[OT] Pre-bake wings?

SDS

I'm looking to make my wing prep for today a little easier....  Does anyone pre-bake their wings and then just toss them in the fryer to crisp them up?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

229649[/snapback]

Never, ever EVER.

Get them crispy in a fryer. The batches take less time the more you cook them.

Never, ever EVER.

Get them crispy in a fryer. The batches take less time the more you cook them.

230654[/snapback]

errrr.... did you read what I wrote? I said I was going to crisp them in the fryer. :doh:

and they turned out great....

errrr.... did you read what I wrote?  I said I was going to crisp them in the fryer.  :doh:

230736[/snapback]

Pfft...

You should have seen the wings I made yesterday.

11 pounds of them. They were beautiful, organic free-range wings, but HUGE.

I'm looking to make my wing prep for today a little easier....  Does anyone pre-bake their wings and then just toss them in the fryer to crisp them up?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

229649[/snapback]

To actually answer your question (altho a little late), I do bake them first and then fry 'em. Always good to make sure the meat's actually cooked!

I dunno, but Starter's pub is offering TURKEY wings now. They're massive. Only like 4 to a plate.

230745[/snapback]

The national chain Buffalo Wild Wings has 50 cent chicken legs on Wed.'s. Several different sauces to cook them in. Order 6 of those and wash them down with 24oz. Labatt Blue drafts. MMMmmm.

The national chain Buffalo Wild Wings has 50 cent chicken legs on Wed.'s. Several different sauces to cook them in. Order 6 of those and wash them down with 24oz. Labatt Blue drafts. MMMmmm.

230778[/snapback]

I love Buffalo Wild Wings. I wish they'd put one in Jacksonville, NC. I hate driving over an hour to Wilmington to go there to eat. It makes a nice trip every once in a while but if I want wings quick I'm stuck with Hooter's or Applebees. (Unless I make them myself.) Buffalo Wild Wings is a cool place though. :lol:

I love Buffalo Wild Wings. I wish they'd put one in Jacksonville, NC. I hate driving over an hour to Wilmington to go there to eat. It makes a nice trip every once in a while but if I want wings quick I'm stuck with Hooter's or Applebees. (Unless I make them myself.) Buffalo Wild Wings is a cool place though.  :lol:

230786[/snapback]

Make your own. it's easy and they're better than anythign youll find in a restaurant, I guarantee it.

errrr.... did you read what I wrote?  I said I was going to crisp them in the fryer.  :lol:

230736[/snapback]

I'm just curious, Scott. How long did you bake them and at what temp? How long were they in the fryer and at what temp? Frank's and butter/margerine or some other type of sauce?

I'm just curious, Scott.  How long did you bake them and at what temp?  How long were they in the fryer and at what temp?  Frank's and butter/margerine or some other type of sauce?

230918[/snapback]

I bought Tyson wings and baked them (frozen) for 35 minutes at 400 F.... Then I threw them in the fryer for 5 minutes at 400-425F or until they floated. We had Anchor bar sauce...

I bought Tyson wings and baked them (frozen) for 35 minutes at 400 F....  Then I threw them in the fryer for 5 minutes at 400-425F or until they floated.  We had Anchor bar sauce...

230936[/snapback]

AAAAGH! RUN AWAY!! RUN AWAY!!!!

Frozen wings?!?!

*thud*