Head Coach Candidate: Josh McDaniels

McDaniels is high on my list. I think that he will do well in his next step. His offense talent has played above their talent level and it's not just because of Brady (although that helps). They win in a variety of manners, vary their formations, tempo and personnel. In addition, there is no one outside of Belicheck that understands what it takes to beat the Pats.

He was 33 when he took the Denver job. He wasn't ready. It happens quite often that a guy does better in his 2nd stint. I like McDaniels as much as just about anyone that I've seen mentioned yet. What would make Frank Reich a better hire? McDaniels has HC experience (even if it wasn't great) and has run more successful offenses. Reich is the OC for an offensive HC. That always scares me.

He left the Denver Broncos in a dumpster fire state when he was canned. It's amazing that working with a HOF QB like Brady for 4 years can wash that out of people's minds.

His stint the next year as offensive coordinator with the Rams was a disaster as well. His only success has been with Tom Brady as his QB. No thanks.

Really you want this as your head coach?

DEN 2009 8 8 0 .500 2nd in AFC West

DEN 2010 3 9 0 .250 4th in AFC West (Fired)

DEN Total 11 17 0 .393

McDaniels could be a good for us if he is paired with Shwartz. You have to keep that consistency on defense, and keep Shwartz in there in a leadership role that probably would be greater than the average DC. Then you let Whaley and McDAniels see what they can do with the offense. It would interesting at least, and in that scenario we would take some aggressive risks to try to get that thing pumping. Might work, might not, but we would be trying. There are other likely outcomes where we would not be doing nearly enough in the way of aggressive change to try to be better.

Edited by MoreOffense

@SI_PeterKing: 49ers to meet Saturday w/NE off coordinator Josh McDaniels. Atlanta and SF got McDaniels interviews during allotted window. Buffalo did not.

Is this a Belicheck thing? Because if so it's the most Belicheck thing ever Edited by Kirby Jackson