Rapaport: Marrone was in line for lucrative extension?

YoloinOhio

Could it be as simple as he saw an opportunity to basically "Hit the lottery" and pocket a free $4 million and still have a pretty good sense he would have a job waiting for him elsewhere? Not too many times you can get $4 million for free in your lifetime...

True. But I generally prescribe to the notion that jobs within sports aren't like "real jobs" in the "real world." I'm probably in the minority on this, but I expect a certain level of loyalty from coaches and management.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a garbage report, i am sure Pegula told Marrone the decision for a extension and pay raise would have to come from new football guy he was hiring.Think about it people who turns down big pay raise and extra years for a guy who has been in the league for two years and is 15-17.This sounds like his agent is pumping him up.Just happy is no longer part of the Bills, he is a one big fraud.

True. But I generally prescribe to the notion that jobs within sports aren't like "real jobs" in the "real world." I'm probably in the minority on this, but I expect a certain level of loyalty from coaches and management.

it looks he bailed because he thought his stock was high right now and must not have felt confident enough in his abilities to replicate or do better.

it looks he bailed because he thought his stock was high right now and must not have felt confident enough in his abilities to replicate or do better.

Agreed. And that's equal parts smart and equal parts ckicken-sh@# in my book.

I gotta wonder if the NY Jets didn't tamper with Marrone, and let him know they would hire him should he opt out of his Bills contract.

I'll be pissed if he doesn't hire Hackett as his OC, and hires a real NFL offensive coordinator, and even someone like Marc Trestman.

I kinda doubt Rapoport's story about Marrone getting a rich contract extension, sounds like complete crap. The Bills themselves haven't even announced a president or czar, so that sounds like complete crap too.

Conflicting stories, and who cares. I for one am glad he is gone as his offense stunk for two years.,

I think a lot of it comes down to EJ. It really seems to me that Whaley loves EJ and Marrone hates him.

Marrone probably didnt want to get stuck with EJ again and have to hang his hat on that record.

Yes this is pure speculation and simply my gut feeling.

I think a lot of it comes down to EJ. It really seems to me that Whaley loves EJ and Marrone hates him.

Marrone probably didnt want to get stuck with EJ again and have to hang his hat on that record.

Yes this is pure speculation and simply my gut feeling.

the QB situation didn't help but if he goes to the Jets we will know it was not that simple.

I think it would really be funny if Rex came to us and Marron went to the Jets. Serve us both right. Does the new owner know anything about a football team? Or are we just a new toy. Time will tell. Hope we sell someone a good story about our future.

It doesn't make sense to me either, but there are a number of national press sources out there right now saying that Marrone was absolutely going to get a lucrative extension. I smell a fish.

His agent at work again, if this were true he would have signed extension.This is such BS reporting and in two years this loser will be out of the league.

Agreed. This rumor is the work of Marrone's agent. the reality of the situation is this: Marrone asked for an extension for himself and his staff. He was denied on all counts so he opted out of his contract. Some will reason that he was justified because of the lack of commitment by the new ownership. I disagree. He didn't get the extension because he didn't prove himself worthy of it and that's on him. If he'd have earned it, he'd have gotten it. He was just lucky that he was in a position to get $4M to walk away.