Marrone interviewing in Denver

YoloinOhio

Marrone and Bill O'Brien are best friends. They were Best men in each others wedding (or at least in one of their weddings...i cant remember). It's not surprising that O'Brien would find a spot for Marrone somewhere in the Texans organization. Truthfully its probably Marrones best chance at saving face here. Go hang with his bud for a few years (or at least one year) until people forget about this whole debacle. Maybe he can even be houstons offensive coordinator (they dont have one...O'Brien calls all the plays). Its too perfect of a fit for it to not happen.

i know they are close friends which I think makes it look even worse. It looks like he'd rather take a handout from his buddy than prove himself on his own.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i know they are close friends which I think makes it look even worse. It looks like he'd rather take a handout from his buddy than prove himself on his own.

If you didn't hate how he left here, you'd probably chalk it up as just not liking the jags -- I think you are looking down on the consultant title a little too much here. It's not great but it's important marrone puts himself in a spot where he will have success and not any personality issues. A couple quiet years and some good buzz from obrien (if he succeeds) will be a good stepping stone back to something bigger.