Orton wins that game for the Cardinals

Jkgobills

The Cardinals put up less than 75 yards of offense in a playoff game today. Lowest total in the history of the NFL!

Just when we Bills fans thought we have been through the depths of hell with our QB situation for the past many, many years the Cardinals show us just how bad it can be. Wow.

So you're saying Orton is better than the Cardinals third string QB??? Yeah, I'd say that's probably accurate.

Yes....and that you can go the playoffs and win a game with a guy like Orton.....despite his obvious limitations.

Yes....and that you can go the playoffs and win a game with a guy like Orton.....despite his obvious limitations.

:huh::huh: Orton took over when the Bills were 2-2. And last time I checked, they didn't go to the playoffs with him. Or did I miss something during the last week?? :rolleyes:

:huh::huh: Orton took over when the Bills were 2-2. And last time I checked, they didn't go to the playoffs with him. Or did I miss something during the last week?? :rolleyes:

Exactly, apparently you cannot go to the playoffs and win with him.

Super Bowl Starting QBs since we haven't made the playoffs. Some first ballot hall of famers, and some who are not.

If we can't get a hall of famer, with a great defense you still have a shot.

2001: Trent Dilfer

Kerry Collins

2002: Tom Brady

Kurt Warner

2003: Brad Johnson

Rich Gannon

2004: Tom Brady

Jake Delhomme

2005: Tom Brady

Donovan McNabb

2006: Ben Roethlisberger

Matt Hasselbeck

2007: Peyton Manning

Rex Grossman

2008: Eli Manning

Tom Brady

2009: Ben Roethlisberger

Kurt Warner

2010: Drew Brees

Peyton Manning

2011: Aaron Rodgers

Ben Roethlisberger

2012: Eli Manning

Tom Brady

2013. Colin Kaepernick

Joe Flacco

2014. Russel Wilson

Peyton Manning

Super Bowl Starting QBs since we haven't made the playoffs. Some first ballot hall of famers, and some who are not.

If we can't get a hall of famer, with a great defense you still have a shot.

2001: Trent Dilfer

Kerry Collins

2002: Tom Brady

Kurt Warner

2003: Brad Johnson

Rich Gannon

2004: Tom Brady

Jake Delhomme

2005: Tom Brady

Donovan McNabb

2006: Ben Roethlisberger

Matt Hasselbeck

2007: Peyton Manning

Rex Grossman

2008: Eli Manning

Tom Brady

2009: Ben Roethlisberger

Kurt Warner

2010: Drew Brees

Peyton Manning

2011: Aaron Rodgers

Ben Roethlisberger

2012: Eli Manning

Tom Brady

2013. Colin Kaepernick

Joe Flacco

2014. Russel Wilson

Peyton Manning

Another way of looking at it: the worst QB to win a Super Bowl in the last 10 years is Eli Manning (or Joe Flacco, take your pick). The worst QB to even take his team to a Super Bowl in the last 6 years is Eli Manning (or Flacco). The last time a QB the quality of a Kyle Orton went to a Super Bowl was 2007 (Grossman). The last time a QB the quality of a Kyle Orton won a Super Bowl was 2001 (Dilfer, since Brad Johnson was a cut above Orton). It is still almost all about the QB ...

Another way of looking at it: the worst QB to win a Super Bowl in the last 10 years is Eli Manning (or Joe Flacco, take your pick). The worst QB to even take his team to a Super Bowl in the last 6 years is Eli Manning (or Flacco). The last time a QB the quality of a Kyle Orton went to a Super Bowl was 2007 (Grossman). The last time a QB the quality of a Kyle Orton won a Super Bowl was 2001 (Dilfer, since Brad Johnson was a cut above Orton). It is still almost all about the QB ...

I'd say Kaepernick is worse than Eli and Flacco, and it really isn't close.

The Cardinals would've had a better chance with Jeff Tuel than Lindlay.

I'd say Kaepernick is worse than Eli and Flacco, and it really isn't close.

The Cardinals would've had a better chance with Jeff Tuel than Lindlay.

Probably will wind up being true on Kaepernick, although too soon to tell. And yes, Lindley was clearly worse than Thad Lewis, and I'll give you Tuel too. That was just awful. Back when Stanton went down I said bring in Tebow, and I wasn't kidding ... with no NFL quality QB to turn to, they'd have done better just doing what the Broncos did in 2011.

The Cardinals put up less than 75 yards of offense in a playoff game today. Lowest total in the history of the NFL!

Just when we Bills fans thought we have been through the depths of hell with our QB situation for the past many, many years the Cardinals show us just how bad it can be. Wow.

I thought it was 77 yds?

The Cardinals didn't get to the playoffs with a "guy like Orton", though. Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley lost 5 of the Cards final 7 games after Carson Palmer was hurt.

We had Palmer for 2 days----oh wait that was the other Palmer !!

We had Palmer for 2 days----oh wait that was the other Palmer !!

Hah! Actually, the other Palmer really couldn't have been worse. I just don't understand why the Cards limped into the playoffs with Lindley ... when Stanton went down and it looked serious, I was sure they'd bring in someone else, anyone else ... it would have been worth a try, right?

I agree with you completely, and if the Bills had one of the future HOF QBs on that list we would all be discussing the playoff picture as it relates to the Bills.

The best the Bills can do for next year is Jake Delhomme/ Rex Grossman/ brad Johnson/ Trent Dilfer/ Rich Gannon/ Matt Hasselbeck based on who is on the roster currently, who will be available in Free Agency, and what might come available in a trade.

It's not pretty, but it might be competitive.