No coach, no QB to speak of but I expect (hope) Whaley to paint his

Tipster19

The chips are down and either Whaley rises to the challenge of gets totally exposed, I choose the former. It's easy for some, at least me, to overlook that we do have an administration intact, regardless if we like them or not. Honestly I happen to like our administrators for the most part. Brandon is loyal and Whaley has made good, bold moves, some bad as well.

We need a coach first off and there's a couple of scenarios that could be good, solid moves. The first one is the speculation of Frank Reich for HC. He would make a lot of sense in many ways and I could be all or this but only if as Schwartz & Co (the current defensive coaches) would be willing to stay. The alternative to me would be to promote as hwartz to HC and Pepper Johnson to DC. I mentioned in another post that I would love to get Mike Munchak for OC. Between the Schwartz/Titans connection and Munchak currently a OL coach over in Pittsburgh this's hiring would make a ton of sense.

The wildcard in all these scenarios is the Pegulas. Not knowing if they want any of our current personnel is what needs to be known before any of us can determine how we feel about the state of the Bills.

Edited by Tipster19

This thread is a strong counterpoint to all those suggesting that we play next season without a HC and QB. Fine work.

If you would carefully read the OP, you'd understand he nuances that Whaley will address in the interview process. There are a number of candidates that haven't been discussed in other threads (like Reich, Gase, Schwartz) and who would fit best with our team. The OP isn't saying we actually need a HC or QB...just that Whaley has a lot of work ahead of him. Good insight.

I cant imagine, at this point, the Pegulas being anxious to get rid of Whaley. They kinda have their hands full already. Whaley has a real opportunity here to make something of himself. While hes made some bad moves, hes made some pretty good ones too. Hes pretty young an energetic and i somehow have confidence hes up to this task.

If he can right this ship, hes going to seriously impress his new bosses.

Gi r done. Youre the last Doug standing.