uped in 2011, the last couple of years are on him and Whaley...

Modrak was one of the worst things that ever happened to this franchise--hands down. After Donahoe got axed, I always wondered if him Modrak were getting together for drinks on Friday night laughing about the crap players Modrak could bring in to further screw Ralph.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fd1e69/printable/lack-of-homegrown-talent-spurs-bills-to-overhaul-front-office

More likely, that track record falls on Tom (I don't live in Buffalo) Modrak, Since Gibbons re-uped in 2011, the last couple of years are on him and Whaley...

I totally agree on Modrak. And I don't know exactly how these things work, but I imagine it's extremely easy to go back and look at the scouting reports and grades that these guys gave on players around the league and see who they liked and who they didn't like, even knowing full well how different situations on other teams don't always show how good or bad a guy is. I'd think it's probably easier to rate a scout and personnel guy than a coach of any position.

Modrak was one of the worst things that ever happened to this franchise--hands down. After Donahoe got axed, I always wondered if him Modrak were getting together for drinks on Friday night laughing about the crap players Modrak could bring in to further screw Ralph.

It is a testimony to the disfunction of the organization that pro scout John Guy and chief college scout Tom Modrak could survive so long with a losing franchise. Didn't the owner ask who was responsible for evaluating the players and prospects for a franchise that has struggled for a generation?

I'm not a Nix fan. In my opinion he was unfit for the job and set this franchise back. But to his credit he was most responsible for starting the clean out of unproductive staff.