Blessing(s) in disguise!?

OK, so this is purely speculative and I have done ZERO research, but it’s MHO.

Marrone knew exactly what he was doing when signing on with the Bills. An owner with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel (no disrespect Mr. Wilson). An “opt out” clause in a coaching contract…He obviously used the Bills as a platform to break into the NFL. Congratulations Doug! I hope you get the job in NY and we see you twice a year for the next 2-3 years and shove a fat sh*t burger down your throat (assuming the bad-mouthing rumors are true). Anyway, good riddance…and take your pop warner OC with you. I’d bet my left nut that the boiling point had something to do with the benching of EJ. And I think Marrone made the call in spite of the direction of Whaley.

Hire Cowher, who’ll bring back Gailey to run the O, and try and keep Schwartz around to run the D. And please hire a ST Coach that’s allowed to eat his meals with a fork.

Spiller is up for a new contract…let him walk! He’s not the answer, obviously! IMHO, he’s done nothing to earn consideration for an extension. Freddy J seems to have another year, maybe two, left in him. I like Boobie and there will be plenty to consider in FA and the draft.

Our WR corps needs help…I know, not a popular opinion…but Woods came on strong the last half of the year and Hogan makes some nice plays, but Easley is way underutilized. Watkins is special, and will be one of the greats! One more addition and we’re set.

Spend some money in Fa draft as many OG’s as possible! See points 3 & 4 regarding FA. Not sure, but I think Dallas is going to have to let one of their 2 stars walk, considering the Romo contract. I don’t care which one it is, throw a bunch of money at Bryant or Murray and spend all other resources on the O-line and find a couple gems @ RB and CB in the draft.

Brandon Spikes was the best stop gap signing in the history of the sport. Thanks bud, and good luck with your new team. Don’t get me wrong, I love the guy, but Brown is the same guy, only younger…and better. With Alonso coming back, Brown can slide into the highbred MLB role and, when necessary, come off the field on passing downs a la Spikes. Both guys have the same weakness in pass coverage and we can’t afford to have them both on the field at the same time

If we lose out on Bryant or Murray, make a play for Suh, if he doesn’t return to Detroit. All his antics are taken out of the book of footballs past. He’s a nasty man with the skill to back it up. Sure, he needs to clean up some of the stupid, but I think he can do that without losing his edge.

Edited by Armchair GM

I'm excited if for no other reason than we might actually get a good coach now. The team was winning in spite of Marrone, not because of him. As long as Shwartz stays the Defense should be fine and really, could whoever the new coach is really do any worse on offense than Marrone did? It's exciting because we know the Pegulas aren't afraid to spend money, and with the roster as talented as it is Buffalo could actually be a pretty desirable place for prospective new coaches. We may not have a QB but walking into a job with a defense like we have is a pretty good safety net. A new coach is literally a QB away from taking a team that missed the playoffs for 15 years straight to a team that's a year-in and year-out playoff contender. That's like a dream job.

I'm excited if for no other reason than we might actually get a good coach now. The team was winning in spite of Marrone, not because of him. As long as Shwartz stays the Defense should be fine and really, could whoever the new coach is really do any worse on offense than Marrone did? It's exciting because we know the Pegulas aren't afraid to spend money, and with the roster as talented as it is Buffalo could actually be a pretty desirable place for prospective new coaches. We may not have a QB but walking into a job with a defense like we have is a pretty good safety net. A new coach is literally a QB away from taking a team that missed the playoffs for 15 years straight to a team that's a year-in and year-out playoff contender. That's like a dream job.

I don't think that's possible. Anyone we hire, half the board will find a reason to hate him. Either he punts of 4th down or doesn't wear a head set or says "obviously" too much. There's always a reason.

I don't think that's possible. Anyone we hire, half the board will find a reason to hate him. Either he punts of 4th down or doesn't wear a head set or says "obviously" too much. There's always a reason.

PTR - Don't confuse effort with a 3 day escape clause.

OK, so this is purely speculative and I have done ZERO research, but it’s MHO.

• Marrone knew exactly what he was doing when signing on with the Bills. An owner with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel (no disrespect Mr. Wilson). An “opt out” clause in a coaching contract…He obviously used the Bills as a platform to break into the NFL. Congratulations Doug! I hope you get the job in NY and we see you twice a year for the next 2-3 years and shove a fat sh*t burger down your throat (assuming the bad-mouthing rumors are true). Anyway, good riddance…and take your pop warner OC with you. I’d bet my left nut that the boiling point had something to do with the benching of EJ. And I think Marrone made the call in spite of the direction of Whaley.

• Spiller is up for a new contract…let him walk! He’s not the answer, obviously! IMHO, he’s done nothing to earn consideration for an extension. Freddy J seems to have another year, maybe two, left in him. I like Boobie and there will be plenty to consider in FA and the draft.

• Spend some money in Fa draft as many OG’s as possible! See points 3 & 4 regarding FA. Not sure, but I think Dallas is going to have to let one of their 2 stars walk, considering the Romo contract. I don’t care which one it is, throw a bunch of money at Bryant or Murray and spend all other resources on the O-line and find a couple gems @ RB and CB in the draft.

• If we lose out on Bryant or Murray, make a play for Suh, if he doesn’t return to Detroit. All his antics are taken out of the book of footballs past. He’s a nasty man with the skill to back it up. Sure, he needs to clean up some of the stupid, but I think he can do that without losing his edge.

Good post!