My Off Season Wish List

- First off Whaley missed on his first coaching hire, however he gave Marrone plenty of tools to work with. He did a lousy job of grooming Manuel. 2 years into the job lets all hope he hires the right guy this time.

- Coaches I would like to see here- Shanahan! I know I know he stunk in DC and he road the coat tails of Elway in Denver. I believe he sees all that BS from the media/fans and just may have a chip on his shoulder. My next pick is, Rex Ryan. Another guy that will have something to prove. He must bring in a bonifide top flight OC to fix things on that side of the ball.

-Bring in a FA QB to compete with Manuel. I am not ready to give up on a QB that has 14 games under his belt with a mess of a coaching staff. Lets continue to work with him and bring in some competition. That being said, draft a QB RD's 3-5. Tuel needs to go.

- Draft a guard in RD's 2-4, and pick another up in FA

- For the love of God, please get us a TE. One with a little speed that can split a defense up the seam or break it down the sidelines for extra yards.

- re sign Hughes- we all know this, just sayin!

- If utilized properly, Spiller can do some good things. He is a Skat Back and that is what his role should be. I say re sign him for 2 years at 3 mil per year. Flame away on this one!

- Re sign Spikes for 2 years 2 mil per year. He is not an every down LB but we all know he is a beast out there and is part of the defensive pulse.

- FJ must be here next year- He is one of the best at picking up the blitz and we need his leadership as well.

OK folks, let me have it!

Edited by billsfan_34

if we resign spiller and spikes for the amounts you want, and then resign hughes for around 6-7mil per year, then we only have 5-6 mil for the rest; we have about 16 mil in cap space. I want wynn back too, but he isnt worth much in salary, so im not worried much. I just think we might need either hughes or spiller to go if we want to sign some medium/high quality QB or some good Olinemen. Then we have searcy, who i think we should resign.

if we resign spiller and spikes for the amounts you want, and then resign hughes for around 6-7mil per year, then we only have 5-6 mil for the rest; we have about 16 mil in cap space. I want wynn back too, but he isnt worth much in salary, so im not worried much. I just think we might need either hughes or spiller to go if we want to sign some medium/high quality QB or some good Olinemen. Then we have searcy, who i think we should resign.

It's tough but I think you are right about Spiller. We need to keep the D as intact as possible and adress the O-Line and QB situations. I don't think that we have the luxury of keeping Spiller, but I'll have mixed feelings watching all that potential leave the organization.

- First off Whaley missed on his first coaching hire, however he gave Marrone plenty of tools to work with. He did a lousy job of grooming Manuel. 2 years into the job lets all hope he hires the right guy this time.

- Coaches I would like to see here- Shanahan! I know I know he stunk in DC and he road the coat tails of Elway in Denver. I believe he sees all that BS from the media/fans and just may have a chip on his shoulder. My next pick is, Rex Ryan. Another guy that will have something to prove. He must bring in a bonifide top flight OC to fix things on that side of the ball.

I can never follow the logic of Whaley missing on the Marrone hire. Whaley didn't have the job yet and frankly Marrone did a nice job for the Bills before he just quit on the team.

On your grooming EJ comments you have to put some of the responsibility on the player. EJ was a reach at the 16th pick. He was also put into action because of injuries to other players so the grooming plans kinda went out the window. The question is whether EJ is a guy that can be groomed into a solid starter.

Finally Shananan really is not a great coach. Having Elway and TD is a pretty good advantage to have as a coach. If you recall that after the SBs Pat Bowlen announced that Mike Shananan had the job for life. Turns out that was only the case if he could win without Elway and TD. DC was a disaster as you pointed out so I don't know why we'd look at him when our team is on the rise but is lacking the answer at QB and could easily slip back to our non winning ways.

I think Jerry is gone. Anything over 10 mil per and it's not beneficial to the long-term health of the salary cap. With the other three on the line, I've got to think there's someone for half that out there that can provide good value and production.

It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. I'm curious to what his agent sees his value is compared to what teams will be willing to offer.

-Bring in a FA QB to compete with Manuel. I am not ready to give up on a QB that has 14 games under his belt with a mess of a coaching staff. Lets continue to work with him and bring in some competition. That being said, draft a QB RD's 3-5. Tuel needs to go.

- Draft a guard in RD's 2-4, and pick another up in FA

- For the love of God, please get us a TE. One with a little speed that can split a defense up the seam or break it down the sidelines for extra yards.

- re sign Hughes- we all know this, just sayin!

- If utilized properly, Spiller can do some good things. He is a Skat Back and that is what his role should be. I say re sign him for 2 years at 3 mil per year. Flame away on this one!

- Re sign Spikes for 2 years 2 mil per year. He is not an every down LB but we all know he is a beast out there and is part of the defensive pulse.

- FJ must be here next year- He is one of the best at picking up the blitz and we need his leadership as well.

OK folks, let me have it!

It's not so much a flame, but it's really going to depend upon how the Market sees Spiller. He had 2 great years under Chan (yes, 2, peeps - look at the YPA and the # attempts in 2011). If people look at that and say "woah, the Bills O just sucked under Marrone", he'll be offered more elsewhere. If people look at what he's done the last 3 years without context, they'll say "he's done" and he could even be signed for less.

Coaching also mattered to him. Gailey insisted that his RB block and trained Spiller like a puppy his rookie year: "Block, see field. Don't block, see bench". I also sensed that the team liked and believed in Fitz and Spiller didn't want to be That Guy who saw Fitz flattened because he missed a block. So a QB whom the whole team believes in makes a diff, too, but Spiller's blocking clearly regressed under Marrone.

On D especially, I really think Whaley knows what he's doing and I hope we keep him. On O, like more data on whether it's the coaching or the scouting that is lacking. We invested an awful lot in the OL last year for little return. Is it because the line wasn't properly coached and utilized or because the talent evaluation laid an egg?

Edited by Hopeful

I can never follow the logic of Whaley missing on the Marrone hire. Whaley didn't have the job yet and frankly Marrone did a nice job for the Bills before he just quit on the team.

On your grooming EJ comments you have to put some of the responsibility on the player. EJ was a reach at the 16th pick. He was also put into action because of injuries to other players so the grooming plans kinda went out the window. The question is whether EJ is a guy that can be groomed into a solid starter.

Finally Shananan really is not a great coach. Having Elway and TD is a pretty good advantage to have as a coach. If you recall that after the SBs Pat Bowlen announced that Mike Shananan had the job for life. Turns out that was only the case if he could win without Elway and TD. DC was a disaster as you pointed out so I don't know why we'd look at him when our team is on the rise but is lacking the answer at QB and could easily slip back to our non winning ways.

Sure Marrone quit, me personally I never saw Marrone as a good coach. Your right about the QB plan going south and maybe we reached at 16 - that being said 14 games just isnt enough for many young qb's. A larger sample size is needed for my opinion to change. Thanks for your feedback I appreciate it. Cheers!

Here's my short list as things stand today:

1. Interview and name Gary Kubiak HC of the Buffalo Bills. Kubiak brings in his right hand man Rick Dennison as OC.

2. Re-tain Jim Schwartz as DC maybe name him assistant HC and a little more money to secure he stays here for 2015.

3. Re-sign Jerry Hughes

4. Sign UFA TE Owen Daniels

5. Re-sign S Da'Norris Searcy

6. Re-sign LB Brandon Spikes

7A. If released by the Raiders, sign Matt Schuab as QB

7B. If Schaub not released sign UFA QB TJ Yates

8. Sign UFA OG/OT Jah Reid

9. Draft OG Josue Matias

....More to follow

Edited by The Jokeman